Are N.C.E.R.T history books a tool for youth brainwashing ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sehwag1830, Apr 5, 2012.

?

Are N.C.E.R.T history books a tool for youth brainwashing ?

1. yes

58.3%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Never took history seriously as subject in class

16.7%
  1. sehwag1830

sehwag1830 Tihar Jail Banned

I mean half of History book is filled with deeds of Great Nehru and Gandhi with little bit mention of other freedom fighters . So do you think this is a tool used by Congress party to pull the children into their camp.?

Mad Indian and balai_c like this.
  3. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I don't about you but I hear and read more criticism about Nehru-Gandhi family than anyone else. So I don't which brainwashing you are talking about. If it was designed to be as such, then they are doing a very bad job at brainwashing.

Bachchu Yadav likes this.
  4. Bachchu Yadav

Bachchu Yadav Regular Member

Are you in their camp ? Other freedom fighter were part of history but Gandhi'ji' and Nehru made the History.

5. sehwag1830

sehwag1830 Tihar Jail Banned

Are you typing from 10-Janpath road ?Gandhiji and Nehru made history.

parijataka likes this.
  6. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

well with time some changes take place .

7. Bachchu Yadav

Man You don't know what is brainwashing , Go and read Pakistani school book . Then you'll get Idea what is brainwashing.

8. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

Well i never read that 9th and 10th ( yeah not even in boards ... :heh:) Grade NCERT History Book .... but this brainwashing thing actually makes no sense :dude:

9. Liberty_and_Freedom

Liberty_and_Freedom Regular Member

"HIS" (or "HER") Story is what history actually is. One should have access to all viewpoints and all 'stories', no exceptions.

10. Bachchu Yadav

I don't agree that a school boy should be exposed to all viewpoints. Only college graduate should be exposed to all viewpoints. Let kids to grow to become mature enough to decide which viewpoint is right and which is not so right.

11. Yatharth Singh

Yatharth Singh Regular Member

Hahaha lol. That richie rich J.L was a greedy a**. Didnt have even a pinch of respect for him. And dont want to speak upon Gandhi. Thousands of people died all over in my country and the credit goes to that old sc**. WTF. I respect my sweeper more than them.

balai_c likes this.
  12. Liberty_and_Freedom

You want the "school boy" to view "guarded" viewpoints and build his opinion "slowly" over a period of 10-12 years, and then expose him to the other viewpoints and internalise it "double-time" over the next 3-4 college years ?

Which viewpoints to expose them to ? Who chooses that ?
    And what about the "school girl", or is she too petite and naive ?? :pound:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  13. Bachchu Yadav

Hold your horses ! when your kid ask you how child is born ... then would you give real answer and call them to see your bedroom at night ?

Do you know why Government put restriction not to see adult movie or horror movie for children ?

14. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Oh please? Which govt book gives you criticism of Nehru family?

15. balai_c

balai_c Regular Member

Actually , i basically had to unlearn everything i learnt as a boy in school during my teen years. I would say that I had to learn everything I value today from various sources, not necessarily history books.

I have to beg to differ. History means story from past. They tell tales of past. So, naturally, there are multiple viewpoints, and not necessarily "His or Her story". For example, what passes as history is political history, hence tales of battles, or strifes dominate discourses of today school syllabus. However, everything we study has its own history, for example mathematics and science has its own history, and the narratives are extremely politicized and charged, multiple viewpoints existing for every theory ever discovered. As usual it is largely euro centric with every new claim made to undergo extreme levels to scrutiny. We have many scholars, like professor c k raju and g g Joseph re stating many held positions in the academic world today. For example, how many people here have heard of the wootz steel?

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=wootz%20steel&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmet.iisc.ernet.in%2F~rangu%2Ftext.pdf&ei=Kap9T4G8NsOJrAf_oc3-DA&usg=AFQjCNFTzAaZscsr1I1r9pQd0EaDxfhBtw&cad=rja

For many centuries it was the finest steel known to man, with unsurpassed quality. Now if this is not read not history , we end up knowing a bunch of guys killing each other, for some elusive prize. That would be a tragedy. There is more to history than just some guys with power killing other.

parijataka likes this.
  16. Liberty_and_Freedom

By the way that counts as biology mate, or maybe I studied the wrong history books. :pound:
    Care to elaborate which history book has 'reproduction' as a chapter ???
    Oh no, I don't; please enlighten me, when I last checked the title of this topic, we were discussing history books and not adult rated or horror movies. Was this an 'attempt' at providing an analogy, if it was I don't know what to make of it.

17. Bachchu Yadav

Dear , My view is Kids are not mature enough to judge right and wrong themselves , So giving 'all' views would be dangerous. This is my view .

18. Liberty_and_Freedom

Lets cut the rhetoric and talk facts my friend, you still haven't answered some pertinent questions.
    Who does the judging of what is 'right' and what is 'wrong history' ?
    What is dangerous and what is not ?

Is there a universal scale for measuring all this ???
    It will help greatly.

19. Liberty_and_Freedom

Exactly, which is why the junk that is being peddled as history must stop.

Not many, and no brownie points for guessing why not ? If similar things were made a part of the curriculum rather than eulogies penned by sycophants, we'd be better off.

HIS -STORY denotes the 'morphed' story as penned by the designated sycophant, who has been appointed as the silent propaganda arm of the powers that be. I hope I have cleared the air on that bit.
    Yes, enough of brown nosing, we'd be much better off, studying "actual history"

20. Liberty_and_Freedom

The idea of educating a child is to build all-round capabilities from a young age, if it weren't so, subjects/topics which almost all kids find daunting early on and some throughout their lives would be put off for later and they could take them up when they were mature enough, but that's not the case.

Lets take another example, when a kid learns to walk/stand falling down is part of the process, and doesn’t really bother anyone. Parents don't hold back till the kid is mature, do they ?

21. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

True, they never told the blunder made by Nehru and Gandhi..

They always ignore true heroes like Sardar Patel

parijataka and Mad Indian like this.