Army Chief warns against govt-to-govt deals with US

AJSINGH

^^
well Aj the deal is not signed yet we have only indicative pricing with us which is not final so how you can declare it as ripping off GoI
if it is 2.2 billion or above , it is ripping off

ppgj

the A-50 , sports the radome on the fuselage , customised interiros to host mission computers and better engines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriev_A-50
agree. but pray tell me - will that increase the price by 83.33 million??? you were saying IL 76 costs 50 mil $$. which means with just these changes IL 76 cost 250% more!! unbeleiveable. right??

which is why i am saying the new IL 76's are not $50 mil as you and some are saying here. it is much more.

besides they are not even in production.

AJSINGH

agree. but pray tell me - will that increase the price by 83.33 million??? you were saying IL 76 costs 50 mil $$. which means with just these changes IL 76 cost 250% more!! unbeleiveable. right??

which is why i am saying the new IL 76's are not $50 mil as you and some are saying here. it is much more.

besides they are not even in production.
huh atleast they are not the price of C-17

san

huh atleast they are not the price of C-17
What will be cost of a IL76, if we do same agrrement for maintanence with russia. Russian also habit of increase the price as their wishes after sometime

AJSINGH

You know price of IAF configuration C17 ?
Please enlighten me about it.
the base price would be 2.2 billion , still il-476 will come to be lower ,even if we take the price of Il-476 as 100milliom dollors , then 10 aircraft would be 1 billion

AJSINGH

What will be cost of a IL76, if we do same agrrement for maintanence with russia. Russian also habit of increase the price as their wishes after sometime
okay , IAF already operates Il-76 , the cost of training ground crew,pilots ,etc would not be required ,plus new facilities to repair C-17 also would not be required.Also this would effectively reduce the cost of ownership

san

okay , IAF already operates Il-76 , the cost of training ground crew,pilots ,etc would not be required ,plus new facilities to repair C-17 also would not be required.Also this would effectively reduce the cost of ownership
If we apply same logic to fighter aircraft than we shall induct only MIG aircrafts beacause we have everything in place. Have you ever heard the sound of IL-76. I live near to HAL aircraft and heard it frequently. This aircraft is an old design from every design point. It cannot and will not last for another 30 years. Russia can design a new type of aircraft and offer to India but IL76 that to old to induct. Buying IL-76 is like buying an Fiat car (Mumbai Taxi type) at lower price with possibility of brakedown and unceratainity of spare parts

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
the base price would be 2.2 billion , still il-476 will come to be lower ,even if we take the price of Il-476 as 100milliom dollors , then 10 aircraft would be 1 billion
What base prize? I'm asking if the IAF config C17 prize out? Don't compare aircrafts unless the official statements regarding use, prize, capacity are out. The products you are comparing are totally different & have different uses. In critical equipments, cost is not issue but the technology. Stop this ridiculous comparison. Deal not even signed yet.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't see how the deal can be signed once FinMin gets a hold of it. They wouldn't authorise $1.3 billion for tankers, what makes anyone think they will authorise $5.8 billion for airlift?

AkhandBharat

I don't see how the deal can be signed once FinMin gets a hold of it. They wouldn't authorise $1.3 billion for tankers, what makes anyone think they will authorise $5.8 billion for airlift?
The deal will be signed because India realizes it needs strategic airlift capability. Its not about the money, lol

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The deal will be signed because India realizes it needs strategic airlift capability. Its not about the money, lol
So India doesn't realise it needs aerial tankers? That doesn't make sense.

AkhandBharat

India realizes it doesnt need to float RFP for tankers, which is why it was cancelled.

AJSINGH

If we apply same logic to fighter aircraft than we shall induct only MIG aircrafts beacause we have everything in place. Have you ever heard the sound of IL-76. I live near to HAL aircraft and heard it frequently. This aircraft is an old design from every design point. It cannot and will not last for another 30 years. Russia can design a new type of aircraft and offer to India but IL76 that to old to induct. Buying IL-76 is like buying an Fiat car (Mumbai Taxi type) at lower price with possibility of brakedown and unceratainity of spare parts
look Il-76 is old , but Il-476 is new , with better engines and glass cockpit , plus look at what price we are getting 10 C-17 , in the same price we can get at least 20 Il-476 . The Il-476 is a significantly modernized version of Russia's Il-76 Candid transport plane, featuring a fully-digital flight control system, new avionics and PS-90A-76 engines with improved fuel efficiency systems. About your
" old design" theory , F-16 is such an old aircraft ,introduced in early 1980s but USAF is still using it , so how does it matter that it is old design ,as long as the aircraft is upgraded ,it good to fly .

Of course inducting Mig would be cheaper , but unfortunately new and improved Migs were not available, and if you see till MMRCA deal is sealed , we have till now inducted even in 1990s Russian aircraft .

AJSINGH

What base prize? I'm asking if the IAF config C17 prize out? Don't compare aircrafts unless the official statements regarding use, prize, capacity are out. The products you are comparing are totally different & have different uses. In critical equipments, cost is not issue but the technology. Stop this ridiculous comparison. Deal not even signed yet.
go back in thread and look what people have posted , the base price would no way lower than 2.2 billion

AkhandBharat

the contract will go to Airbus A330 multo role tanker and not boeing
The original RFP was cancelled because the airbus quote was too high, lol. Unless Airbus makes a competitive bid this time around, which I doubt, boeing will win the contract.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles