Are we heading towards a Christian India?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by keshtopatel, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keshtopatel

keshtopatel Regular Member

I am a westerner and a born Christian. I was mainly brought up in catholic schools, my uncle, Father Guy Gautier, a gem of a man, was the parish head of the beautiful Saint Jean de Montmartre church in Paris ; my father, Jacques Gautier, a famous artist in France, and a truly good person if there ever was one, was a fervent catholic all his life, went to church nearly every day and lived by his Christian values. There are certain concepts in Christianity I am proud of : charity for others, the equality of system in many western countries, Christ's message of love and compassion….

Yet, I am a little uneasy when I see how much Christianity is taking over India under the reign of Sonia Gandhi : according to a 2001 census, there are about 2.34 million Christians in India ; not even 2,5% of the nation, a negligible amount. Yet there are today five Christian chief ministers in Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.

One should add that the majority of politicians in Sonia Gandhi's closed circle are either Christians or Muslims. She seems to have no confidence in Hindus. Ambika Soni, a Christian, is General Secretary of the Congress and a very powerful person, with close access to Sonia Gandhi. Oscar Fernandes is Union Programme Implementation Minister. Margaret Alwa is the eminence grise of Maharasthra. Karnataka is virtually controlled by AK Anthony, whose secretaries are all from the Southern Christian association. Valson Thampu, a Hindu hater, is Chairman NCERT curriculum Review Committee, John Dayal, another known Hindu baiter, has been named by Sonia Gandhi in the National Integration Council ; and Kancha Ilaya, who hates Hindus, is being allowed by the Indian Government to lobby with the UN and US Congress so that caste discrimination in India is taken-up by these bodies.

I have nothing personnally against Sonia Gandhi, in fact she probably is a good person to win the alliegance of so many and certainly a loving mother . I share with her a love for India, like her I have lived in this country for over 30 years and like her I have married an Indian. But nevertheless, since she is at the top, Christian conversions in India seem to have gone in overdrive. More than 4,000 foreign Christian missionaries are involved in conversion activities across different states. In Tripura, there were no Christians at independence, there are 120.000 today, a 90% increase since 1991. The figures are even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1710 Christians in 1961, but 1,2 million today, as well as 780 churches! In Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming-up every day in far flung villages and there was even an attempt to set-up one near Tirupati. Many of the North-East separatist movements, such as the Mizo or the Bodos, are not only Christian dominated, but also sometimes function with the covert backing of the missionaries. In Kerala, particularly in the poor coastal districts, you find "miracle boxes" put in local churches: the gullible villager writes out a paper mentionning his wish: a fising boat, a loan for a pukka house, fees for the son's schooling… And lo, a few weeks later, the miracle happens ! And of course the whole family converts, making others in the village follow suit. During the Tsunami, entire dalit villages in Tamil Nadu were converted to Christianity with the lure of money.

It is true that there have been a few backlashes against missionnaries and nuns, particularly the gruesome muder of Staines and his two sons. But Belgium historian Konenraad Elst laments that " When over a thousand Hindus are killed and a quarter million Hindus ethnically cleansed in Kashmir, the world media doesn't even notice, but watch the worldwide hue and cry when a few local riots take place and a few missionaries are killed by unidentified tribal miscreants.

Christian Naga terrorists have been killing non-Christians for decades on end, and this has never been an issue with the world media, except to bewail the "oppression" of the Nagas by "Hindu India" ". More than 20,000 people have lost their lives to insurgency in Assam and Manipur in the past two decades. As recently as last week, four paramilitary Assam Rifles soldiers were killed in an ambush yesterday by the outlawed United National Liberation Front (UNLF).

The other day I was at the Madras Medical center, the foremost heart hospital in Madras. Right when you enter the lobby, you find a chapel, inviting everybody to pray, there are pictures and quotations of Christ everywhere and a priest visits all the patients, without being invited at all.

Educational institutes and orphanages run by Christian organisations have become big business in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and other states. In Pondichery, where I am often, schools run by Adventists force their pupils, mostly Hindus, to say Christian prayers every day and attend mass. They are constantly fed anti Hindu slogans and biases under different forms, whether it is in history books, or discourses by priests during religious classes. Even in the elite schools or colleges, such as Saint Stephen in Delhi, Saint Xavier in Calcutta or Loyola college in Madras, where no direct proletization is attempted, Hindu pupils are subtly encouraged towards skepticism of their own religion, and admiration of whatever is Western.

One should also say that it's a one way traffic : remember the furor when MM Joshi wanted the Saraswati hymn to be sung at a Chief Ministers' meet on education ? And imagine the uproar in secular India if portions of the Bhagavad Gita, this Bible for all humanity, were read at the beginning of the day in public schools ?

Sonia Gandhi said during the last National Integration Council meeting : " We are committed to ideological battle against communal forces which seek to destroy our diversity and polarise us. But is not actually the Congress under Mrs Gandhi, which is promoting communalism, by insidiously installing Christians and Muslims (and Marxists) everywhere, propping up Christian states, allowing a free hand too missionnaries and pressing for reservations for Christian Dalits and Muslims, as recently done in AP, in a nation of 850 million Hindus ?

In my country, France, a Christian majority nation , it would be unthinkable to have Hindus - or even Indian born French for that matter - in so many positions of power. Impossible also to find a non-elected, non French, non-Christian person being the absolute ruler of the country behind the scene as Sonia Gandhi is in India. Indians like to say that the greatness of India is that it accepts a foreigner and a Christian like Sonia Gandhi. But is'nt it rather a weakness, and an aberration ? Can't we find a worthy leader amongst one billion Indians ? This is an India where you see today Swami Avimukteshwarananda Saraswati of Dwarka Peeth, made to disembark from an Indian Airlines flight for carrying his holy dand, a thin bamboo stick which is a symbol of their spiritual designation, inside the aircraft cabin.

Are we heading then towards a Christian India under Sonia Gandhi's helm? It would be a tremendous loss not only to India, but also to the world. For in India, you find the only living spirituality left on this planet.

URL: http://www.francoisgautier.com/Written Material/Christian India.doc

3. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Cannot agree more with the writer. Actually this issue is raised frequently by foreigners and I rarely see any Indian media person raising this issue . May be they are afraid of Madams party workers as these converted people become congress votebank.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  5. Agantrope

Agantrope Senior Member Senior Member

Missionaries are exploiting the situation like never before. I know many peoples who are Hindus in the document and adherent followers of the christ who are enjoying the benefits of the needy people. Bongress is high on its heels.

But how long the faith will be there if it was bought a few thousand money and some free kilos of rice. Conversion is the multi billion dollar racket in our country

6. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Sri if you watch the video I have uploaded they clearly defiles Hindu gods . If they are upto this kind of cheap and dirty activities they should definitely be kicked like dogs and an example should be set for them. but for them "darne ki kya baat hai jab sonniya madam aur congress apne saath hai ".

7. jatkshatriya

jatkshatriya Regular Member

when i see things like this...the blood in my vein starts boiling with communal hatred though i dont want it to be so...we hindus are inherently very very liberal....though respecting minorities is good but i strongly feel hindus should take a stance...christians have many powerful countries where christianity is dominant.....muslims have many islamic countries.....hindus have only one string land where hinduism is dominant at present ....and if this cradle of hinduism is gone then it will be a shame on the world..all missionaries engaged in conversion of tribals should not only be banned but be prosecuted,,,,for the greater good conversion itself shud be banned,,,,people like zaid hamid should be prosecuted the way they misguide illiterate people and convert them.....no offence to minorities...but hindus have to take a stand or when 80 years down the line hindus will become a minority ...our descendents will curse us everyday....

8. jatkshatriya

what the hell is VHP doing when all this is happenning...

9. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

You want to create another kandhmal? Issue like this cannot be tackled by VHP and Bajrang dal. There should be a legislation against conversion and these missionaries should be banned.

10. Agantrope

This is cheap tricks employed many missionaries. I have saw a following scene when i was in Orissa where the tribal people are followers of the Sun god, They were asked to throw their STONE statue in the river, then it got sinked, those mis people now put a cross of wooden stock and then it floats, showing this simple science they are converting. Again conversion is very big racket in india inloving multi-billion dollars. Also before bongress leaving out of seat, Italian M'am will ensure the order of vatican.

11. jatkshatriya

well i mean VHP should work within the constitutional fraimwork ..because we guys can only pass comments here while all this is happenning...but those people do somethng,(sometimes even wrong),, for the hindus...while the elite hindus just keep talkin over cup of teas...we have a folklore in our land...when Prithviraj first defeated Ghori and captured him...some courtiers requested to execute him immidiately, while some courtiers championed the liberal and forgiving code of the rajputs,, prithviraj pardoned him, the courtiers who wanted ghoris death gave all sorts of logical reasons, pleaded but prithviraj didnt listen as he took it as his duty to forgive someone who has been defeated and captured, next year ghori came, knowing all rajput tactics and weaknesses he attacked and execyuted prithviraj,, what followed history knows...thousands of poor hindus were ruined,converted raped.....who sufferred on whose fault....thousand of poor people who didnt have any say in that decision to forgive ghori sufferred at the decision of elite few who thought it is humane and a Rajputs duty to forgive ghori......the same thing is happenning with bloddy congress not seeing the bigger picture.....if 80 years down the line our descendents suffer then we will be put to blame not the VHP

12. Agantrope

How many people know about the tortures of the majority people from the so-called minority in Maha, AP, Kerala? When hindus does it blown out of proportion like a never ever seen religious clash and when we are receiving side they are simply ignoring the news?

Root Cause of Kandhamal starts @ killing of a local VHP leader? Now tell me who starts the music first?

13. jatkshatriya

yeah rightly said keshto........i am posting my post again just to be heard ...
    well i mean VHP should work within the constitutional fraimwork ..because we guys can only pass comments here while all this is happenning...but those people do somethng,(sometimes even wrong),, for the hindus...while the elite hindus just keep talkin over cup of teas...we have a folklore in our land...when Prithviraj first defeated Ghori and captured him...some courtiers requested to execute him immidiately, while some courtiers championed the liberal and forgiving code of the rajputs,, prithviraj pardoned him, the courtiers who wanted ghoris death gave all sorts of logical reasons, pleaded but prithviraj didnt listen as he took it as his duty to forgive someone who has been defeated and captured, next year ghori came, knowing all rajput tactics and weaknesses he attacked and execyuted prithviraj,, what followed history knows...thousands of poor hindus were ruined,converted raped.....who sufferred on whose fault....thousand of poor people who didnt have any say in that decision to forgive ghori sufferred at the decision of elite few who thought it is humane and a Rajputs duty to forgive ghori......the same thing is happenning with bloddy congress not seeing the bigger picture.....if 80 years down the line our descendents suffer then we will be put to blame not the VHP

14. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Mr. Francois Gautier belongs to the same class of Hindu right that claimed way back in the 70s-80s that Indira Gandhi and her Congress party are anti-Hindu and pro-Minorities, and Hinduism is danger because of them. This forced Congress to adopt a pro-Hindu and rabidly anti-Minority line which resulted in Babri fiasco, condoning of Bhagalpur Riots and Bhindranwale's reign of terror. The Sikh right wingers, the Muslim right wingers etc too claim that their religion is in danger and that Congress is doing nothing for them or actively sabotaging them. The right wingers feed off each other and Congress is their scapegoat.
    Congress party at the moment is hated both by the right and the separatists, I hope Congress sticks to its ethos, works harder and doesn't get carried away a la Indira or Rajiv Gandhi and ruins itself. Not condoning Congress's actions but the blame is far greater and wholly undeserved.

PS: I can't say if Hinduism is in danger or not. From population perspectives the number of Hindus has more than tripled in the last 60 years.

15. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

problem us that for them unity is their strength and we are always busy fighting each other . Its not that VHP and other groups are not doing anything. They are helpless due to lack of support from administration and in eye of Indian media they are evil not these missionaries. Those guys openly defile our Gods and get away with it . Main problem is with Hindu religion doesn't allow conversion we only allow purification of those who convert to other religions.

16. keshtopatel

Missionaries can not be banned for comming and preaching into India, but the problem crops up when they come with tonnes of money and lure inocent into thier predatory religion. This angle has a national security implications and ramifications. I have no problem if anyone changes his or her religion, but coercion should not be applied.......

India will be a hotbed of religious riots in the years to come. Its very important that this engineered conversion trend be capped by hook or crook.

So far we have seen certain folks having been flown towards Mecca annually (chartered flights of course) as a regular habit of GOI, draining the ex-chequer in the process, but now we will have new destination - Vatican.

Are Indians ready for above?

17. plugwater

plugwater Elite Member Elite Member

[​IMG]

LOL.........!!!!

18. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

When I visited Gujurat last December I saw this first hand. Gujurat had passed anti conversion laws one of the few states to do so and they were labelled a fanatic Modi loving congress hating state. But when I visited my Wife town where we got married about 13 years ago the population was 65% hindu 30%muslim and 5% chrisitian when i visited recently the population is now 40% hindu 30% muslim 30% christian. I am puzzled how these anti conversion laws are working ?? There is no animosity towards any religion but many feel the poor are being exploited by religous groups with huge funding who have bribed politicians and are firmly carrying out their agenda.

19. jatkshatriya

listen singh ji....dont go to numbers ...go to the percentage.....numbers dont matter even if hindus and sikhs are 100 crore and christians and muslims are 800 crores ...its the percentage that matter....u know what singh ji...personally all abrahmic religions should be annhilated because its written in their holy scriptures to convert the entire world to their way of life ...as those who are not living by their way of life will rott in eternal hell...whatt non sense...personally i dont have nay problem with sikhs and buddhists..i dont even mind if sikhs and buddhists become a majority caz these religions do not command their followers tto convert others

20. Agantrope

Already Ex-CM of Andhra chartered the flights to Jerusalem

21. keshtopatel

Conversion blitzkrieg

Missionary activity in India is aimed at destroying Hindu religion and culture; and has nothing to do with spirituality. While many Hindu religious leaders are parroting the dangerous falsity that all religions are the same (sarvadharmasambhav), missionaries are demolishing Hinduism by converting Hindus.

Several global missionary organisations were running a co-ordinated conversion campaign in India known as AD 2000. These activities were later brought under the Joshua Project. (each pin code in India should have a church)

Joshua Project is a war-like project to invade and Christianise India. It has collected the necessary population data about each village and town in India, and has prepared the area specific strategy to bring maximum conversions.

All over India, churches are being built even in remote villages (with no Christian population) to Christianise the local populations. Entire India is facing a blitzkrieg of missionary aggression.

As reported in a section of media, D. Ron Watts, a Canadian missionary and Dorothy Watts, his American wife, and their cohorts have converted several lakhs of vulnerable Hindus to Christianity in Andhra Pradesh during the last few years. Though they came to India on Business visas, they were engaged in conversions violating their visa terms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.