Are Indian Muslims the only smart ones left?

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by JayATL, Oct 7, 2011.

1. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

Okay this topic I'm pulling out from my gut feeling and is a bit absurd perhaps. But my hypothesis is that through history the Mughals attacked and the settled in India. The brains among that community leaving their country of origin mostly and being a fabric of India. Now this is not an absolute statement- but when I look at Pakistan and Middle East mostly- where are the innovators (others than odds and ends) compared to India? -- gone are the greatest civilizations of science and commerce from those areas. If it was not for OIL then the middle east and most 99.99% of the islamic countries would be Rawanda. Did India benefit from the " brainer" class coming to India?

This is NOT about opening your markets - Look at Pakistan- they actually emulated the American system with open markets way before India, they even call their politicians senators (am I right about that) - were heavily influenced by America. Yet there isn’t any innovators there (again not the odd and end cases). I feel looking at India and its Muslims they seem to have way more innovators, business minded folks and just smarter of any Muslim population anywhere.

Question: You think it had to do with India in an absurd way getting the advantage of the brain drain from way back in that era. That the smart Muslims stayed back instead of going to Pakistan too?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  3. heartrocker22

heartrocker22 Regular Member

Its all the condition and grooming of the mind that matters......
    we never forced any religious belief on anyone and tried to hinder anyone personal as well as spiritual growth .
    Reason indian muslim are ahead coz of their education standard (not madrassa) and a oppurutnity to fullfill thier dreams and be part of something constructive and not destructive like our neighbour.....
    Main coz for all problem for muslim are mullahs and their hate mongering in name of islam and allah

parijataka, uvbar, lcatejas and 2 others like this.
  4. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Vast majority of Subcontinental Muslims are converts, the aristocrats and the Muslim Elite went to Pakistan mostly

uvbar and Sikh_warrior like this.
  5. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

This topic is ridiculous and absurd. No offence mate. What do you want to ask ??

Are Indian Muslims the only smart ones left?

Answer is NO

Do you know about Persian, Turks ??

Are you comparing Muslims of India with Muslims of other countries ? If Yes, Then Indian Muslims are doing far better than our neighbours Pakistan/Bangladesh but not par with Turkey or Iran or 10 more countries.

Are you comparing Muslims of India with other religion ?? Hope, Not. If Yes, Then you can ask question and reply to yourself. Because there is no Answer. Indian history starts from Birth of Lord Krishna around 7,000 years ago, continues till phase of various vedas/santan dharm/Indus to Dravidian civilisation, passes the phase of Mughals to British, divided by religious people of current Pakistan/BD and stands firm as one of the important country in 2011. There has been 10,000 of innovation, Few innovation goes to Muslims also after 15th century. Anything else need to say ? I don't think. Today, All are equal be A.Kalam or Sasawat. Isn't it ?

Most of the rich/wealthy/educated Muslims went to Pakistan in 1947. India was left by Hindus and other Indian religion along with 9% Muslims mostly poor and not so educated. But slowly gradually, We improved ourself. Today, Pakistan is in very bad phase due to religious ideology and we are doing far better due to economical reform, social welfare, international relation and ofcourse secularism. So, When India is doing better, then everyone is doing well and that includes Muslims and Pakistan=Muslims are in bad phase. By the way, 90% Indian subcontinent Muslims ancestors were Hindus which suggests many more things. Like Persian innovation goes to Persian.

Your all questions are wrong at first place. I am still not sure, what you want to ask ?

brainer class coming to India ????? What do you mean by that ??

SPIEZ likes this.
  6. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

What makes you think it is no?

Persians were intelligent long before they became Muslims and maximum of their inventions happened when they were Zoroastrians long before organized religion conquered them. Turks only plundered and looted all others' inventions and added their own tag until Mustafa Kemal of modern Turkey eliminated organized religion, quashed mullaism and allowed science and innovation to enter the Turkish minds and enhance their broad thinking towards science.

There was nothing that Turks invented before Ataturk of any significance on their own. By Islamic definition, Turks are not even considered Muslim anymore due to their modern practises.

What does Iran have that you're glorifying it so much? Iran is on a path that is taken their mindset to 2 centuries behind rather than coming up. With their mullas iron-fist hold on the country, most people don't even consider htemselves Muslim and become Parsi or Atheist the moment they escape Iran. Iranians are historically smart and have been successful long before they were Islamized.

That wasn't the idea. I think the comparison was between Indian Muslims and the rest of the Muslims from world around. And looking at the current scenario, I am sure that that answer is a distinct yes to the question posed in this topic.

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Not all Muslim aristocrats or landlords left for Pakistan.

Half their families stayed behind to protect their interests and half left for Pakistan because of religion.

The majority of the Indian muslim middle class and the professionals left for Pakistan. That is why the Mohajirs took over Pakistan and lorded around the illiterate 'sons of the soil' masses of Pakistan and even the unlettered feudals. The only area where the 'sons of the soil' Pakistanis held the sway was that they were in the Military. That is the genesis of the perpetual roller coaster ride Pakistan has in governance, where the military and the politicians vie with each other for power!!

That apart, Indian muslims are smart as carrots!

TrueSpirit likes this.
  8. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

The topic was not clear.

As I said, Indian Muslims are doing better than our neighbour countries Pak,BD, etc.

I know about Iran and Turkey. But they are Muslim as of now. They were known for Persian culture and Zoroastrian. It was highly rich culture, But Islam was forced later one. Even, Islam came in same way in South-Asia. I don't think that makes any difference now. Today, Iran and Turkey are in high Middle-class category due to high per capita income (due to Oil mainly). Even 2/3rd of Muslim countries like Oman, UAE, KSA, are rich (may not be doing very well as per innovation). Comparison is very difficult. Yes, we can do among south Asian Muslims and India's are doing far better.

9. MAYURA

MAYURA New Member

that is pure nonsense as the iranians were most sterile in pre islamic era.

tell me a single book on scientific topic in pre islamic iran.

10. afako

afako Regular Member

Indian Muslims should follow Allah first and not haram kuffar emtity like Secular Republic of India.

11. MAYURA

MAYURA New Member

It is in their interest to do so.

I am not among those fools who think muslims are very brave and resist all kafirs etc., if you remain firm, they will comply as shown by chinese muslims.

12. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

Kahan ka smart yaar? From childhood what I am seeing around me (sometimes in my family) are idiots only (of course I am not talking about people like Dr Kalaam or M J Akbar). It's a community stuck in between modern world and middle age- still confused which one to accept. Hardly there is any effort to do something in life and again ready to blame others like gvt for not doing for their upliftment.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  13. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

If Islamists Provoked The RSS will Retaliate..That's why Indian Muslims In Silent mode

14. SinghSher1984

SinghSher1984 Tihar Jail Banned

gone are the greatest civilizations of science and commerce from those areas

R u serious?

Islam caused the dark ages in europe, the middle east, and north africa by the relentless piracy that stopped 80% of med. trade.

How many libraries were burnt, etc.

That whole Arabic science is non-sense, what they didn't want to copy they burnt.

Each of those Turkic 'scientific' rulers had pedophilic crushes on little boys, and indeed Babbar dedicated many chapters to his crush on a young man.

Now, before I sound anti-Islamic I'm just laughing.

--
    There's a lot more oppurtunity in India, and more room for risk as any theocracy limits critical thought.

It's that simple, there was no 1000 years of muslim rule (Idk why our textbooks insist upon that, and AIT) it was just a lot of raiding, being defeated and retreating.

Most of that 'science' was just not killing the artisans but instead hiring them. Do you really think that some Steppe Turks or Desert Arabs had the knowledge to build the Taj?

VJKVJF||

parijataka likes this.
  15. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

^^^
    what is VJKVJF... ???