Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Here Are Some Examples:

German Puma with 30mm RCWS

BMP-2 with 30mm RCWS

SK K-21 with 40mm manned turret much like INDIAN Abhay ( 40MM RCWS would be better if possible )

Another BMP-2 upgrade by Ukrainians, RCWS 30mm with 4ATGMS

The main advantage of RCWS is it reduce the weight of the turret and that amount of armor can be use for chassis where crew and troopers sits..
Main focus should be on all three things mobility, Armor, no of passengers, 30mm is good enough, but if the can make a 40mm RCWS than it would be much better..

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The days of tracked IFVs are quickly coming to an end.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The days of tracked IFVs are quickly coming to an end.
How can you say this when many of the Latest IFV's still sport tracks?
The fact remains that Tracked vehicles offer mobility (not speed)and armor advantages that Wheeled IFV's cannot provide at the moment.

The stalker 2T IFV from Belarus first debuted in 2000.

The Type 97 IFV first enterec service with the PLA in 2004.

The Spanish Pizarro in service from 2002.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@ kunal - been talkin to some people and the new MPV/APC's under development by TATA shall probably be more like the European armored truck concepts pictured below.(the OT-64 is a soviet era vehicle)

Rheinmetall Wisent

Czech OT-64

Rheinmetall Yak

Serbian Lazar

Tatrapan from Slovakia

The MOWAG DURO IIIP from Switzerland.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

I dont know What we call these, But these things will provide a edge in fighting tangos, If we cannot provide all vehicles with RCWS than these will do the job!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
can u say about the humpi &tuffi of indian army?i had seen them in the news some years before....i had also seen an apc of mumbai police which they had recently procured from drdo which is havin brown camoflague paints......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
can u say about the humpi &tuffi of indian army?i had seen them in the news some years before...
Those vehicles are in use with PARA forces and ghatak platoon of RRs, these vehicles are limited in no..

.i had also seen an apc of mumbai police which they had recently procured from drdo which is havin brown camoflague paints......
Its not DRDO but Mahindra`s MARKSMAN!! :)

Mumbai Police Variant:

IA should have these vehicles, It have powerful engine also better armored than regular Armored Maruti gypsy, Gr8 role in CT atmosphere..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New Saudi Made APC

New Saudi Made APC

I found this very interesting. I managed to translate some information about this vehicle.

Type: 4x4 armored personnel carrier
Name: Masmac
Armor protection level: STANAG4569 LEVEL 3
Anti mines protection level: STANAG4569 4A & 4B
Engine : 450 HP Cummins (40HP perton ratio ).
Transmition type : Allison
Road speed : 150 Km/h
Range : 700 KM

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What can you say about a country that cant make a tractor to farm for food for its citizens but spends 10% of GDP on weapons and builds an armored vehicle? You call them the Saudis.

All that apart this looks good are they going to use to drag race in the streets like they usually do with all their SUVs?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What can you say about a country that cant make a tractor to farm for food for its citizens but spends 10% of GDP on weapons and builds an armored vehicle? You call them the Saudis.

All that apart this looks good are they going to use to drag race in the streets like they usually do with all their SUVs?
Though, Saudis have a very good and Strong Indigenous Defence industry..

Speed and Pick-up matters in CT environment..

ejazr

Ambassador
^^ I don't know how good their indigenous defence industry is but it does seem they are doing their best to build up on that and they have the cash to do it.

The Eurofighter deal also includes establishing a local assembly plant or atleast a maintainance plant that would also include training Saudi staff. 30 years ago they had low literacy and graduation rates but now they do have the HR to train.

Still I think its a good 10-20 years before they do have a good defence industry.

Would'nt mind having something like that for our CRPF though that seem to be perennially if old trucks.

Pintu

Still I think its a good 10-20 years before they do have a good defence industry.
^^ Agree, I think turkey did quite progress on that, they can learn from them, btw , I share your idea of procuring some of them .

Regards

Blackwater

Not possible, cant believe that it's Saudi made. Allaah tala has given these Arabs oil but not brains..

Blackwater

Nah I'm just kidding it looks capable.
No sir, They are not. They only watch Bollywood movies( subtitled off course) and f.u.c.k good looking Russian woman apart from there own 100s wifes..

It looks like they funded this project (all and only they can do) made and developed by Ameerica..

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Should work well when KSA wants to prop up the repressive regime in Bahrain. Probably provides reasonable protection against small arms. Not much is known about it's structural integrity. I wouldn't use it to tackle the Maoist problem in India.

debasree

Country flag
its look like similar mpv which nato forces use in afganistan,i have serious doubt, its a western weapon system,modified by saudi.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Would'nt mind having something like that for our CRPF though that seem to be perennially if old trucks.

OFB MPV are in good use by CRPF/BSF/ARMY..

Is there any proof to that claim? What do they manufacture there?
it's not the first vehicle they make, they made others before it.

Arab Military Products

Not possible, cant believe that it's Saudi made. Allaah tala has given these Arabs oil but not brains..
Preciesly, Money buys brains..

Not much is known about it's structural integrity. I wouldn't use it to tackle the Maoist problem in India.
If u notice it good V shape hull, It will work, but why to buy such a expensie when OFB and TATA, mahindra Provides better..

its look like similar mpv which nato forces use in afganistan,i have serious doubt, its a western weapon system,modified by saudi.

AL-MASMAK is equipped with a very powerful 450 HP diesel engine with a high torque of 1695 N.M and a governed speed of 2200 RPM which can drive the MRAPC up to 150 KPH and 39 HP/Ton power to weight ratio and an operational range of 700 KM which can be extended to 1200 KM. AL-MASMAK capabilities include excellent maneuverability and gradeability up to 70% in forward and 60% on reverse and a 420mm ground clearance as well as up to 1 meter water fording.
450 HP Cummins diesel engine

That's a class 8 truck engine.

It's basically one of these

with an armored hull.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles