Are you really Proud to be Indian!!!

Are u really Proud to be Indian!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
Are you really Proud to be Indian!!! If yes watch this video and tell me how proud are you...

now are you Really proud of your country???
Proud means not what India is giving to you. But in return what are you giving to India???
please Explain If you are proud of your country...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
If we do our own job sincerely and honestly, I think that will the best thing we can do for the nation. we do not need to be a soldier or a leader or a award winning social worker. we can just be anything that suit our talent and choice. Be a building block of the nation. Everyone does not get the opportunity to die for the nation. But everyone has the opportunity to live for the nation. Live and make your humble contribution.

Long live India- Long live Indians............

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Is this video stupid or what ?

Government of India is not India.

We the citizens of India have surrendered our sovereignty to the government so that it provides us the rule of law. It is not our responsibility to take law unto ourselves because that would pit us against the Constitution of India.
The government has to provide for us, it is its raison d'etre. Our job is to facilitate it by following the laws, paying taxes etc.. And if the government fails to provide for its citizens then the citizens have a right to punish the government. As an individual it is not expected of us nor does it behoove us to do the job of the government.

The best way you and I can help "India" is by taking an active part in the democratic process, and by educating and encouraging fellow citizens to the same.

englishwind

I am not Indian, but i have buddhist belief, so I love the land which gave birth to buddism. India always was conquered by different countries , many beliefs and races make the country lack strong unanimous faith even are accustom to dispute, I am amazed that Indians only know follow USA ,of course USA has many virtues which needs every country to learn, discard her splendid history wisdom.
So I want know, What is the spirit of India, What make Indians pround for this country.

bhramos

Country flag
We the citizens of India have surrendered our sovereignty to the government so that it provides us the rule of law. It is not our responsibility to take law unto ourselves because that would pit us against the Constitution of India.
one way we are surrendering over selves to the govt. by voting for money, drinks, sarees, or any other kind of lalach.
in my home town Khammam Andhra Pradesh. their are more fools then any other place in India my personal opinion. almost 500-1000 people including my friends did not vote as they did not recive money from any party. but i could convince my friends but they feared that their community may think any thing bad and did not vote.

i think their are very few proud Indians in this form!!! Doing something for India.
great thanks to Sabir and singhji.

@singhji what is wrong in the video? other then surrenderring to govt..
atleast spread this video as most of the Info is true.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, real proud.

Ask not what India can do for you,
Ask what you can do for India.

If we do not abolish our differences
The differences will abolish us.

Apologies to JFK.

venkat

Right now no!!! i am ashamed at the magnitude of corruption !!!!

JBH22

The question should be to all Indians how far to they feel integrated and have the sense of belonging to INDIA,this should be done in North East,South India, Naxalite hit districts..The problems are really huge once we get a good leader and some order in the political establishment we can do wonders that's why i think a US style presidency is a good option for us too many parties doing to many sh!T in India...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Agree with Paaj. The video is probably made by someone who would probably doing all the same thing that he is detesting. Also didnt understand him suddenly jumping to "ask not what the country did for you but what you did for your country" after all the things he had shown before that as their is no relation.

I will start with my own folks first. My mom and dad are not very highly qualified people. They just about managed SSC in Gujarati medium school in my village. When they came to the city they were like any other "villager" not exposed to the world. They had their flaws (in my eyes) but then they did all they could for me. They were not educated but did everything to get me educated in the best of institutions. Tried to give me within their means the best of the world. But even today their mindset is that of the village folk that has only tweaked a little bit in keeping with the times. While I and my kids and theirs will build on what my parents gave me and they gain from me. So am i not proud of my parents for daring to come out of that village and trying to do something for themselves and even more for me? Hell YES i am with all the perceived flaws in them.

Nation building is a continuous process. No one is perfect and if their is a long traumatised history like that of India coming out of colonialism and all its ills that were ingrained in the society, it sure will take a lot of time even generations. We have to be proud of the past as it has given us an opportunity for the future. We have the convenience of hindsight to criticize the past and the mistakes of today. But we have the opportunity to learn from them to make a better tomorrow. The maker of the video has conveniently forgotten all the gains we have made over the years that makes us proud and talked about nothing but topics that are now rhetorical.

As its said "The one who has not sinned cast the first stone". I am sure the maker of the video will be the first to pull back his hand.

EagleOne

I am not Indian, but i have buddhist belief, so I love the land which gave birth to buddism. India always was conquered by different countries , many beliefs and races make the country lack strong unanimous faith even are accustom to dispute, I am amazed that Indians only know follow USA ,of course USA has many virtues which needs every country to learn, discard her splendid history wisdom.
So I want know, What is the spirit of India, What make Indians pround for this country.
we are proud because we born ,live here, their will be no reason for loving own mother and country
"Janani Janma-bhoomi-scha Swargadapi Gariyasi" :"Mother and motherland are superior to the Heaven."

P.S :if u need some thing to be proud :Facts to make every Indian Proud

pankaj nema

Country flag
What is pride any way. Pride for some thing comes from a certain state of affairs.Love is bigger than pride.

LOVE is the most natural human feeling that one feels for one's country.

Our free dom fighters were not proud of being subjects of British queen .But their love for the mother land drove them
As on today we are in a definitely better position than in 1947 .But still we have a long way to go, in all aspects.

Pride for your country is not NECESSARY at all .Love is NECESSARY. So that as citizens we keep doing what is good for India

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I am proud to be an INDAN.:emot154:

VANDE MATARAM

JAI HIND!!!!!!!!

INQALAB ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am proud to be a CITIZEN of INDIA as it is the birth place of great leaders like CHANDRASEKHAR AZAAD, BHAGAT SINGH, RAJ GURU, SUKDEV, JHANSI-KI-RANI, CHATRAPATHI SHIVAJI, MAHARANA RANA PRATAP, SUBASH CHANDRA BOSE, SARDAR VALLBAI PATEL and other forgotten leaders.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
1. India is not a newly carved nation that we need to invent a background narrative for nation building.
We are an ancient people, nation, culture, civilization and are very secure in our identity as exhibited in our freedom struggle and resounding vote in the constitution. So we don't require nation building, we are well Indians.
Whether somebody is proud of this fact or not depends on his/her mental state, frankly.

2. The issues beseeching India are related to (mal)administration/(mis)governenance and are not in our ethos, identity, ideology, constitution, history or our setup. The democratic setup gives us enough steps to resolve these issues.
The poor are unenlightened and prone to exploitation and the rich collude with the politicians. It is only the enlightened middle class that can via the sheer number of votes it has and massive economic clout can/has to step in to ensure that there is accountability. Without accountability the current setup wouldn't improve.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
It is quite natural to have an affinity and elevated interest about the country that one grew up in and lived in for many years of his life. But if someone asks if one is 'proud' to be Indian, the question would be really stupid. No one chooses his/her country of birth and hence 'pride' or 'patriotism' is not really a choice.....by default, everyone is taught to be proud/patriotic of their country. The question we need to ask ourselves is, if we were given a choice to be born into a family and a country other than India.....maybe the US, maybe China, maybe even Somalia, how many of us would choose India over the other countries? If we answered honestly, that would be the real test of our pride/patriotism.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One may be born in a country, but need not be proud owing to various reasons. Why?

While checking out this interesting issue, I found some interesting facts.

German Nationalism quickly became an obsession for Hitler, and a way to rebel against his father, who proudly served the Austrian government. Most people who lived along the German-Austrian border considered themselves German-Austrians, but Hitler expressed loyalty only to Germany. Hitler, as we know, was an Austrian.

The Southerner of the US rebelled against the Union Govt. Eleven Southern slave states declared their secession from the United States and formed the Confederate States of America.

"The Man Without a Country" is a short story by American writer Edward Everett Hale, first published anonymously in The Atlantic in December 1863. The novel is the story of American army lieutenant Philip Nolan, who renounces his country during a trial for treason and is consequently sentenced to spend the rest of his days at sea without so much as a word of news about the United States. I have read this story and it is an interesting commentary on pride for one's country.

Aaron Burr, Jr. (February 6, 1756 – September 14, 1836) served as the third Vice President of the United States. Yet, due to various rumours regarding Burr's plan to secede from the United States and form his own monarchy in the western half of North America (known as the Burr conspiracy), Burr was arrested in 1807 and brought to trial on charges of treason. He was acquitted.

Then history is replete with traitors to their nations.

There are many NRI who overdo their loyalty to the nation of their domicile and even decry their country of birth!

I think as mentioned by Known Unknown, it (pride in the Nation) is all in the grooming.

Nationalism does not mean that one follows the principle of 'My country, right or wrong'. That is not nationalism. That is Jingoism!

Last edited:

Param

The question should be to all Indians how far to they feel integrated and have the sense of belonging to INDIA,this should be done in North East,South India, Naxalite hit districts..The problems are really huge once we get a good leader and some order in the political establishment we can do wonders that's why i think a US style presidency is a good option for us too many parties doing to many sh!T in India...
Dude, why did you bring in south India here? Forget about questioning people in the NE, South or Naxal infested areas. Ask people in the rest of the country how much they consider people from these regions as their own. The politics and the Military are dominated by the North, despite that there is no separatism in the South(there may be a few pro-LTTE loonies but they don't matter)

JBH22

Dude, why did you bring in south India here? Forget about questioning people in the NE, South or Naxal infested areas. Ask people in the rest of the country how much they consider people from these regions as their own. The politics and the Military are dominated by the North, despite that there is no separatism in the South(there may be a few pro-LTTE loonies but they don't matter)
Point was ask the common man in those remote region in the North-East how much they feel about being Indian or if they have that feeling at all

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
That may be true, because they have the bigger population, but generally the southern states are more developed than the northern states.

I mean, just compare Bihar and Kerala, it's hardly a comparison at all.

The main reason for this is because some of the northern states still have deeply conservative societies and are bound by caste mentality, which severely restricts social mobility and advancement.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The people in the NE feel alienated and it does not relate to nationality.

Alienation leads to anger.

Check the money and thrust to development given to the NE and compare their destitution to other parts of the country.

One should read Lt Gen's JR Mukherjee's book on the NE. He should know more since he has married a Mizo lady and visits the NE regularly and was also a Corps Cdr in the NE and COS in Eastern Command.

How many hinterland Indians visit the NE?

It is not that hinterland Indians do not want to visit the NE. It is just that the infrastructure to reach there is so poor and lackadaisical that one's gusto and zing to do so takes a beating. Likewise, in Delhi, for instance, the people of the NE are looked as aliens from outer space. If you don't want to integrate, then obviously, they feel spurned!

Yet the same NE people feel quite at home in Kolkata. They are not taken to be from outer space! One can ask them if they feel fish out of water in Kolkata and then ask them how do they feel about Delhi.

In fact, ask any other Indians about Delhi. Most find that Delhi is crass, cultureless except money culture and full of intrigues, cronyism and power peddling. Hardly representative of the ethos of India of other regions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles