Army confirms attack by China hackers After the National Security Advisor (NSA) MK Narayanan admitted that Chinese hackers had targeted Indian government websites, the Indian Army on Saturday (January 23) confirmed that they too were a victim of a cyber attacks. Army sources told TIMES NOW that two years ago they suspected their computers had been hacked by the Chinese. The sources claim that the Chinese had been able to access important documents and confidential information. Following this the Indian Army was forced to increase security on its websites. Now, the onus is on the Chinese to explain accusations levied by the Indian government. After M K Narayanan's interview to a foreign daily, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had called for higher accountability from countries from where the attacks were being planned. With America seeking answers from China over cyber attacks like the one on Google, the pressure is mounting on the Chinese government to provide the countries an explanation. However, after the initial accusations from the former NSA, China remained defiant. The Chinese foreign ministry had vehemently denied involvement in the cyber attacks saying the accusations were baseless. Ma Zhaoxu, Spokesperson, Chinese Foreign Ministry had said, "I have talked enough about hacking before. I have nothing more to add. But I want to stress that there is no basis at all for this claim."