Apology thread

Rashna

Country flag
The bhagavad gita and the puranas especially the ganesh puran. Please read these to understand these concepts. Usually one picks up lot of information while reading books on saints and their works. As such it is very difficult to make a comprehensive study of the huge body of work existing in what can be called the sanatan faith.I am no expert on this but i have picked up the important bits through various books and through the influence of my paternal family. Lot of sanskrit quotes have been handed down from one generation to another and if one understands their meaning in practical terms it is more or less a guide to life.
We hindus' are the most unfortunate lot that we do not study the wisdom that is in our midst and have started aping what we see as fashionable new age religion which has only one goal which is to put down another faith. Religion for a hindu is a journey towards spiritual growth and emancipation. IT has never been about anybody else but the individual soul and its journey. Again i am no expert on any subject nor do i claim to possess any indepth knowledge.

Where do you get all these ? Kindly suggest me some literature/books. In return, I can give you any book you want.

Rashna

Country flag
You have to decide for yourself what is right for you. Again you have no right to decide on behalf of anyone else what is right for them.
Good exists always with the bad because you can distinguish between the two only when they co-exist.
You are confused and you need to study and clear your confusion. Again understand your interpretation and mine will not be the same because i am a product of my own research.
Dharma in the Bhagavad-gita

Hridayananda dasa Goswami

The Sanskrit word “dharma” has joined “yoga” and “karma” in common English usage. dharma is often taken to mean “religion” or “duty.” But these meanings are incomplete. In the Gita, Lord Krishna refers to dharma in progressively deeper ways, shedding light on the meaning of the term and its importance for personal spiritual growth.

In life we all encounter ethical conflicts, although perhaps less dramatically than Arjuna. As we shall see, the Gita helps us make intelligent decisions by showing how ordinary piety fails to deliver the endless satisfaction of service to God.

Dharma is the first word in the Bhagavad-gita.

http://www.krishna.com/dharma-bhagavad-gita

"Fight for what is right"

Who decides what is right?

Ever read Hindu scriptures saying "There is no right or wrong. There is no good or bad."??

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Let me replace one word - put 'practice' in place of 'debates' :biggrin2:

Rashna

Country flag
Hahaha, When the the lord himself has given us a promise why worry?

Yada yada hee dharmasya glanir bhavti bharata
Abhyutanam adharmasya tadatmanam srijamyahama
Paritranayacha sadhunam vinashayacha dushkritam
Dharma sansthapanaya sambhavami yuge yuge.

Thank God , you are there.
I can't imagine a fair land without your presence and vigilance.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You have to decide for yourself what is right for you. Again you have no right to decide on behalf of anyone else what is right for them.
Good exists always with the bad because you can distinguish between the two only when they co-exist.
You are confused and you need to study and clear your confusion. Again understand your interpretation and mine will not be the same because i am a product of my own research.
Dharma in the Bhagavad-gita

Hridayananda dasa Goswami

The Sanskrit word “dharma” has joined “yoga” and “karma” in common English usage. dharma is often taken to mean “religion” or “duty.” But these meanings are incomplete. In the Gita, Lord Krishna refers to dharma in progressively deeper ways, shedding light on the meaning of the term and its importance for personal spiritual growth.

In life we all encounter ethical conflicts, although perhaps less dramatically than Arjuna. As we shall see, the Gita helps us make intelligent decisions by showing how ordinary piety fails to deliver the endless satisfaction of service to God.

Dharma is the first word in the Bhagavad-gita.

http://www.krishna.com/dharma-bhagavad-gita
The same goes for you. You are preaching me my own comments. You also don't have any right to decide what's right and what's wrong.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Promises are meant to be broken. Nobody's coming in this kalyuga.

Rashna

Country flag
Sorry i am not preaching anything to you.

The same goes for you. You are preaching me my own comments. You also don't have any right to decide what's right and what's wrong.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I have criticized all religion barring Hinduism
I have always been reactive not proactive to all the thread which target hinduism... I personally think all religion are equal and they all lead to same path
But there are some people who criticize and ridicule my religion to which I had and always will respond...

So I apologize to all the genuine believers out there whom I have hurt
You are suffering from post conflict guilt where you gave few blows back to your opponent. It is a natural human instinct and I respect you for displaying it. You are a good man.

However there are few tags I think you must work upon, 'becoming men from boys', 'conquering small boy or small nation syndrome', 'Being balanced in offence and defense' 'Being a Dinosaur' and last but not least a 'Top Dog'.

I am not saying you should go against your conscience but with more experience, reading and participation you can reduce this guilt.

If you think now you have vented things off your chest. It is time to bring in the balance and open your mouth only when you are convinced or can do it with conviction.

To be blunt, I have a simple philosophy don't rant if you can not back it up or are going to end up having post conflict guilt.

Let others handle it.

Zip it and read more.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

So you are the avatar?
I can't guess other people being that.

On side note, why man has to come and save the day?
What happened to women?
You sound like some sort of sexist. :rage:

Rashna

Country flag
No no. I am no avatar, as you are well ware shiv and shakti are together, i think our faith is very democratic in that it always places the male and the female together as ardh narishwara.
When you sit in a pooja you always sit with your better half or in her absence a betel nut. But symbolically her place is always kept.
In which other faith do you find this? When our faith is not sexist why would I be? The reasoning is that man is part of wo-man so why make any distinction?

So you are the avatar?
I can't guess other people being that.

On side note, why man has to come and save the day?
What happened to women?
You sound like some sort of sexist. :rage:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles