‘Rahul could have got PM’s job mid-term’

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Notwithstanding the legendary sycophancy that trademarks the Congress, there is no doubt that a change harbingers hope.

Rahul Gandhi's crisscrossing the Nation during the election time is indeed an indication of great energy, but then his speeches are too trite, mundane and absolutely plebeian and he has not indicated ore revealed any Vision for the future of the country.

His personality is more of an energetic schoolboy and there seems to be nothing to write home about.

Will he be able to salvage the morass the country has sunk herself into, should Rahul Gandhi become the PM?

Or should a person like Sachin Pilot take over, if indeed an injection of youth is the aim?

Nagraj likes this.
  3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Is youth and being the son/daughter of senior Congress politicians the only criterion or ability also is required ?

maomao likes this.
  4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Dynastic politics is the bane of all political parties except BJP, Left, TMC (so far), AIDMK and a few others. It is not merely that of the Congress.

However, in the Congress, the only chap I find who is balanced and articulate is Sachin Gujjar (his father changed it to Pilot).

If he takes up the mantle, I think Congress will go places rather than lacklustre Rahil Gandhi holding up the Congress flame!

Nagraj, parijataka and maomao like this.
  5. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

6. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

please someone tell me what i need to know - that is, - the specific names of people who are way way way more intelligent than this RV poor chap (nothing personal ) - i am absolutely confident in the nation of more than a billion people - the nation that produced people like tagore, and SC Bose to name just two - to be able to offer leadership - i mean real leadership after 60 yrs of independence

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Plenty of talent available for PM post, even within Congress party but unfortunately due to the sycophantic/dynastic nature of Congress party Sonia/Rahul/Priyanka get a free pass.