AQ Khan: India’s missile prog was developed by Russia, Dr Kalam was an ordinary scientist

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by saty, Nov 6, 2015.

1. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Islamabad: At a time when the whole country is mourning the sudden demise of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Abdul Qadeer Khan, the ‘disgraced’ Pakistani nuclear scientist, has described Dr Kalam as just an `ordinary` scientist.

“India’s missile programme was developed with the help of Russia and Dr Kalam didn’t make a big difference in developing the missiles,” Khan, the father of Pakistan's nuclear program, said in an interview to the BBC.

Khan also said that he couldn’t recall any major contribution made by Dr Kalam in the fields of satellite technology, missile technology or astro-physics.

The Pakistani atomic black marketeer also declared Kalam's appointment as President of India in 2002 as ‘undeserving’.

He claimed that the Bharatiya Janata Party had appointed Kalam as the President of India, who is also the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces, in 2002 only because he was a Muslim and the party wanted to lure Muslim voters.

Notably, during the second Pokhran test, the Defence Research and Development Organisation, then headed by Kalam, had an important role to play.

Kalam, who died on Monday evening while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management-Shillong, is remebered as an eminent scientist.

The contribution of 'missile man' APJ Abdul Kalam to the country's atomic and space programme is known worldwide.

Kalam was project director of India's first indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle, which successfully injected the Rohini satellite in the near Earth orbit in July 1980 and made India a member of the exclusive Space Club.

In his two-decade stint in the space agency, he was responsible for the evolution of ISRO's launch vehicle programme, particularly the PSLV configuration.

He planned the programme that produced a number of successful missiles, earning him the "Missile Man" nickname.

He was responsible for the development and operationalisation of Agni and Prithvi missiles.

He played a prominent role in the country's 1998 nuclear weapons tests, Pokhran-II, which established Kalam as a national hero.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...nary-scientist-pakistans-aq-khan_1638174.html

AQ Khan is a thief no one is denying it but what if Dr Kalam also a thief (or it is a open secret India's missile prog.&nukes Un/Officially supported by Russia) and put Dr Kalam name on it. :rofl:

A chauhan likes this.
  3. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

4. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

Classic old intro on AQ Khan (Photochor)

Mad Indian likes this.
  5. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

His legacy will be known for history that he was put under house arrest for some reason by his own people ... even being the first and only Islamic nuclear weapon area.

He makes fun of Kalam but that chap legacy will be far differently spoken and rightly because of interactions and openness and verifications by others.

6. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Already mentioned AQ Khan was a known thief what about Dr Kalam

Is he really a great scientist?

Is he really developed Nukes for India?

Is he really developed Indian missiles on his own without Russia help?

Read his books in school days for me he is more Sadhu than a scientist.

7. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

The difference between good and ordinary scientist is that the good one inspires others.

Pakistanis and their painted missiles from China/N.Korea !!

maomao likes this.
  8. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

A. Q. Khan was secretly monitoring all missile research activities carried out by Kalam sir, from his "hidden house", where he is restricted to visit places, to where even the americans can't question him.

9. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

This link should have been in "idiotic musings" thread.

A chauhan likes this.
  10. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

Does his comment even needs attention? NO!!!

11. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

He is speaking out of jealousy that he will not have a state funeral in case he dies!!!

Kalam never claimed the success to himself. Calling Kalam as our missile man or nuke man is just like calling the victory over Pakistan in 1971 as Manekshaw's victory over Pakistan. Kalam like Manekshaw's had a vision and converted that vision into action plan and led a team that had people with different skills and personalities to success. And his appeal to the youth and his humbleness that every other ordinary Indian can relate to, his dreams for the transformation of Indians lives...That's where Kalam's legacy is.

Some goat can try to stand up to a tiger by painting the tiger as a goat!

12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

:dude::dude::dude::dude: :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Jis din ye :brahmos:Pak me gus jayegi na tab pata chalega ki who's ordinary. :troll::lawl::truestory:

A chauhan and raja696 like this.
  13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

He did not develop nukes. Actually he was far-far away from that.

But he was on the missile program for too long and served as a head of the program as well. Modern missiles are complex tech. and no one person can build them. It was a joint effort and Kalam played his part well.

A scientist can be a sadhu!

A chauhan, I_PLAY_BAD, VIP and 3 others like this.
  14. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

Both Russian and American missile programs have their origins in Germany. A pointless article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

No offence guys !!!!

I suggest to the people who haven't read "wings of fire" , please do so first.

From a project management background I would say dr. Kalam was a brilliant project manager ,extremely hard working and a dedicated person . But he was no genius.

In Fact after reading "wings of fire", I came to the conclusion that "hard work" can be a substitute to "genius". I have been following this mantra for over a decade and results have been fruitful as far as I am concerned.

Young chaps who do not know what proper "project management" is, appreciated if you can refrain from replying to my post. Especially if you don't agree with my conclusion.

Dovahkiin and raja696 like this.
  16. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

Mods I believe this stupid thread is worth shutting down! Our friend here has just one motive that is to earn some brownie points by putting some bullshit over here. @pmaitra

17. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

Sagarika Ghose on Dr. Kalam.

[​IMG]

As usual, Indian liberals often echo the similar type of things that Pakis say. Like filth attracting flies, Pakistan holds a voodoo like irresistible attraction for our secular liberals. Then they wonder why we question their loyalty.

18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Now you don't believe anything in the text books! Extremes are bad my friend.

If India had depended on Russia, Indian missiles would have never seen the light. It was pressure on Russia post USSR breakdown and denial of all vital military technology that India started doing its thing. Remember, cryogenic engine, Russia first agreed and then under pressure never delivered it to India. India did not get any ToT from Russia and it forced India to develop on its own. I am sure if today everyone denies to give fighter jets to India, it will probably build one pretty soon.

Coming back to Kalam, he was from a small down and rose in the ranks. Probably his last few promotions might have been based on his good Muslim image but he would have needed a lot of luck and hard work to rise through the ranks and get noticed. If he were son of some big shot, I would have understood your diatribe but in his case it is too much over-fetched.

Btw, what is a top scientist supposed to do? Not everyone discovers relativity theory!!

I_PLAY_BAD and nirranj like this.
  19. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

The topic has been already discussed, may be we can merge it ? Thanks

20. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Like I said there was openness and interactions and verifications by others. AQ khan probably had the same but you see the much different treatment and.acknowledgement.

I believe this AQ Khan chap is trying to say look at the Indians and hindus they treat a patriotic (Muslim) individual with such warmth and love and accomdation. And we even made him senior scientist and part of important mile stones in our missile and nuke time lines and even the president and he played a significant constitutional role (in 2004 elections and beyond). A message to pakis look and ask why AQ.khan being treated like pig. Pig are dirty and not to be touched.

Also a sense that AQ khan feels he is the greatest Muslim scientist and deserves respect. His sacrifice of stealing blueprints and not being put in jail in Europe is noteworthy and part of Islamic theology. How often USA overlooked and allowed such is irrelevant. What PRC did is nonsense. North Korea are dirty.

he feels it is a one man know it all show and no one but him is worthy. Like India nuke and missile programme in his mind. Which is nonsense. Also its not simple. In the end have to learn and test on our own. In the end Pakistan did not do everything - anything on its own and cannot do that in futures.

In India it was not only Kalam. We got many more of them in our pockets. And many out of humility and patriotism don't need any spotlight. And the right people know and respect them. Kalam was highlighted and because of his background and humble upbringings was a role model that was developed rightly. Was their political reasoning that made him more known perhaps but he was not labelled the best and he never said he was the only one who did everything. You are a learned person and read and am sure you have come.across.the many time he acknowledges his inspirations and role models and people who he admires (scientists and others). What he did and did not do there is enough people at the right level to have judged him.

This AQ khan has been labelled a criminal by his own people and put under house arrest and what he says is suppose to be of worth. Prejudical perhaps but its the truth. Like musharraf his legacy will be known for what his own people did to him. And how they evaded much more.embarrassment due to Pakistan system failure.

According to some.reports AQ. Khan has instructed his family to "reveal" details if any harm is done to him in Pakistan (by pakis). What do I say but ... LOL . what are those revelations.

Its is the Army of Pakistan that claims all.credit and it cannot be people.like him. They put him under house arrest and blacken Pakistan name along the way also.

Is he saying he deserves to.be President of Pakistan (like a Zardari). This guy needs to read more about imran Khan page three news. That's the intelligence quotient that is available in Pakistan and frankly he is generating from what he says now in Pakistan.

21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Why this smear campaign against Dr. Kalam now? Dr. Kalam is no more to defend himself. Does AQ Khan covet the Pakistani Presidency? Does he envy Dr. Kalam's life and career?

@saty, Mahatma Gandhi is the father of the nation. Learn to spell his name. Moreover, either keep your vocabulary clean, or keep out.

@nirranj, so far it appears to be ok. If I see too much filth, it will be closed.

Srinivas_K and nirranj like this.