Indian Military Trucks

pmaitra

The reloading vehicle for Tungushka M1 has these Kamaz trucks, Though they are latest but in bad shape due to lack of spares ..
Do you have any picture? I have never seen KamAZ with any branch of Indian military.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have pictures, Will post them here and other places when time is right . :)

These photos as of now are sensitive, I have to take some permission to post them over net ..

Do you have any picture? I have never seen KamAZ with any branch of Indian military.

hitesh

^ I think i have seen a few 4x4 trucks that were not Stallion trucks but looked more like Tatra from front but were 4x4 which i have seen in Fort william Army garrison hope that was not the Kamaz one

bhramos

Country flag
I have pictures, Will post them here and other places when time is right . :)

These photos as of now are sensitive, I have to take some permission to post them over net ..
i have seen so many civilian versions on highways.. and i am waiting for your pics brother..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army operate some BEML-Tatra T815 VI 4×4, These vehicle are purchased for unknown reasons ..

Engine >>T3B-928-10 EURO I, 8 separate cylinders in 2 bands forming a 'V' with 90 included angle. Air cooled Multi-fuel and with direct fuel injection

Horsepower >> 230 kW (308 HP) @ 2200 rpm

Transmission >> Synchromesh type, 10 Forward, 2 Reverse, except for first and reverse speeds, gear shifting by manual, mechanical with pneumatic booster

Axles >> Swing half axles separately sprung

Suspension >> Torsion bars with shock absorbers on front axle & air bellows and telescopic shock absorbers on rear axles

Tyres >>Tubed type, size – 15.00 x 21 – 4 Nos.

Speed >> 90 kmph max.

Comments: BEML-Tatra T815 VI 4×4 high mobility vehicle is used for GS role in Indian Army. This is a terrain vehicle intended for transport of personnel and having a carrying capacity of 7500 kg on road & 5000 kg on off-road. The 10 speed gear box is of synchromesh type except for first and reverse speeds.

^ I think i have seen a few 4x4 trucks that were not Stallion trucks but looked more like Tatra from front but were 4x4 which i have seen in Fort william Army garrison hope that was not the Kamaz one

Blackwater

Army operate some BEML-Tatra T815 VI 4×4, These vehicle are purchased for unknown reasons ..

Engine >>T3B-928-10 EURO I, 8 separate cylinders in 2 bands forming a 'V' with 90 included angle. Air cooled Multi-fuel and with direct fuel injection

Horsepower >>230 kW (308 HP) @ 2200 rpm

Transmission >> Synchromesh type, 10 Forward, 2 Reverse, except for first and reverse speeds, gear shifting by manual, mechanical with pneumatic booster

Axles >> Swing half axles separately sprung

Suspension >>Torsion bars with shock absorbers on front axle & air bellows and telescopic shock absorbers on rear axles

Tyres >>Tubed type, size – 15.00 x 21 – 4 Nos.

Speed >>90 kmph max.

Comments: BEML-Tatra T815 VI 4×4 high mobility vehicle is used for GS role in Indian Army. This is a terrain vehicle intended for transport of personnel and having a carrying capacity of 7500 kg on road & 5000 kg on off-road. The 10 speed gear box is of synchromesh type except for first and reverse speeds.
Indeed very old tech. Euro 1 engine ,duniya euro 6 or 7 pe ha aaj

pmaitra

MAZ-543 of Indian Navy

Scania of Indian Army

Scania of Indian Army

pmaitra

TATA-Mercedes-Benz

First Mercedes Benz diesel truck - 1954

Cab-over-engine chassis (also see this low quality image)

Conventional cab and cab-over-engine truck chassis lined up

Exports begin - 1961

Old fire tender and truck renovated by Tata

Zebra

Country flag
THEN AND NOW: OLD TRAVANCORE KINGDOM AND KERALA PHOTOS

coal -gas bus .coal is converted into coal gas ,by cranking the handle for about 15 minutes .the coal gas was used to run the buses in 1940-1945 during 2nd world war ,due to non availability of petrol

A TYPICAL CHEVROLET BUS OF 1940-1960 ,USED WITH PETROL ENGINE OR WITH COAL GAS ENGINE ,DIESEL,C.N.G,AND L.P.G WERE UNKNOWN THEN, ||below typical Travancore bus stand 1950 with ford,Chevrolet,Fargo buses and a ford wooden body van

INDIAN CARS WERE FIRST PRODUCED AROUND 1950

1949: Hindustan 10 and 14

BELOW-1954: Landmaster

1957: Mark I

Zebra

Country flag
^^

Very interesting blog.

Those who are interested in images of India's different state owned army and images of south India then this web will help a lot.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Tata Motors today said it has bagged an order for supplying 1,200 multi-axle trucks to the Indian Army. It is the single largest order awarded to an Indian company in land systems by the Indian army and comprises 1,200 units of high- mobility 6X6 multi-axle trucks, Tata Motors said in a statement. The trucks will be used for loading-unloading and transportation of ammunition pallets, spares and other operational equipment, it added. Developed indigenously, the Tata 6X6 high mobility all- terrain all- wheel drive vehicle, has completed a total trial duration of 25 months, demonstrating maximum performance in the most demanding conditions, the company said. "We at Tata Motors are extremely proud to have bagged the single largest order, among Indian OEM's from the Indian army, for the most technologically advanced high mobility load carrier system ever built here in India," Tata Motors, Vice President, Defence & Government Business, Vernon Noronha said. The order is a validation of Tata Motor's strategy and growth potential, he added. "As leading suppliers of mobility solutions to the country's security forces, we will shortly commence delivery of these high-mobility vehicles," Noronha said. Tata Motors stock was trading at Rs 401, up 0.72 per cent, on the BSE.

Tata Motors bags order for 1,200 trucks from Indian Army

aliyah

order given to them just coz its indian company or are the trucks really worth it??

blueblood

order given to them just coz its indian company or are the trucks really worth it??
What do you think?

Tata Motors has supplied over 100,000 vehicles to the Indian military and paramilitary forces, having been associated with the sector since 1958.

NLD

Sir what about canister based missile trucks???
Does Tata or Tutra have built it???
Moreover does IA have them???
Or just they have only those from which canister test was done???

pmaitra

Sir what about canister based missile trucks???
Does Tata or Tutra have built it???
Moreover does IA have them???
Or just they have only those from which canister test was done???
We have long trucks that might be useful for a canisterized TEL.

upload_2015-7-12_13-55-47.jpeg

Tata Motors 12x12

upload_2015-7-12_13-56-8.jpeg

Ashok Leyland 10x10

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles