Are males treated in an unfair way in India today? If yes, why?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jus, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Article 15 of the Indian Constitution : Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of gender.

Related question: What are some cases/stories where women have misused Indian laws, which were actually made to protect them?

Funny Story
    Delhi HC about Live answer when a petition filed to exclude live-in male partners from live-in female partners accusing of rape.

"A man living in with a woman is not immune to charges of rape, the Delhi high court has ruled, saying such a relationship can’t be granted status of marriage."

This is the exact statement from Delhi HC judgement.

Couple living together will be presumed married, Supreme Court rules - The Times of India

SC gave a verdict a week ago, stating live-in couple is presumed married. This is the case where live-in women partner claiming live-in male partners property from his parents.

Same constitution, same IPC, same everything. How can there be two different verdicts completely biased towards woman? :)

So in India live-in, only man enjoys privileges of being screwed up for like lifetime? I guess one hand cant clap!!!!

PS: If a few women have issues with a few men, that does not give any right to any women to treat every other man in a wrong way.

A few people must understand the question. You don't have to write an unrelated answer mentioning the plight of women.

Its true that women have issues, those might be being dealt in other questions. Please contribute your answer under those questions.

3. jus

Sneha Girdhar 2.4k upvotes

Indeed they are.

Couple of years back, I met with an accident and was equally responsible for it as the guy whose bike collided with mine.

Both fell down on the road and everyone on the road rushed to help me out. I was made to sit down and my family was being informed of my plight whereas that guy himself stood up, picked up his bike and dragged it to the nearest mechanic.

While he was leaving, the police too came and asked me whether I want to file a case against him. On my refusal, some females in the crowd took it upon themselves to teach the over speeding guy a lesson.

Point is, he wasn't over speeding. If he had been, the accident could have been fatal.

Thankfully, my brother had reached by then and on realizing the reason behind the commotion, backed me up and the police and the self proclaimed moral police had to return.

I am grateful to the people who took care of me then, but I still feel a little guilty for that guy. It could have been my brother in his place. That bleeding guy deserved the help too.

So yeah, it's true. The Indian males are being treated unfairly. Sad but true.

4. jus

Anurag Bhattacharya, 2.1k upvotes

There was this incident which happened with me in the Kolkata metro. I got into the crowded metro at M.G.Road station. A young girl got on the train with her extremely sick and old grandfather. There was no space to sit nor stand, the train was really crowded. Plus, they got on the train from the wrong door, the middle doors leads to "Ladies " seats. He couldn't go to Senior citizens seat because of the crowd. So, at the next station, a lady went down from the ladies seat and the girl told her grandpa to sit there, on the "Ladies " seat. And then, some Dramebaaz group of aurat started hurling abuse at the old man, saying that how dare he sit at the seat reserved for ladies. All of them charged at him as if he had come there to rape them, that helpless old, sick man will rape them.

The girl pleaded, that after the crowd gets down at the Park Street station ( the downtown Kolkata where most of the offices are), he will shift to the senior citizens seat at the corner of the bogie. The shameless women said," No, he will get down at the next station and will re-enter from the "right door ". The helpless girl agreed. As the train was entering the next station, the women said " Shameless old man, get up quickly ". I got so angry, I said "Dadu, you will sit here only, let me see who puts you up from here ".

The women got a great shock, they charged at me " Shameless boy, how dare you ". I counter-charged them in a loud voice " Are you some stunning beauty like Bipasha Basu or Aishwarya Rai sitting over here, that every man who sees you will turn into a rapist and rape you?? " The ladies, I think, got 1100 volt current from me and started calling me ill-mannered, uncultured and what not.. " Is this what your parents teach you at home?". I said, " No, they taught me to protest against every wrong-doings". The women again started their bad-mouthing to me. Then, a woman who was silent throughout the whole scene, not belonging to the group told the gang of uncouth ladies " Do you people have any self-respect left inside you, that you are still sitting inside the train?? ". And what?? The uncouth group got down at the next station, when they saw everyone in the coach staring at them, without uttering a single word. And the old man completed his journey comfortably.
    This is what, sometimes happen in public places in this country due to some idiots.

5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

It is a way to save Indian culture. Man don't start a live-in relationship!

Blessing in disguise.

6. jus

Abhimanyu Chattopadhyay 3.7k upvotes

It all happens in Delhi metro
    A few months back I was stranded in a crowded metro coach , there was a girl standing beside me and one in front of me .
    When the metro coach turned around a curve , the girl on my right fell towards me and then regained her balance . An elder lady behind me whispered to her friend that I did that on purpose.

Same day 10 minutes later, the girl in front of me had her hair down and due to metro air conditioning systems they were blowing in my face causing me to feel a little uncomfortable. I asked her politely to tie her hair which she kindly obliged to do. The same elder lady got furious and in order to get my attention pulled me back in an inappropriate way and laid the accusation that I was staring at the girl's neck and fantacising her .

She said this in a loud voice and the whole coach looked towards me ; but fortunately the ' so called victim lady' in front of me clarified that there was no wrong taking place and I was not at fault.
    The conclusion drawn from this incident is that not all ladies are unfair to men ; likewise all men are not rapists.

Prateek Bagri, 6.3k upvotes

This happened to me a while ago. I was coming back from Gurgaon via metro and was completely sloshed. Saw an empty seat, checked out if it has any label that said "for women or senior citizens." No, there wasn't. I sat on it. I was already half dead, so for some solace, I closed my eyes when I felt someone stepping on my foot. I ignored it; Delhi metro is always jam packed in peak hours. Then I felt it again and again and again. I opened my eyes and saw 2 women staring right down at me with contempt in their eyes.
    I politely told them, I am not feeling well so I cannot offer you my seat which made co-passengers look at me with the same disgust.

She passed a comment looking at her friend, "I don't know how kids are brought up these days?" to which I replied, "At least I am not stomping on someone's foot purposely to take away his seat."
    She put a visage of anger on her face and got off at the next station.

As to why it happens, I'd say some lack the basic courtesy and to some this is a pleasure at their disposal.

Edit: Hindi version.
    Woman to her friend: Aaj kal k ladkon ko pata nahi kaise rakhte hain maa-baap.

Me: Kam se kam dusron k pairon par jaan boojh kar seat k liye chadhna to nahi sikhate.

SREEKAR likes this.
  7. jus

live-in is perfectly OK.BTW no one can save Indian culture by stopping live-in.That is not the issue,the issue is court bias towards women

@Rashna @Mad Indian @Rowdy @Ray and rest

Rowdy likes this.
  8. jus

Anonymous 7.2k upvotes

Just a few days back , I was travelling to Jaipur from Delhi in chair car train. I had booked the window seat. I found a girl sitting on my chair. So I just politely asked her to let me sit there. She said " Can you please sit on my seat , as I have my bag with me and it will be hard for me to shift". I was laughing inside as she only had a small bag with her. So I just said that "Okay, no problem! , if you want to sit at my place , you can , but your reason is lame."

That's where I made the mistake. She got angry , got up and asked me to sit there. When I tried to help her with her bag, she just screamed and asked me not to touch her bag. Everyone was staring at me.
    Deep down I was so angry that I wanted to shout back but I was literally scared as people in the train were looking at me as if I had committed a crime by asking her to let me sit on my seat.

So I let her take her bag and sat on my chair. I took out my laptop and started working. Then she wanted to charge her mobile and plug was near my seat. so she had to keep her mobile in front of my seat. So instead of just doing that herself or ask me to help her she again started shouting again and said to me " Do you have problem with that as well !!" I was like "what the hell, what did I do now ???"
    but I kept calm and did not respond and resumed my work. So she just put her mobile in front of my seat.

Just after 10-15 minutes , she again started shouting "Excuse me ??" multiple times. Initially I thought it was not for me.
    But then I realized it was for me .
    I said what happened to which she replied "Your leg is touching mine "?
    Trust me guys this time I had lost my cool because I was pretty sure she was just taking revenge but I don't know why I just couldn't do anything .

I realized that people will not believe me if I shout back at her and things go bad. People will surely beat the crap out of me if she played some sentimental card so I apologized to her. She seemed happy after hearing that and journey went smooth afterwards.

All I can say is that she just tried to exploit me by using public place to her advantage. It felt bad and I wonder how many times things like these have happened.

9. jus

Saad Anwer, 1.4k upvotes

Recently, I was in a post office and for some reason we had a long queue. People have been waiting for as long as 2 hrs for their chance. A lady walks in and created a new line. It took her about 5-10 mins to do the same work for which others have been waiting for hours. There were old people in the line aged around 60. Some people protested saying it's unfair. To which she replied "Tumhare log zyada aye to main kya karoon?" (Your people have turn up more is not my fault.)
    I was quiet upto that point and i interrupted her saying "We are equal, Aren't We?"
    The lady started ranting and abusing.
    It's not about the queue or wait, it's about accepting we are different whenever it's suits you. If you want to be treated equally stop playing victim's card everywhere.

Edit 1:
    Seems to me this is very common problem experienced by many of us. Here's a quote from Lincoln about equality.
    Euclid's first common notion is this: Things which are equal to the same things are equal to each other. That's a rule of mathematical reasoning and its true because it works - has done and always will do. In his book Euclid says this is self evident. You see there it is even in that 2000 year old book of mechanical law it is the self evident truth that things which are equal to the same things are equal to each other.

10. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Golden rule: Society is always with women. always. so men should be independent.

11. jus

Anonymous 8.6k upvotes

This happened during IPL 2015. Shibani Dandekar kissing Junior Dhawan. Cute isn't it? Genuine expression of affection. Right? Just imagine what would have happened if a guy had kissed a girl child on the lips.

Our media would have labelled the guy as a pedophile and the guy would lose the job and face humiliation. Arnab would have barked an entire night about the guy and about laws to safeguard the children. BBC and the western media would be running articles labeling all Indian men as 'Rapists'.
    [​IMG]

Prateek Arora1.7k upvotes

I remember an incident 13 years back when I had got a new pencil box

[​IMG]

Remember the game where we had to put small iron balls in certain places.
    I was very happy and played that all day long without listening what the teacher is saying and suddenly the next day after lunch, I cannot find my prized possession.
    I complained to my class teacher crying and then she behaves like a typical policewala and scolds up 4 or 5 boys infamous for there sly skills and tried hard to get them out of one of them .In the hind sight I believe class teachers would make better cops in India than the ones we have right now
    Anyways she wasn't able to find it.

Then one of the beaten up boys (he was my friend and still repent him being beaten up because of my pencil box), came to me in the next period and told me that a particular girl had it. She was also as notorious in stealing things as the boys are but never gets caught because she is a girl.

I lost one thing and found 3 things back, my pencil box, a memory which would be imprinted on my mind for the rest of my life and some wisdom.

12. jus

Ajay Kumar, 8.6k upvotes

My colleagues: What happened to the girl you met last weekend?
    Me: She was too short. I am 5' 10", she was 5, bit plumpy, total mismatch. So, it was a NO from my side.
    Colleagues: So mean! You are so materialistic! That's why you haven't found the love of your life, yet!

Fast forward few days.

(To a female colleague)
    My Colleagues: What happened to the guy, whose family approached yours?
    Her: Actually, my father spoke to a mutual relative and got to know that his family doesn't own a house in Bangalore.
    Me: So?
    Her: So, we had to reject him.
    Me: But, once you scolded me for being materialistic?
    Colleagues: Hey, she is just being practical. It's amatured decisionin fact!

Me:
    [​IMG]

SREEKAR and Sakal Gharelu Ustad like this.
  13. jus

Anonymous 676 upvotes

Yes, of course. World is unfair to men. Being a man if I say I broke up with my girlfriend, society(at least in India) sees me as a sex maniac who uses women like a tissue paper. If a woman says she broke up with a man, it's obvious that the man had a very bad character and she bravely escaped from his demonic clutches!

My ex girlfriend had a very typical character of blackmailing me. She always said she'll leave me whenever she is furious at me or wants to make me do something for her. One day I used the same card to see her reaction. Well I got the reaction from her brother and mother (both of them knew already about our relationship). They called me and asked for reasons. Also warned me never to play such kind of jokes!

After a few months when it was real time for marriage she agreed to marry a US settled doctor (NRI) saying she can't wait longer for me to get settled, financially. When I called her family their answer was similar to deepika padukone's motto, "her life, her choice".
    If I was the one who said that dialogue, I would've ended up in jail for cheating, breaching of trust or may be rape too. ( IPC 406/417).

So well at least in India condition of men is worse. But in Indian society, it's routine. We treat some people (a particular gender/cast/tribe) badly and later give them reservations and privileges to treat the other set of people bad.

Arushi Choudhary4.4k upvotes

Just an observation

In shows like Roadies, a guy comes in and is asked what mistakes had he committed in times of anger? He replies he hit his girlfriend once when he caught her cheating. He is abused and thrown out as he 'does not respect women'.

In the same show, a girl walks in and says she hit her boyfriend for a random reason. Thoroughly applauded - Women power!!
    RIP respect for men!

SREEKAR likes this.
  14. jus

Virali Modi 2k upvotes

I went for physical therapy after a week today, I was sick, but that isn't the point. There was a ward boy that works at the physical therapy section. It was his birthday on Friday (1st May), and I asked the other workers there how he celebrated it. They all hung their heads and said that he was fired. I was shocked because he's a good human being, a positive person, and a really nice guy to be around. He has a family, one daughter, and his wife is expecting. He isn't educated, and doesn't know how to read, or speak in English. He's going through a horrible time right now.

I wasn't shocked that he was fired, but I was more shocked at the reason why. Supposedly, he touched a girl in an inappropriate place, in a room filled with doctors and patients. The girl didn't say a word, she kept quiet. When she went home, she started crying and told her family what happened. Her family sent men to thrash him at the hospital. Upon finding out what happened, they fired him immediately, without hearing his side of the story.

Do you know why I find this unbelievable? I would come in the morning to the therapy center where it would only be him and I in the room and he'd help me with my exercises. He never disrespected me or behaved rudely with me. How can he do that to a girl in a filled room?

Why didn't the girl say anything there and then? Why didn't she slap him right there if he touched her? Why didn't she say anything to the doctors and therapists? Why was she quiet?

I'm no one to say that she was lying and/or he didn't touch her, but my experience with him says otherwise. He doesn't have anywhere to go, no education to get a decent job, and after this, probably no one will hire him.

It's sad, extremely sad.

Himanshu Rai, 2.8k upvotes

Me in class 8th.

It was our history period, and our teacher had given us a lesson to learn failing which we were to be beaten with stick.

As usual he came in class with his stick in hand. He was about to start asking the given lesson, but as planned, some students get to his desk and started asking some doubt from previous lessons. He got busy in this, meanwhile a student got his stick and threw it from the window out of the class.

After this, when he was done telling doubt, he started to ask questions from homework. Soon he realized that his stick is missing and it was done by someone in the class.

Result: He got a new stick and ALL BOYS of the class were beaten by him for this act. On inquiring why he isn't beating girls as they too can be part of the plan, he says that Girls can't do this and it is act of boys in the class.

PS: I was the student asking doubts and in the plan girls were also involved.

15. Rashna

Rashna Senior Member Senior Member

Mr dudes,
    I have been travelling by all means of transport in a mega city of India and i have been a victim of dirty attitude of men since i was a 13 year old child. Men gawking and passing comments at women is the very least.... you can actually end up quite traumatised to be treated so badly. Now that i don't ever need to take public transport i never do..... thank god!
    while you guys live in the esoteric world of stories, we women have experienced the dirty side of life..... so kindly keep these sermons to yourself.

16. jus

Rohith Kodipally 4.4k upvotes
    Originally Answered: India: Why do men in India receive unfair treatment?

I can take a guess why, it is because:
    • We all know girls can't be criminal minded, they are just too innocent and cute to be the bad ones.
    • Female gender is the victim of all bad things happening in the country. For males, they are just not being man enough to face their problems.
    • Guy dumps a girlfriend? Cheater.. playboy.. opportunist.. etc.
    • Girl dumps a boyfriend? Independent.. wise.. family loving.. etc.
    • Guy stares at a girl? "Stop being a pervert man"
    • Girl stares at a guy? "Doesn't he look super handsome?"
    • Girl cries in a public transport? "Start beating the guy next to her"
    • Guy cries in a public transport? "Start laughing and calling him names"

I can go on but I know I am not being fair, but the point is, so are many other pseudo-feminists.

Praveen Kumar Rajendran 1.9k upvotes

Ladies Seat !

I have often faced this situation in MTC, Chennai. The Golden rules followed in MTC are

1. Men Should not sit in Ladies seat and If a men sit in the Ladies seat, Ladies will claim for that seat

2. Ladies will occupy men's seat, they will not care if a man stands near to them or even if its a old man who terribly needs a seat.

[​IMG]

Only in India, Equality of a religion or caste or a gender is achieved by bringing the other one down.

17. jus

@Rashna no one said perverts are not there in India like every where in the world.Here we are talking how some ROWDY girls taking advantage by simply women/gender card

Barath Gowder 3.3k upvotes
    • Pay a compliment- you're a pervert.
    • Pick up that girl child who is trying eat dirt- you're a pervert.
    • Be a gentleman and offer that auntie your seat- your'e a pervert.
    • An old woman falls on the street. Offer a hand- you're a pervert.
    • Breast cancer scenario in India. Point your lady friend to this site- you're a pervert.
    • Performance reviews? Why bother? Bad review- you're a misogynist who can't see women succeed. Good review- you're trying to get into her pants- pervert.
    • That girl's dress is a little undone in the behind and she's unaware. The gentleman inside you pulls her friend aside and tells her to tell her friend about it- you're a pervert.
    • You went out. It's too late. You offer to drop your lady colleague. Well, depending on the person- you're a misogynist because you don't think a lady can make it on her own or you're going to rape her once you get to her place or you're trying to get into her pants by being nice- pervert.

Accused of all the above and more.

Disclaimer: These are exceptions rather than the norm and should be considered as such.

I have shared a very few of my personal experience but I'm getting a lot of hate in the comments(from men, mainly). Maybe I have to clarify this a bit(if it isn't obvious). This answer isn't about all women in India but only about all the women who behave the way they did with me and countless other men- nothing less, nothing more.

Rebecca Burton,550 upvotes

Now this is coming from a girl:p

Once I was travelling by a local bus and then this conductor of the bus came up to me and asked for the bus fare;
    suddenly I realized that I was not carrying my purse and asked
    him if he could forgive me cause I would be unable to pay the fare.I was left dumbstruck when he said that it was okay and people do forget sometimes.

Next, he went to a guy for the same and the latter was running short of 5 bucks......
    Guess what happened this time??!
    The conductor started yelling at him and asked him to get down the bus immediately...

P.S. To all the guys out there, do carry enough money while u travel by bus or else u have to face consequences cited above.

18. Rashna

Rashna Senior Member Senior Member

Reason this is happening because women are totally pissed off with this crap. What i am posting below might sound like propaganda to you but its the truth and doesn't surprise me one bit. I as an Indian woman have seen all of this happening in real time. How many of you have had an incident happening to you? Stop crying, you guys are way better off than a woman in India, for whom protecting her body and her person from visual, verbal, and physical attacks is a fight every living day.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Indias-unsafe-infamy/articleshow/47363684.cms

LONDON: A 27-year-old British girl has caused a social-media uproar after revealing two instances of men publicly masturbating while staring at her, during her recent visits to India.

In what is bound to cause further damage to India's reputation as a country and how it treats its women, Lucy Hemmings has written of a recent incident in a Mumbai bus stop while travelling in India for three months.

"I was sitting at a bus stop in Mumbai when I noticed a man move closer to me. From the corner of my eye, to my horror, I realised that he had pulled out his penis and was masturbating, staring intently at me. I felt sick," she wrote.

Recalling a similar incident during her previous visit to India in 2012, Lucy who calls herself a die-hard India lover who spends a "ludicrous amount of time explaining to idiots who frequented the bar I was working in UK why this story of the Delhi bus gang rape is only one miniscule aspect of life in India" writes "The first time this happened to me was in 2012. I was 23 and it was my first trip to a developing country. Along the way, I'd met an Australian girl, Gemma, and we ended up spending three months travelling India together. At the time, we were wandering through Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram or the Beatles Ashram in Rishikesh when I spotted a man, hiding in the bushes watching us and wanking".

She added "My horror quickly turned to hysterical laughter; Gemma and I screamed profanities, laughed, pointed and threw rocks at him. Laughing empowered me, I felt we sent a very clear message that we weren't intimidated by him and that we thought he was pathetic".

Lucy who has now returned from India says she was now beginning to question whether the 'miniscule' aspect was in fact "far more serious and prevalent than I had recently observed through my rose-tinted glasses".

She adds "I felt like my love for India was constantly being tested. On a normal day, I am totally besotted with India; I'm so willing to talk of the endless reasons why India is without a doubt my favourite country to travel and I've recurrently made it my mission to convince others that they should travel there too".

Lucy however goes on to defend India generously in her blog.

The former Bournemouth University student says "For every man that has flashed me, there are countless others who have taken the time of day to make sure I'm on the right train, to help me find the guesthouse I've lost the address for, to let me borrow their phone and to offer me lunch when I look fed up".

"I realise the majority of this post shines a pretty dismal light on India. I promise it isn't all like this; and I do not want to put anyone off coming to this incredible country. There are so, so many more wonderful people and wonderful experiences than the wankers out there".

"Scarily, this wasn't just happening in India, in fact, in just one day, I had heard from over 45 girls who had experienced this in over 20 countries. I'd even heard from a handful of men who'd been flashed at or groped," Lucy added.

Lucy, ever since she wrote her blog on March 15 has been inundated with apologies from Indians. A 27-year-old man living in India said "On behalf of my fellow countrymen I would like to apologise for what happened". Another person wrote "A bunch of people, out of a billion population, make the whole of India ashamed".

She is however clear that people must not abandon plans to visit India for a handful of such incidents. She therefore has a few tips for those planning to travel through the country.

Don't travel alone at night, she says. "The majority of my own experiences with flashers have come from opportunist men on the sides of streets in poorly-lit roads". Use women-only facilities where possible, she adds. Filter your eye-contact and don't be afraid to speak up. She also advices not to be afraid to say no.

She writes in the blog "Parts of India's charm are the people who want to be your best friends - and as a result, will ask for your phone number or to be friends on Facebook. You don't need to give a reason; a polite but firm refusal is good enough".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Indias-unsafe-infamy/articleshow/47363684.cms

19. jus

Shewali Tiwari, 654 upvotes

Yes.
    I firmly believe so.

With the sudden uproar of feminism, women empowerment and the nuances of it, I feel India is heading towards a scenario where they basically want to kill all men and make it a nation, just for women.

I understand the kind of challenges women face while living in India, but it does not mean that you have to bash and put men to guilty when you fight for equality. For what it's worth, it should be having equal rights and not more.

• Why there are only reserved seats for women in metro and buses? Do men not have legs?
    • Special quota for women. ( Okay, to promote education, I get it) but aren't there boys who belong to destitute family and need support?
    • No alimony too? What if a woman is earning more than her husband and later in life they part ways. So, no bread for the man? Just because he's the husband, he is supposed to take care on his own?
    • The providers of comfort and security? Why?
    • Well, there are a few men who have been sexually abused too by elderly female family members, tuition teachers and other men of course.
    • And the few deprived one who are beaten up by their wives?
    • After a broken relationship, it is only the girl who is going through the heart-rending pain whereas for boys it is always perceived as something they do not feel or an emotion they do not endure.
    • Be the know it all or fix it all boy. Is it like the female engineers of the country studying any less?
    This is that time of the era where you'll be sorry for your son and your daughter too. They both have their own set of miseries to deal with. Ironically, the ones made by us.

Anonymous 257 upvotes

This one happened on Quora itself...You will not believe how the girls here have double standards.They will write open mindedness, be cool, sarcastic, knowledge seeker this and that on their status but when it comes to ground reality, they do have double standards. I'm some random guy working in MNC, from one of IIT's living in Germany. But all this was not stated on my biography, in fact nothing was stated there. I tried to talk to various(multiple) girls by messaging them on Quora itself. They just talked a little then they ignored me.Multiple messages, no reply. And believe me, it didn't happened with 1,2 or 3.I got curious that if all the girls are like this or only some of them are like this so I went a little further.The no of girls was increased to double digits greater than 40. Me and my friend did this experiment(as there were lot of girls)

And all of them were responded the same way. After some time, I put my college name in the status and then me and my friend got flooded with messages. Same pattern, almost all of them. Then my friend told them about himself and then he was getting message from almost every girl he responded to. So Really, Males are treated unfair in India due to the sick thinking of girls here....

20. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

Maybe as a rule we should start ignoring any such news coming out of Britain.

alphacentury likes this.
  21. jus

Neha Sharma,

I just read this account on The Logical Indian and I think this needs to be read by more people:

Last few months, every morning, a drive to college makes me follow a road; a left turn towards Delhi's, Golf Links: a road called, Arch Bishop Macorius Marg! A traffic policeman, strictly stands on duty there; as many people coming from Khan Market nearby don't follow the red light on that particular road. He stops an auto but the auto walla doesn't stop. The traffic policeman follows him on his bike and catches hold of him and gets him a challan. I am particular of that road, because he's always there from morning till afternoon.

Yesterday, I saw him in the news, throwing a brick on a woman driver, it's a shame on his being a policeman. He was to protect, but he was the culprit.
    The same evening, I hear that he is no longer a policeman, not even suspended; he got what he deserved, he lost his job. He's sent for 14 days in police custody(jail). The next morning, I read; he makes to the newspaper front page. All National Newspapers have a news on him.

Delhi CM, meets the woman with her family members. He tells her, that people who are corrupt should be punished, and he couldn't put an end to corruption himself, he needed everyone's cooperation. She's made a hero!
    The case!

A video taken by another driver captures the policeman throwing the brick on the lady. It also shows the women abusing the policeman, whereas he's not abusing her. It shows that she throws the brick at first on him, he does unfortunately the same. Yes, he's the culprit; but what about the lady? Is she so sincere enough to be made a hero? With her spewing expletives, with her not paying the challan or with her breaking the red light, with not having original papers which the policeman sought, by breaking traffic rules of more than two people on the two wheeler?

Now, an audio recording from the policeman's phone tells, that he didn't ask for unfair money, he kept on asking her for her paper's or the challan amount, whereas she used foul language at him.

Due to this incident the policeman was beaten by people who surrounded him and the woman. His 27 years of police service stamped with corruption, the police officer who had caught a serial snatcher gang back in 1990's.
    [​IMG]

This is the democracy! No one speaks for rationality. In this case if he's a policeman on duty doing such an offence of throwing a brick on her, and if for that he can be sent to jail; why can't the woman be also given lessons, other than making her a hero for breaking the rules and her behavior? Also, the policeman only asked for challan, he wasn't thirsty for any unfair means of money! His mistake and a big one, was of throwing the brick back at her.

-Gagandeep Singh Vaid
    This case is not some case of white vs black or right vs wrong. In fact as a woman, I would say that the police man was wrong in his part to throw the brick back at her and he should be charged for that. However shouldn't the woman be charged for:
    • breaking a traffic signal
    • triple-riding on a two-wheeler
    • riding without sufficient verification documents
    • lack of cooperation with police
    • physically assaulting an officer on duty
    • tarnishing the image of a public servant by false charges of bribery

However, this case has only resulted in setting a wrong example of women empowerment, although I cannot even see how it is women empowerment at all? So to answer the question, I would say:

"The biggest discrimination men face in India is being the default trouble-makers in the eyes of law."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.