Army proposes to scrap Future Main Battle Tank

p2prada

The problem of an autoloader, as I was told, is that once the ammunition is over in the system, it has to be refilled!

That takes a great amount of time.

In a mobile battle that has serious disadvantages wherein a window of opportunity where a relentless push is the answer is paused and the adversary gets a chance to readjust and consolidate.

Any opinions?
The current autoloaders that we use have limited ammo, including the T-90.

The answer is to build an autoloader that at least doubles the capacity.

@Damian has an exhaustive list of prototype autoloaders being developed around the world with a greater load than what's on the T-90.

Back to OP, the article is quite old. We are still not sure about this since CVRDE's chief did talk about FMBT in a more recent interview. I think we should wait for official info regarding this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That takes a great amount of time.

In a mobile battle that has serious disadvantages wherein a window of opportunity where a relentless push is the answer is paused and the adversary gets a chance to readjust and consolidate.
Sir, I think it takes more or less same time for reloading of ammo and fuel back at lines for both manual and auto-reloading system..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think this was posted before..

Senior army sources tell Business Standard that the Directorate General of Mechanised Forces (DGMF), which oversees the army's tank force, has formally proposed that the Arjun be gradually improved through successive models --- Mark II, Mark III, Mark IV and so on --- rather than attempting a major technological leap into the unknown, which is what the FMBT would be.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles