Are NRI'S more patriotic than natives or other way round ?

A.V.

Simple question , needs a simple answer without the flames and attacks please

chex3009

Country flag
In major cases, if NRIs would have been more patriotic, then they would never have left this country in first place. Shouting from far is much easier.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I think natives are.

I guess it depends which generation you are. We are very proud of India and being Indian for the most part. But we have to/should treat India and the homeland like your mother and father. As equals.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
In major cases, if NRIs would have been more patriotic, then they would never have left this country in first place. Shouting from far is much easier.
Agreed.

But when they dont get properly "welcomed" in there new country they start loving India. But few NRI do love India more than avg Indian.

Obviously we on this forum dont count because we wouldn't be here if we didn't love India.

Blackwater

On the Contrary NRI contribute more for India then the natives. In Today's world it's the NRI which influence world power towards India. They are playing there part and not to forgot remittance

Country flag
This is not a fair statement,many NRI left for opportunities that were not available to them when they left. I have met NRI's from many different places(continents) and IMO there is a higher % of patriotic NRI then patriotic Indians. I don't like to generalize but when I visited India most Indians were apathetic or indifferent to issues concerning the nation regardless of their economic status.

chex3009

Country flag
On the Contrary NRI contribute more for India then the natives. In Today's world it's the NRI which influence world power towards India. They are playing there part and not to forgot remittance
Accepted, but thats only few good things. Good work always begins at home.

Blackwater

Clinton's right hand

pride of UK

list is endlesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

chex3009

Country flag
This is not a fair statement,many NRI left for opportunities that were not available to them when they left. I have met NRI's from many different places(continents) and IMO there is a higher % of patriotic NRI then patriotic Indians. I don't like to generalize but when I visited India most Indians were apathetic or indifferent to issues concerning the nation regardless of their economic status.
I have come across lots of people that leave this country because they don't find a system that the western countries have and they find all points that are negative but they never tried to involve in the system and get things done straight. I am not complaining that NRIs are not doing good work while being away, but they could have done so by staying at home in the first place.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Like they say a true friend is a person who sticks by you in the bad times rather than the other way around.

JayATL

I'm sorry AV the question is tantamount to fear mongering and is absolutely derogatory ... how you define patriotism? is It like republicans saying democrats were un-American because they did not support the wars hence did not support the troops...

and everyone of you who are taking one side or another " shame on you" -

The premise of any answer to this post- on one side or the other will only cheapen the fabric of india

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Like they say a true friend is a person who sticks by you in the bad times rather than the other way around.
Not if you can't feed your kids and both parents are unemployed. I'd take that ticket too..

Country flag
You have to realize many NRI's are now 2nd generation like myself and their parents may have left India long back like my parents did (1960's).Many NRI's I know (vast majority) are not new immigrants but 2nd,3rd,4th generation and beyond (trinidadians,guyanese,surinams,South Africans etc...)

A.V.

JAY the question is very simple , love for your country need not be defined by any parameter , i just meant a feeling in heart and actions aimed to do something better for your nation in your lifetime

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You have to realize many NRI's are now 2nd generation like myself and their parents may have left India long back like my parents did (1960's).Many NRI's I know (vast majority) are not new immigrants but 2nd,3rd,4th generation and beyond (trinidadians,guyanese,surinams etc...)
I dont hold you responsible. Even some my first cousins are 2nd generation Indians in usa but they are usa citizens and dont care about India. Only have a slight interest.

Country flag
I dont hold you responsible. Even some my first cousins are 2nd generation Indians in usa but they are usa citizens and dont care about India. Only have a slight interest.
It has to come from the inside if it is not there it will never be.

JayATL

JAY the question is very simple , love for your country need not be defined by any parameter , i just meant a feeling in heart and actions aimed to do something better for your nation in your lifetime
this thread is no way close leaning to that question- look at the answers...

You question clearly calls ffor so called Class warfare ... pits NRI's vs resident indians.

I have a question are HINDU NRI's more patriotic than Muslims? why not ask that too...

watch the prejudice on either side of the answer coming out here...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles