Apple to become world's first $1 trillion company

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Apple products are for rich people who want to splurge money just for the sake of it even if it gives them less features othan other competant products. No wonder this exchange makes the Apple a trillion dollar company :D
Let me give you my personal experience with Apple products. Before I bought my first computer, I did consult some of my customers who were using both O.S. (Mac and WIndow) based computers and their advise was to stay away from window based to avoid the headache's at a later date. Beside them reviews in consumer magazine helped me in making a right investment in my Powerbook 145B in 1993. It is still working and it proves that Apple computer products are most reliable and worth every cent of investment. Even the printer is working to this day.

My second and the latest is IMac and very much satisfied with its performance. On the other side if one looks at Window based hardware we get bombarded with viruses day in day out and Mac is protected with built in firewall.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Let me give you my personal experience with Apple products. Before I bought my first computer, I did consult some of my customers who were using both O.S. (Mac and WIndow) based computers and their advise was to stay away from window based to avoid the headache's at a later date. Beside them reviews in consumer magazine helped me in making a right investment in my Powerbook 145B in 1993. It is still working and it proves that Apple computer products are most reliable and worth every cent of investment. Even the printer is working to this day.

My second and the latest is IMac and very much satisfied with its performance. On the other side if one looks at Window based hardware we get bombarded with viruses day in day out and Mac is protected with built in firewall.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ac-computers-infected-malware.html#post465398

Top 10 Awesome Android Features that the iPhone Doesn't Have

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
How come this is true how did they beat those oil companies which are the top profit makers ?

also i thought wall-mart as an industry is much bigger than Apple some thing is wrong or i am wrong some where Apple can never come near top oil companies like BP

p2prada

How disappointing. An overrated company selling overpriced stuff to overzealous Apple fans. A perfect example of chaos.

Son of Govinda

They deserve it. My iphone 4S is the coolest and most useful thing I have ever owned.

I tried all the new Android phones and they are always just great for a couple features, but terrible for others. The phones are bulky and they look cheap and plasticky. My 4S is sleek and sexy, and actually looks like a phone you'd want to be seen with. It fits nicely in my pockets, and i've never had used a case or screen protector with it.

I'm just waiting on the new line of Macbook Pros with Ivy Bridge processors :fyeah:

Son of Govinda

Yes along with A4, all manufactured by Samsung in Austin :sad:

Apple is one of the largest customer of Samsung in supplying semiconductor components.
And? Apple has always been about design and elegance, if they wanted to start their own plants and manufacturing centres they could do it in a heart beat, and have their production monopolize the entire industry... but that wasn't Jobs' vision for Apple.

Jobs philosophy was to keep Apple out of all that nonsense because it leads to dependence on other companies. Apple doesn't need Samsung at all it can manufacture everything from the ground up if it needs to, unlike Samsung which depends on Apple as it's biggest single customer.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Apple vs. Android, it's like choosing between BMW and Hyundai...

niharjhatn

Even windows has a built in firewall, and numerous excellent free firewalls (such as Comodo Internet Security - anyone needing some security, this is one of the best firewalls around, I really recommend this!) are available.

It is a pretty big misnomer when just one month ago a nasty virus was running around affecting people with old JAVA installations in OS X land.

IMO the best thing about apple is that hardware is married to software, so you don't have to screw around trying to get stuff to work, and also the great compatibility across different apple products - but then you pay for this with $$$

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
And? Apple has always been about design and elegance, if they wanted to start their own plants and manufacturing centres they could do it in a heart beat, and have their production monopolize the entire industry... but that wasn't Jobs' vision for Apple.

Jobs philosophy was to keep Apple out of all that nonsense because it leads to dependence on other companies. Apple doesn't need Samsung at all it can manufacture everything from the ground up if it needs to, unlike Samsung which depends on Apple as it's biggest single customer.
So you are telling me that Apple does not depend on manufacturers & its just holding back its awesomeness ?

Wait till Apple starts using Samsung's AMOLED technology displays.

iPhone 5 to Feature an OLED Display

And please don't tell me about Job's philosophy.

Last edited:

Son of Govinda

So you are telling me that Apple does not depend on manufacturers & its just holding back its awesomeness ?

Wait till Apple starts using Samsung's AMOLED technology displays.

iPhone 5 to Feature an OLED Display

And please don't tell me about Job's philosophy.

Yep that's exactly what I'm telling you. Of course plants don't just pop out of thin air, but Apple can definitely transition to complete independence if it needs to. The only reason Apple buys from Samsung at all is because it can get the parts manufactured at a lower cost than if Apple chose to manufacture those components themselves. So yeah prices would go up for Apple consumers, but Apple would still be alive and well. As you can tell Apple products are recession proof, and demand is constantly growing.

That article is complete nonsense conjecture along with every other site that tries to make claims about future Apple products. Once a confirmed prototype leaks, get back to me.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yep that's exactly what I'm telling you. Of course plants don't just pop out of thin air, but Apple can definitely transition to complete independence if it needs to. The only reason Apple buys from Samsung at all is because it can get the parts manufactured at a lower cost than if Apple chose to manufacture those components themselves. So yeah prices would go up for Apple consumers, but Apple would still be alive and well. As you can tell Apple products are recession proof, and demand is constantly growing.

That article is complete nonsense conjecture along with every other site that tries to make claims about future Apple products. Once a confirmed prototype leaks, get back to me.
Apple products are not recession proof. Wealthy people are recession-proof so they afford to buy this expensive iPhone shyt with half of the features Android can offer.

Son of Govinda

Apple products are not recession proof. Wealthy people are recession-proof so they afford to buy this expensive iPhone shyt with half of the features Android can offer.
iPhones are only expensive in India because carriers won't subsidize the cost with a contract. iPhones are selling tremendously well in every other market but India for this very reason.

Here in Canada a 16GB 4S is only $159 on a 3-year contract which is very cheap.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
iPhones are only expensive in India because carriers won't subsidize the cost with a contract. iPhones are selling tremendously well in every other market but India for this very reason.

Here in Canada a 16GB 4S is only $159 on a 3-year contract which is very cheap.
Contract thing is because of TRAI policy leading to Indians enjoy one of the cheapest call rates in the world.

Still even in India, iPhones can not provide features that Android has and still iphones are expensive :facepalm:

Son of Govinda

Contract thing is because of TRAI policy leading to Indians enjoy one of the cheapest call rates in the world.

Still even in India, iPhones can not provide features that Android has and still iphones are expensive :facepalm:
Would you mind being more specific? I tried out every Android phone, and they all had the same features as the iPhone. The only difference was the app store/marketplace.

If you're talking about customizability, well you can jailbreak your iPhone and do all of that to. Jailbreaking takes like 2 minutes, easy stuff.

p2prada

Android and iOS are very similar in the applications it can run. It is just that the iOS is expensive for everybody to buy while Android has so much to offer because it is free.

Currently it is all fine, but once Android phones get more powerful the kind of applications Android will run will be mind boggling.

I have heard Ice cream Sandwich has the best user interface there is.

Son of Govinda

Android and iOS are very similar in the applications it can run. It is just that the iOS is expensive for everybody to buy while Android has so much to offer because it is free.

Currently it is all fine, but once Android phones get more powerful the kind of applications Android will run will be mind boggling.

I have heard Ice cream Sandwich has the best user interface there is.
Hmm I guess we'll just have to wait and see what future Android phones are capable of.

As of this moment I'd still take my 4S over any Android hands down though. The only cool thing I know an Android phone can do that an iPhone can't is facial recognition on the Galaxy Nexus, but it's really glitchy and most people see it as a joke because it can't tell the difference between a person and a picture.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Last edited:

ajay_ijn

Country flag
Experience on iPhone & Android won't be similar and probably will never be. They have different philosophy altogether, taken different routes altogether. iPhones concentrates on elegance, substance, quality, looks, while Android concentrates on freedom to modify, open source, extensive customizations, lots of options to choose.

iPhone is only one phone one model at anytime, one OS, one hardware, one experience. Android is exactly opposite of that. The lots of different hardware, companies, user interfaces, custom ROMs.

As far as our market is concerned, It looks like Android is made for India and such mass markets where price conscious customers will choose the large range presented by Android over the quality. substance, elegance of Apple. With compromised quality/hardware, Android experience might suffer a bit. But thats something Indian Consumer won't mind at all.

AFAIK The Holy Grail for Android is to become a mass-market device replicating the likes of what Nokia 1100 did to Indian Market.

Last edited:

Son of Govinda

I did post this link before.

Top 10 Awesome Android Features that the iPhone Doesn't Have

Are you in US? Does iPhone 4S support 4G there?
That article is from may 2011 which is before iOs 5 and the 4S were released. Now Apple has Siri which is far superior to Google voice, and a jailbroken iPhone can still do all of those things except 2,3, and 6 which are really non-essential to me.

True 4G(LTE) is virtually non-existent in Canada and many parts of the US which is why Apple didn't put LTE on the 4S. The 4S definitely supports 4G as most people understand it, but it's not real 4G it's just a better version of 3G, and apple that's why Apple still calls it 3G unlike those sneaky android phone makers.

iPhone 5 will definitely have LTE though, just like the new iPad.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles