Are Indians Ready for New National Political Party?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SADAKHUSH, Jul 12, 2011.

1. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

I have been living overseas for the last 32 years and recently I have been experiencing very strong thoughts about exploring the possibilities to establish new political party. This will be no nonsense action and result oriented in all the sectors of the society. It will be a proactive rather than reactive when it comes to defence of the nation internal and external. Internally self reliance in the defence sector and infrastructure development of the highest quality with the standards matching that of developed nation will be one of the long term goal.

Besides the above stated goals I am going to elaborate in my future posts as to what other priorities of the party will be.

If any body is intrested in giving the feedback please do so, it will be much appreciated.

3. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

What will be the economic platform? Free market, state-oriented, or mixed?

How about the social platform? Will it advocate liberal pluralism, or emphasize on lower-class upliftment, or perhaps focus on ethnic/cultural nationalism?

You cannot form a party just based on geopolitical and military-security goals because that stuff doesn't figure into the average Indian's life.

StarShip Enterprise likes this.
  4. sky

sky Regular Member

I thought the one thing India does not lack in is political parties. Why not just join one who share your views. Just a thought..

5. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

You wont get votes.

As much as the common man likes to shout at the politicians...when the time comes to vote they decide on the basis of religion, caste and free donation of sarees, alcohol etc. They don't have the knowledge about international policies, how the economy works etc...

6. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Thinking is an poor alternative to doing, if your interested in coming over and standing for elections as an Independent candidate is some area, you can try.

but if you want to start a National Party first criteria is that you need a ton of money and political pull? If you dont, just stay there.

7. Godless-Kafir

That is not true, this was shown in Tamil Nadu and also if that is true they should vote for BJP not Congress. These people vote for change and honestly but they are stuck with no alternative so they vote for congress.

8. Godless-Kafir

He also needs Elephants with Canons! What is this Nation Master? :D

9. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

You would have to work for a decade at least just to create a platform for your party. Then you are going to need charismatic candidates that can pull the masses and are not corrupt(would be hard to find),to be frank you being an NRI would also go against you (the opposition is cruel here).Your agendas need to resonate with the public too.
    I think you should try to form a regional party first and develop a manifesto and attract like minded individuals for your cause start by working for the people at the grass root level for a while as an NGO and try not to get killed in the process(no good deed goes unpunished here).
    Hey, if you can also buy a few hundred thousand votes if you are pretty loaded.

10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

32 years eh? What's your cash reserves?

11. The Messiah

south is different...parties take turns in ruling states and get cant elected to power back to back (dmk, aidmk). In north what i have said still holds true.

Without money and without the intent to play 'dirty' one has zero chance to win an election.

12. malluowl

malluowl Regular Member

In North India, Caste, Religion & Regionalism will come into play. If your policies are more in line towards Nationalism then the Congress and the other pseudo moderates will attack you, if you are a moderate the Hinduvta forces will throw a wrench in your plans. They will even go to the extend of going after your NRI status by propagating that you are a CIA or KGB spy.
    In the South, all these factors do come into the picture but with less viciousness.

Meanwhile, you need a good amount of money. Finances from corporate houses and the middle class are non-existent for honest politicians. You have to do their dirty work to get some out of their pockets. Middle class contribution is negligible or mostly by goondagiri.

And, do not forget about corrupt bureaucrats who will suddenly find use of all the antiquated laws in the Indian constitution with which they will make you rue the day you were born.

Take my word, India is such a shithole that even the worst sinner will not want to spend a day in. If Baghawan Srikrishna, Jesus Christ and Allah together come down to earth India will be last place they want to visit.

13. The Messiah

Well that's quite a harsh way to look at it.

14. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

The condescending attitude of some of the NRIs like you is quite annoying. India may not be a beautiful heaven filled with white people, like the place you live, but its still remains one of the most important countries of the 21st century and beyond.
    Also I would appreciate it if you mind your words when you talk about the place where a billion of us call home.

15. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I am ready for a few less.

Seriously, we should simply have 3 parties, centre, left and right. Period. Every contestant will have to contest on a ticket as either a (1) centre candidate, (2) left candidate, (3) right candidate or (4) independent, but must join any one of the previous three to be eligible for a seat in the parliament.

16. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

how will you place your political party in an environment where the voter votes on the bases of the sub-caste, caste, religion, tribe, region, of the candidate fighting the elections. development and its consequences are still inconsequential for the voter of this country, better still can you bribe your way through, can you buy votes of these people? do your sponsors have that kind of money, remember the opposition would be highly financed, if not bribe in cash, can you do it in kind? liquor has huge sales at the time of elections, may be that could be of help.

just in case your party was to win even a single seat, be that wherever, you will have to heavily compensate those businesses and sponsors who financed your campaign and it wont be you or the party calling the shots but your sponsors.

are you good at dramatics? because one day you might have to stage a rath yatra or the other day padh yatra, go on fast a few times, engage passion arousing spokespersons, if you could hire the services of people like digvijay singh then nothing like it, you yourself will have to be the biggest liar of all.

do you have a mix of all of the above?

if your answers are a yes to the above, take a plunge because there is no better a business than politics in india, our political elite across the board have their money staked in millions to billions so you too could join the exclusive group, and if for some reason or by any strange chance its a no, then forget it, you are barking on the wrong tree, its not your cup of tea, so be advised not to go ahead.

17. civfanatic

Its impossible to categorize the whole spectrum of viewpoints into just three categories.

18. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I agree. There are always pros and cons in every system. Personally, I'd like things to be simplified. Moreover, some of these parties are 'national' only on paper. The only credible 'national' parties are Congress and BJP and to a lesser extent CPI(M) and SP. The rest should simply merge with any one of the above as choice. It will not be a 'broad spectrum' but at least, too many cooks won't spoil the broth. That's just me.

19. civfanatic

I don't think the problem lies with the multiparty system itself; the problem lies with all these regional and caste-based parties. As long as they exist people will only vote for the party that matches who they are, and not based on any kind of ideological or development-based agenda.

Keep in mind that there are some crazy people like me whose ideology contains elements from both the right and left. We need specialized parties for people like that.

20. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Thank you for your input. I think it is a long road ahead for the project. It will have to be well thought in order it to be executed with successfull ending. I am keeping my options open. I will listen to all the opinions and than decide the course of action to be taken. At least I got people talking about a concept whose time has come. I have been watching the scandals unfolding in front of our eyes and it disappoints me a lot that we keep going from bad to worse when it comes to corruption. The justice should be swift and fair rather than years of time wasted where as it should take only months. The list of reforms required is rather long.

Please accept my thanks in advance for your feedback. Let us all together do the brainstorming and hope fully we will succeed in our efforts.

21. Godless-Kafir

Is that why they voted for Congress all these years? Also voteing for Mayawathi and Communist party? The average Hindu is so full of Hindutuva his favorite movie starts are Muslims! Great..What an silly understanding of India.