Army camp in Uri under attack, several personnel killed

DingDong

Country flag
Time for Modi to show the might of his 56 inch chest. We do not want another "Antah Karan se naman" kind of statement coming from his mouth if his words are not backed by punitive action.

Yes, the media blitz was for public consumption.

As I said Many Sr Army officers from what I understand were opposed to such a media coverage.
Overnight the media has become the friend of BJP, the government must concentrate on real action instead of Media Management, which is clearly the case.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
3rd attack on now, this time in Shopian !!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I take everything that politicians say with a pinch of salt. The reference was provided when you asked for links for BJP's poll claims.
You are a top dog, a think tank, not a tabloid journalist, I expect you to see the patterns.

That's actually BS. Go ask any Army commander there. Will he tolerate his jawan being killed in Pakistani fire and not kill theirs in return ?

Ask who ? Lemontree ?

Show me one instance of complementary political response of UPA -2 to Pakistan. Only response was subduing and misleading Indians though their media mouth pieces and creating doubts on culpability of Pakistanis.

Do you think the Dogras, Marathas, Punjabis, Sikhs, Jaats, Rajpus, Garwahlis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis etc. are pussies ? They will take the death of their brother soldiers lying down ?
They are highly obedient force who wouldn't do anything beyond their mandate or scope of duty. You want to believe these baloonies that the actions has been taken then is useless as it never happened because to fix Paksitan the action has to be visible. If that was not the case then recent indecents at LoC or IB would have been never leaked to media by forces.

Indian security forces there are far better equipped and resources than Pakistani soldiers across LoC. For the last many years we have been given them a disproportionate response for every firing incident.
Of course you can play safe with this subjective chit chat, or may ask some emotional military professional to jump into this discussion but every single attack following infiltration under cover fire of Pakistan army tells something failed from our side. Especially when we have most guarded border on this planet. BTW my premise is military and political response should be visible neglecting Pakistani rants of Indian being a warmonger.

This time Indian Govt decided to publicize it.
And they did the right thing.

Many sr officers were against publicising our response as it could give impetus to infiltration.
I will take it on the face value as right. My response is of course they will say it, they didn't even wanted to admit their failures in Kargil.

Security policies are not drafted in isolation. They are drafted taking everyone on board.
Please explain a bit more.

sgarg

Yes, the media blitz was for public consumption.

As I said Many Sr Army officers from what I understand were opposed to such a media coverage.
We live in a democratic country. Press covers all events. Even this event (which is bad) is being covered by the Press.

I doubt Pakistan calibrates its responses to what is being said in the media.

Press is mostly anti-BJP. Do you want government to gag the press for this reason. Of course not.

A free Press is a pillar of democracy.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Looks like Bhakts are are trying to find excuses.

Anyways another encounter in Srinagar 1 terrorist gunned down. 2 more trapped.
Hari Bol.....Har Har Mahadev!

Abki Bar Hogayi Modi Sarkar agli baar bhi Modi Sarkar!

--------

Now back to the topic, with outpouring of people during ongoing elections and Modi refusing to talk to pakistan on paki terms - pakistan has activated its sleeper cells in Kashmir and hence we see this surge of attacks. What is required is sealing the Border and run combing operations throughout Kashmir, and kick lower backs of Jhaolchap / secular / APPies who advocate removal of AFSPA!

DingDong

Country flag
Modi will do another "Anahkaran se naman to our martyrs" and Pakistan after hearing the statement will start shaking in it's boots.

That is BJP's foolproof strategy.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I think the only reason you are taking offence is that I am neither a Hindu nor a BJP blind supporter, anyways.
Playing communal card is not going to help. There was a time when you were pitching upper cast RSS against Lower cast Modi and then you were debating Modi's cast. Stop playing clever.

You are an admin of this forum, I may ignore anyone but your posts are certainly going to attract more responses and eyebrows.

I clearly said this is what Pakistanis are saying on their TV. If Pakistanis are peddling this logic to their people, how can I be blamed ?
And you didn't drop a line if they are saying it right or wrong. The matter would have been ended there.

I have clearly mentioned the various reasons why they are ratcheting up the thermostat in Kashmir. And I believe one poster agreed with me but you don't find any offensive with his post. Probably because he is a Hindu and a BJP supporter.
Only thing I will say that I am not going to convince you, but your accusations are untrue.

Yes, I have been saying and continue to say that UPA-2 did a great job security wise. Possibly the only good thing of that 5 year term.
Ok I got your point our security is at the mercy of Pakistan.

The fact that there was going to be a lot of violence post UPA-2 was well known, and that's why I didn't buy BJP rhetoric when they said that Modi alone is enough to counter Pak and China no need for the Army even
Only a stupid person will digest that argument literally that alone Modi being a PM can stop all the terrorist attacks. If that was the case then he wouldn't have uprooted a popular CM and placed him as Defence Minister (a sign that Modi diagnosed a big mess) and clear pending procurement of weapons worth crores in one go.

Last edited:

sgarg

@Singh, we all need to tone down ourselves. The solutions will be found jointly by the security forces and government. Involvement of common citizens is must in situation of terrorism. Dealing with terrorism requires vigilant citizens.

The violence may increase due to a number of factors. India is always affected by what happens outside its borders. The situation with ISIS will reverberate in India too. The public knows that Modi is good for idea. India has reposed its faith in Modi not due to rhetoric but results.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkroyal

Time to go after the fat arse Hafiz Saaed.

Strike Pakis where it hurts them the most :-
Karachi port
Rawalpindi garrison
Islamabad
Lahore.

Their stocks of grain /fuel /reserves
Blockade merchant shipping at Karachi port

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Time to go after the fat arse Hafiz Saaed.

Strike Pakis where it hurts them the most :-
Karachi port
Rawalpindi garrison
Islamabad
Lahore.

Their stocks of grain /fuel /reserves
Blockade merchant shipping at Karachi port
We can do that anytime.....but TTP, BLA, BRP, and others are doing great service to pakistan everyday! We need to actively destabilize the monster called pakistan through proxies like they have been doing in India. No point spending costly weapons on beggarass pakis!

sasi

I don't understand why there's no bomb blast in hafiz rally in lahore!

Our 'raw' should do more!

ladder

Country flag
Army must ignore media and political pressure, what if few guys get killed due to mistaken identity? Safety of our Jawans is of utmost importance and must not be compromised. We need to adopt high handed tactics. These new breed of terrorists are nothing like the old batch, they are going to harass our forces through such daring tactics.

This is only a beginning.
Could you be specific, which new tactics were used? And could you provide how the new batch of terrs are not like the old ones?

TheLord

RIP soldiers. Every drop blood of our soldiers to be avenged.

Pakis may be frustated by the high turnout for the elections.

brational

Country flag
Not a single Human Right bhakt is condemning the Terrorist attack on Army Camp and Killing of the Soldiers. Saalo ko Dal Lake me swimming karwana chahiye woh bhi January mein.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles