Army Coup in Pakistan just around the corner ?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
NS is joker in packer because his stand will clear who wins in the end - the civilian govt. or Army.

And now Imran Taliban Khan says this

PTI will not support any unconstitutional step by army: Imran Khan

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said that even though his party and the people of Pakistan want to get rid of the present government, PTI would never accept any undemocratic and unconstitutional step by the army to remove the government.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
PA may not topple the entire Government but as the last option they may force changes at the top level.
A full on coup is unlikely as long as the US is in Af-Pak and feeds Pakistan.

Regards,
Virendra

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Everything is unpredictable in Pakistan.

Even before we open our eyes tomorrow, we may discover that there are tanks on the Pakistani streets!

On the other hand, it maybe totally normal - just the usual bombs chucked in a Mosque and a couple of 100s are its victims!

noob101

PA may not topple the entire Government but as the last option they may force changes at the top level.
A full on coup is unlikely as long as the US is in Af-Pak and feeds Pakistan.

Regards,
Virendra
US is toxic in Pakistan right now .... if either the PA or the PPP are seen as being supported by the US public outrage will be extreme, If i was the PA right now I would just fabricate a lot evidence that the PPP is actively working with the US in drone strikes or some bullshit like that,,,, that will get the country going

sukhish

I just hope it become stable. I mean india simply doesn't want a nuclear unstable pakistan on its border.
to salvage the lost pride PA will start sheeling on indian borders, which would not be good for india. they don't have any hope of becoming an economic power house, so instead they get to there usual business of being spoiler.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I just hope it become stable. I mean india simply doesn't want a nuclear unstable pakistan on its border.
to salvage the lost pride PA will start sheeling on indian borders, which would not be good for india. they don't have any hope of becoming an economic power house, so instead they get to there usual business of being spoiler.
It really does not matter whether Pakistan is stable or unstable.

Even when there is what appears a stable Govt, it still is unstable.

Did they not threaten to use the Nukes even during Kargil?

The Govt was supposed to be stable!

As far as shelling or firing on the LC, it is a regular practice when they feel like escalating issues.

Vyom

Seeker
Everything is unpredictable in Pakistan.

Even before we open our eyes tomorrow, we may discover that there are tanks on the Pakistani streets!

On the other hand, it maybe totally normal - just the usual bombs chucked in a Mosque and a couple of 100s are its victims!
Totally normal! :lol:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
US is toxic in Pakistan right now .... if either the PA or the PPP are seen as being supported by the US public outrage will be extreme, If i was the PA right now I would just fabricate a lot evidence that the PPP is actively working with the US in drone strikes or some bullshit like that,,,, that will get the country going
Yeah they won't and don't want to be seen as working with US. But then however quiet, they do work with them right?
That is what keeps Pakistan standing, resembling a nation.

Regards,
Virendra

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
US, UK back democracy, rule of law in Pakistan

British High Commissioner Adam Thomson on Wednesday said his country wanted strong democracy in Pakistan .

In a statement, Adman Thomson said Britain had no stance on memo issue or Hussain Haqqani. The British High Commissioner said doing politics in Pakistan was not their job. He hoped that all parties will abide by the constitution.

In a separate message, the US government has also stated that they were in favor of democracy and rule of law in Pakistan. It stated said that the respective governments support democracy in Pakistan and want the constitution to be upheld.

It seems west is not ready for the coup and won't support the PA in the advent of a coup.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Pak PM Gilani defends sacking 'army guy' in govt, Kayani furious

Hours after he fired the defence secretary over an affidavit row with the Army, Pakistan's beleaguered Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Wednesday said the top defence official had violated rules of business and had to go.
"The Senate elections will be held on time, democracy will stay in Pakistan, democracy in Pakistan's destiny now and all institutions will function under the government," he said.
Gilani has become assertive.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No not yet! I'll get out my popcorn when they start shooting each other.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well when Mushe took over it all happened in secracy and out of the blue but after so much publicity and not to mention Uncle sam in their back yard, i dont see any general rakeing up the nerve to topple democracy, not after Gaddafi and the Arab spring still fresh!! But this is pakistan, anything can happen with a mindless Hallem muncher.

Nagraj

the Patriotic army or egotistical maniacs??
if it were india i would have wanted army chief's head. :mad2:
any way he can thank his stars in Pakistan he will actually find support.
People get what they deserve.
The military hit back on Wednesday in a terse statement that said Gilani's remarks had "very serious ramifications with potentially grievous consequences for the country".

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Pakistan army commanders meet amid rising tensions

By CHRIS BRUMMITT, Associated Press – 16 minutes ago
ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan's military says the country's army chief has summoned his commanders amid spiking tensions between the armed forces and the civilian government.

Military spokesman Maj. Muhammad Ali Diyal declined to say what the talks Thursday at army headquarters were about.

The Associated Press: Pakistan army commanders meet amid rising tensions

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles