Apple, Android or BlackBerry - The Big Question

SPIEZ

Country flag
Which one would be better Apple, Android or Blackberry?

As an Apple user, I would always go in for another apple.
Advantages of Apple
Great Touch Screen experience
Apple iOS upgradable in most devices
Device will not go out of value soon
Incredible processor
Good Speed
Supports multiple Apps -> Probably the best among st the 3.
Disadvantages
Cost
Less Free Apps
Some little ui issues ( like compatible videos cannot be uploaded)

Android
Advantages
Have to say a good OS
Cheap
tons of free apps
Disadvantages
No good H/W platform
Devices get outdated very soon ( for eg : Galaxy S1, S 2)
S/w not upgradable in most versions
Slow speed in most devices( some devices offer good speed like HTC)
Average processor

BBM

Minimal experience except for BBM and mail I was not able to spot a good enough thing
User experiences are welcome

Blackwater

Blackberry and I phone for me not happy with andriod

SPIEZ

Country flag
^6 I mad ethe mistake for opting for an Ipod Touch. Without GPRS, on the go, the device ain't always handy. Better to go in for an Iphone rather then Ipod touch or IPad

Aayush

Most of the apps in Play market are clones and full of $Hit

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have a blackberry at the moment, and I am pretty okay with it. I am thinking of Iphone 5.

Aayush

^12 september is not launch :taunt: only they tell us about it .
Release date is rumored to be 21st September(the day of my science exam :okay: )
Hey and guys FOR THE LIVE BLOG OF iPhone EVENT-> LIVE.GIZMODO.COM

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Many of your assumptions of Android are wrong. Hardware is good on top end models like IPhone and also varies from model to model. But the hardware is comparable or even better then iPhone in some cases.

OS is also upgradeable in Android. The ability to root Android phones open it up for a vast number of OS possibilities.

Galaxy S2 is still the highest selling Android Phone and still compatible with latest Jelly Bean OS.

No restrictions with audio, video playing. Even tethering is not restricted.

Galaxy SIII takes Android to another whole new level. Cheaper than iPhone4S but provides much more bang for the buck.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
sam to sam

12 sept i phone 5 launch

by end sept will come in shops in nl
I'll be able to buy it only in Diwali, maybe get it from China or Dubai. The first few pieces will sell for 80k in Delhi.

Blackwater

Apple launching 2 iPhones?

Apple may be launching a new edition of the iPhone 4S and doing away with the iPhone 3GS when it launches the next generation iPhone. According to a news report in The Telegraph, quoting sources close to retailers, the Cupertino-based tech giant will add an 8GB version of the current flagship, iPhone 4S, to its line-up.

The news story adds that the purported iPhone 5, which is expected to be unveiled on September 12, will come in three storage capacities. If this is true, it is likely that Apple will stick to the 16, 32 and 64GB formula for the new phone as well. Along with that, the sources also said that the sixth-generation iPhone will hit the shelves on September 21, in line with rumours.

If the company discontinues the Apple iPhone 3GS in India as well, it will peg the price of the base variant of the iconic device at Rs 37,000, a far cry from the Rs 10,000 price tag of the 3GS version. This will further alienate the manufacturer from the country's buyers; the company is not among the top 10 mobile phone makers of India. It is expected that the iPhone 4S 8GB, if launched, will cost approximately Rs 40,000.

Blackwater

^12 september is not launch :taunt: only they tell us about it .
Release date is rumored to be 21st September(the day of my science exam :okay: )
Hey and guys FOR THE LIVE BLOG OF iPhone EVENT-> Kindle Fire 2 Live Blog

Apple launching 2 iPhones?

Apple may be launching a new edition of the iPhone 4S and doing away with the iPhone 3GS when it launches the next generation iPhone. According to a news report in The Telegraph, quoting sources close to retailers, the Cupertino-based tech giant will add an 8GB version of the current flagship, iPhone 4S, to its line-up.

The news story adds that the purported iPhone 5, which is expected to be unveiled on September 12, will come in three storage capacities. If this is true, it is likely that Apple will stick to the 16, 32 and 64GB formula for the new phone as well. Along with that, the sources also said that the sixth-generation iPhone will hit the shelves on September 21, in line with rumours.

If the company discontinues the Apple iPhone 3GS in India as well, it will peg the price of the base variant of the iconic device at Rs 37,000, a far cry from the Rs 10,000 price tag of the 3GS version. This will further alienate the manufacturer from the country's buyers; the company is not among the top 10 mobile phone makers of India. It is expected that the iPhone 4S 8GB, if launched, will cost approximately Rs 40,000.

it is a global launch my dear. In launch they usually tells you and shows the product

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aayush

OS is also upgradeable in Android.

Galaxy S2 is still the highest selling Android Phone and still compatible with latest Jelly Bean OS.
iPhone 3GS-Released around this time in 2009.Compatible with about to be released iOS 6.
And hey man,what do you say about the Play market vs App store?
The App store destroys the play market.The apps are same whether for S3 or a Galaxy Y.Low quality.Just compare the apps for Speedtest.net on iOS and Android
:taunt:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
iPhone 3GS-Released around this time in 2009.Compatible with about to be released iOS 6.
And hey man,what do you say about the Play market vs App store?
The App store destroys the play market.The apps are same whether for S3 or a Galaxy Y.Low quality.Just compare the apps for Speedtest.net on iOS and Android
I have both IPhone4 and Galaxy SII, so I'm in a position to compare. App markets are more or less the same in the choice bur Google Play is smaller due to the late start but the gap is closing very fast. Anyways, all major apps on Apple app store are available on Google Play store.

The app quality is as good as apple's apps. I compared speed test apps from both app stores and I don't see much difference. The only thing better in IPhone is screen quality which is smoother otherwise high end Android phones trump iPhone on many aspects.

Rooting
Flashing ROMs
WiFi Tethering
Maps
Ease of use

Blackwater

Apple iPhone 5 to feature 'next-gen' 4G

LONDON: Tech giant Apple's new iPhone 5 will work on the fastest wireless networks around the world, including in the US, Europe and Asia, though it may vary among different mobile carriers.

The phone will have an advanced technical capability of LTE (Long Term Evolution) wireless network that would give all phone carriers a chance to sell their fastest data services to Apple's base of iPhone customers.

Smartphone makers, including market leader Samsung Electronics, have already begun offering LTE phones globally, achieving a selling point that Apple has lacked so far, the Wall Street Journal reports.

LTE technology is much more fragmented than the previous third-generation wireless technology, making it more difficult to make LTE phones that work seamlessly around the world.

Apple is expected to unveil its latest iPhone, which will also have a slightly larger screen, at a press event in San Francisco on September 12. Analysts have widely expected the new phone to support LTE, the report said.

Apple officials said that it isn't likely to work with all carriers' LTE networks in all countries, though it wasn't clear which ones would be left out, it added.

Apple iPhone 5 to feature 'next-gen' 4G - The Times of India

Blackwater

Apple iPhone 5 to have extra row for apps: Report

Apple iPhone 5 is likely to feature five rows of apps in the app drawer, instead of the four rows that were seen in the previous five generations of the device.

A software simulator given to developers to make apps by Apple was used by 9to5Mac, which found the fifth row in the home screen by altering the screen resolution. In the existing iOS, adjusting the screen resolution leads to extra gap between the apps, whereas an additional row comes up in iOS 6.

The upcoming iPhone is expected to have a 4-inch touchscreen with 640x1136 pixel resolution. Rumours about the device have further gained credence as various images of the purported iPhone 5 have been leaked online, showing a larger display. The leaked images point towards a screen with 16:9 aspect ratio, which means the black bars that used to crop up when a video was played will now be eliminated.

Other details expected from the next generation iPhone include a smaller dock connector, slimmer screen, and repositioned headphone jack and FaceTime camera.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Ha ha, you are comparing an old version of app to the new version in iPhone :taunt:

Here is the new versions of Speed Test in Android. :taunt:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Many of your assumptions of Android are wrong. Hardware is good on top end models like IPhone and also varies from model to model. But the hardware is comparable or even better then iPhone in some cases.
Ya ANDROID is a good OS, but IPHONE runs on IOS :taunt:

OS is also upgradeable in Android. The ability to root Android phones open it up for a vast number of OS possibilities.

No restrictions with audio, video playing. Even tethering is not restricted.

Galaxy SIII takes Android to another whole new level. Cheaper than iPhone4S but provides much more bang for the buck.
Advantage of ANDROID is cost, GALAXY S2 and S3 offer neither.
GALAXY S3 was offered making S2 redundant, y go in more a later model when you can a little more and get a better one ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles