Apache & Chinook deal finally in sight?

ghost

So you are OK with that scum insulting India but don't want people to call you out for your pathetic lack of self respect? Why don't you respect our views that you are pathetic just like how you respect his views on India and Indian armed forces? It's that simple.

Even if you are going to be pathetic, atleast have some intellectual honesty .
Sir,
He just points out what he feel is wrong ,even I feel there are morons in DRDO,armed forces and MOD this does not mean that I am insulting India in general.You cannot force him to say that everything in India is awesome ,just like he can't force you in case of Finland.Be open to alternating view points,ask his points why he feel so and present yours in contradiction to those.It appears as if everyone gang up on him.To prove him wrong you don't need to insult him,bully him.However ............

Drones are more silent,stealthy and they are the future,they can be deployed for much longer time.This deal is not bad but drones will rule in near future.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Sir,
He just points out what he feel is wrong ,even I feel there are morons in DRDO,armed forces and MOD this does not mean that I am insulting India in general
You are an Indian and have every right to criticize our MOD. He is not an Indian and he has no such right. Its pathetic that you compare yourself to him

You cannot force him to say that everything in India is awesome ,just like he can't force you in case of Finland
If I say Finland is shit in a Finnish forum, I would be banned just like how this dog should have been banned for insulting India in an Indian forum.

Be open to alternating view points,ask his points why he feel so and present yours in contradiction to those
We are open to contrarian ideas and that is why the forum exists.

It appears as if everyone gang up on him.
Because he is a POS and everyone here has self respect unlike you.

To prove him wrong you don't need to insult him,bully him
We have proven him wrong many times but that bugger comes back to insult India and people like you support him.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Sir,
He just points out what he feel is wrong ,even I feel there are morons in DRDO,armed forces and MOD this does not mean that I am insulting India in general.You cannot force him to say that everything in India is awesome ,just like he can't force you in case of Finland.Be open to alternating view points,ask his points why he feel so and present yours in contradiction to those.It appears as if everyone gang up on him.To prove him wrong you don't need to insult him,bully him.However ............

Drones are more silent,stealthy and they are the future,they can be deployed for much longer time.This deal is not bad but drones will rule in near future.

Yes, drones are indeed the future, and no one is denying that and Indian armed forces are actively pursuing that path. The IAF's recent decision to plan for a dedicated arm for UAV is sign for that. However, when you have a long journey in desert and the next well is far, you don't throw away the stale water that is in your water bottle or don't reject a little extra water if available, because that would not only be foolish but also potentially suicidal. The drone tech is not in sight for India in such a large scale in immediate future and may be in a decade the scenario will change. But, at this moment Apache is that extra water being made available, and it may not be fresh spring water, but it can sustain us till we reach the well- that is to develop or get the tech that we can be safely off the human factor in a bird.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
@ghost - Here is @jouni at his gentlemanly behavior.

I do not think your weapons threatens us. I am just thinking what the hundreds of millions living in poverty think about elite spending money on failed weapons programs and nuclear arms race...I like how Israeli does it, everybody knows that they got the bomb, but they have not neglected development in other fields of life. They have country worth protecting.

Obviously you cannot separate emotion from pragmatic approach and like I said earlier I find it hilarious, that you remember how some Hindu children were "head cut" 500 years ago and still fuel your anger with that....

thethinker

Country flag
You forgot when I made references based on international studies of average IQ in different countries....
Yes because your pro jihadi, pro genocide mindset overshadows your statistical discussions. A shame really.

Compersion

Country flag
why are numbers for Apache and Chinooks seems not many.

Is it because we are seeing the delivery and performance first and order more - Is it because we are going to learn and use such learning for our own systems. I think it is a mixture of both.

Yumdoot

Well, I have to disagree about Apaches being 'useless' only because pakistan shoot IR guided MANPAD to it. The flares every helo carries are for that partcular purpose, and is the ECM suites.

I however agree about chinook being too expensive.
First tell me if you want me to puncture your safety bubble or if you want to remain comfortable :p.

And believe just the way Pakis were able to upgrade their Harpoons for land attack they will get the solution for this too.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
First tell me if you want me to puncture your safety bubble or if you want to remain comfortable :p.

And believe just the way Pakis were able to upgrade their Harpoons for land attack they will get the solution for this too.
You cannot puncture my safety bubble. You have some beliefs and some data, no proven facts and ZERO idea about the effectiveness of the armour, ECMs, and other protective measures of Apache. Yes, you have collected some data, but have you got some evidence? In war people die, machines are lost, since enemy is not going to comply with you wishes always. But, if you wish to have zero casualty at your side, you need to just put your hands up and hope for mercy.

Of course Pakis will develop something to counter Apaches, and of course Apaches are not as invincible as projected. But, Apaches and attack helos are necessities and the reasonable risk factor obviously have been considered.

There is a single word for all the naysayers - tactics.

We have to keep faith in our military leadership and the combat pilots to develop tactics and doctrines down the line to avoid getting shot down by the MANPADs. The helis are not going amble around in the sky to give the MANPADs easy shooting target. Btw, you may like to learn more about how tactics used by Soviets during Afghan war reduced the attrition rate of the Hinds. The Apache is even more advanced than Hind and its possible place of use at desert of Rajasthan and plains of Punjab will give it ample space for low level flying giving it limited exposure.

Losses will be there, sure. But, I will emphasize yet again, if losses are acceptable to favourable outcome - we will use it. War is not a game of statistics and numbers only, tactics and training plays a huge role here.

Btw, by your logic every nation should have stopped procuring Tanks and APCs after HEAT rounds were developed. Have they?

apple

Sir,

My self respect is not dependent on insulting others for its existence.

He is entitled to his opinions,point of views like everyone else .We all have our different perceptions, we can debate,explain ,agree or disagree(respectfully).

I feel a combination of small,medium and large smarter drones would be more favourable in attack.
Is a strange co incidence that the most abusive members are also the least knowledge on defence matters and make the majority of their posts in forums on culture, religion, etc...

Drones are indeed the direction in which the more advance military's are moving.

As I said, we don't want to be like Finns who are begging for sovereignty from Russia and NATO . keep that lack of self respect to yourself
This would be the same Russia which Finland had three, or more depending on how you count them, wars with last century and the same NATO which Finland has never been a part of? Read a book and spend less time here.

As long as Indian army has no history of supporting Nazis like the Finns or engaging in genocide of aborigines like in Australia it can never be at par with Finland and Australia. Right @apple @jouni ?
Provide evidence of the Australian Army being involved in the "genocide of aborigines in Australia" or that there ever even was a genocide. Read a book

What? Defending against Nazis and Soviets in that snow-filled hell.
Try reading up on the Burma campaign.
Sure, I have a great deal of respect for all service personnel and the British Indian army did a lot of good work in WW2, and at other times.

Holy shit. Somebody tell that to the US Marine Corps. Silly fanboys buying brand new Vipers. Or to the US Army. How many Apaches do they have? 800? So Indian....

Wait...............no. Its just you are a delusional idiot.
They have the pilots, the mechanics, the weapons and the bases/ carriers set up for attack helicopters. It makes sense for them to continue their use in large numbers and they were still pretty useful in Afghanistan.

Yet, Apaches and Cobras have been working in all the theatres for such a long time with full success with only few losses. How could that be?
I said, or more accurately "translated" some one else's opinion, that they were excellent uptil the mid 90's

What other light AA system is even closer to MANPAD? I don't know any, do you?
Hmm... what else could I mean??? How about what has shot down the majority of helicopters in combat i.e. small arms fire and AAA, in particular heavy MG's

A weapon system is not procured for not using in fear of losing it, but for the gain it could get despite the risk. Do you think the modern day Anti-armour systems are any less lethal? So we should stop buying tanks and IFVs too, is that so?
Personally, I think India wastes a huge amount of money on all those tanks you'll never be using, but how is that relevant?

Yes, they are so, if they get to deal with the helos when the other side's fighters have either all fallen or had abandoned the helos. If MKIs are providing cover for the helos, I don't know what asshat would go for low flying ground hugging helos knowing full well the MKIs gonna blow their ass off if they don't get their arguments done with MKIs before.
You didn't get what I meant by "gotten more effective than they were". I meant what the words mean, which you suddenly seem to understand in your next paragraph.

Even a bloody aircraft career is more vulnerable today than it was a decade ago. Haven't seen anybody arguing to scrap them? A wise leader learns the difficulty and devices ways to skirt around the vulnerability, assessing the risk and opportunity together. What do you think, anytime the Pakistani tank column moves, the apaches and LCHs are gonna be ordered to take out those without any areal cover by the fighters and without a plan how to nutralise or evade the short range AA systems including MANPAD?
Aircraft carriers have also increased their survivability, which is problematic for rotary winged aircraft. Also, carriers can not be substituted with any alternative

No, not yet. The UAVs to take the roles of a assault helu has not come to be in service with any armed forces, unless it is a top secret one. Helicopters' ability to hover and ability to eliminate slow moving or stationery targets with pinpoint accuracy, its abilty to operate from any terrain and ability to operate with minimal support- are still not available with any of the UAVs that has come to service in any of the nations. Not even close, forget the kevel of abilities a AH64E has.
By assault helicopter presume you mean something like the Apache/ Cobra. They'd already been, largely replaced by drones in Afghanistan. The helicopters had become, basically a flying truck to deliver a hellfire missile when their wasn't a UAV available.

Know, for example, the Australian army didn't like operating with Dutch Apaches in Afghanistan as the Dutch refused to fly low enough to use their chain gun (which is the whole point of attack helicopters) as it was too dangerous down low and they (this wasn't the helicopters fault) had stupidly restrictive rules about firing Hellfires/ other missiles. Our guys preferred fast air/ a drone from a non hippy country to provide close air support.

As the first few posters on this thread, who seemed to actually know something about this subject, the Indian army will probably use their Apaches for reconnaissance and as UAV controllers

Matter of seconds?!!! How?

Do you think any military power that will come to attack Finland or its neighbours, will bring the helos in the play without blowing the AA systems away first, and without taking precaution for the safety of the helos?
You misunderstood what I said, I was talking about Finnish helicopters. Although yes, I was implying the enemies helicopters too.

Any war between Finland and Russia would at best, from the Finnish perspective, see Russia aircraft making sure no Finnish plane gets any were near it's force. A hypothetical Finnish attack helicopter crew would, I'm entirely positive, have an average life expectancy of under a minute if they flew a mission any where near Russian ground forces.[/QUOTE]

Yes, MANPADs are a great threat. But, they are not as numerous as you might have been made to think or assuredly destructive as you have been made to believe. Of course the airforces which are planning to use them knows the danger the MANPADs present, that is why every attack helo is equipped with ECM, chaffs, flares to defeat the missiles.

When pressed into battle, some of the helos may be lost, but if the possible exchange of the tasks carried out by those and other helos is worth it, the risk is always acceptable. That is how battle works. Not all the soldier that goes to fight, comes back.
Not all UAV's return to base. Glad for Indian soldiers sake that you're just another of this forum's Chairbourne Warriors.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@apple - yes for civilized societies forcibly taking away other people's children and thus killing their culture does not count as genocide.

apple

@apple - yes for civilized societies forcibly taking away other people's children and thus killing their culture does not count as genocide.
That was the Australian army?

The majority of children put up for adoption, back in the day, were poor and white i.e. rednecks. That didn't manage to "genocide" Australian redneck culture, nor did adoptions "genocide" aboriginal culture.

People who use the term genocide to describe cultural genocide really should go eat a bowl of
poo

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This would be the same Russia which Finland had three, or more depending on how you count them, wars with last century and the same NATO which Finland has never been a part of? Read a book and spend less time here.
Exactly why I said both Russia AND NATO. Obviously, I am referring to the de facto role of Finland as the neutral zone/punch bag/wedge between two spheres(much like Nepal, Bhutan , and soon Tibet are between India and China) is what I am talking about here. Which is why I said stop begging Rus and NATO instead of just NATO

To give a perspective, for Sweden, I would say that stop begging with NATO for sovereignty. For Aus, I would say stop begging the US for your security. But for PRC, it won't apply because it is actually a sovereign country.

All in all, you need to stop being stupid and understand what I was talking about before making bs responses. :biggrin2:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

The majority of children put up for adoption, back in the day, were poor and white i.e. rednecks. That didn't manage to "genocide" Australian redneck culture, nor did adoptions "genocide" aboriginal culture.

People who use the term genocide to describe cultural genocide really should go eat a bowl of
poo
:lol: yeah, Aussies viping out the aborigines of Australia is not genocide at all.

And these pos have the galls to take a moral stand:rofl:

apple

Exactly why I said both Russia AND NATO. Obviously, I am referring to the de facto role of Finland as the neutral zone/punch bag/wedge between two spheres(much like Nepal, Bhutan , and soon Tibet are between India and China) is what I am talking about here. Which is why I said stop begging Rus and NATO instead of just NATO

To give a perspective, for Sweden, I would say that stop begging with NATO for sovereignty. For Aus, I would say stop begging the US for your security. But for PRC, it won't apply because it is actually a sovereign country.

All in all, you need to stop being stupid and understand what I was talking about before making bs responses. :biggrin2:
As I was explaining to you several months back, when I deigned to respond to your moronity, you can talk all you want about begging, and poodles, and seem to remember you were talking about slaves then too.

For people with at least average levels of dignity and self esteem, those kinds of concepts just don't enter our minds. So, I'm afraid I'm going to continue being "stupid" when you're talking about beggars, because I'll never be able to get that.

:lol: yeah, Aussies viping out the aborigines of Australia is not genocide at all.

And these pos have the galls to take a moral stand:rofl:
Yep, just keep making up things that never happened. Does wonders for your credibility.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

poo
Either you are naive(believes in what your govt peddles) or stupid(don't understand what you read) or liar(hiding your misdeeds). Pick one title and proceed and learn your history.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jan/13/australia.barbaramcmahon
http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/...-terrible-wrong/2008/01/11/1199988589363.html

Read the first para:
"It's been more than 10 years so it is now almost impossible for people like me to recall clearly the shock and the horror, the shame and the sadness we felt when we first read (or read about) Bringing Them Home, the report of the inquiry by the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission into what was termed "the separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families"."

Better learn something rather than continuing to be just another POS.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yep, just keep making up things that never happened. Does wonders for your credibility.
:lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_of_Indigenous_Australians

Keep peddling BS boy. You might overtake porkis in Pakiness

As I was explaining to you several months back, when I deigned to respond to your moronity, you can talk all you want about begging, and poodles, and seem to remember you were talking about slaves then too.

For people with at least average levels of dignity and self esteem, those kinds of concepts just don't enter our minds. So, I'm afraid I'm going to continue being "stupid" when you're talking about beggars, because I'll never be able to get that.

Did I hurt your feelings. Do you need a hanky?:rofl:

Let me give you a free advice- disband your useless armed forces and become the 51st state of USA. Will save you lot of money and don't have to suffer the questions about sovereignty :lol:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles