Any Georgians Here????

deepak75

Hi, just trying to see if there are any Georgians on this forum. Chail, Bangalore, Dholpur, Belgaum, Ajmer????

Mods please let this be for a short while. Just hoping to connect to Alma Mater. Thanks.

A.V.

there is one check username georgianhind

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Do you mean Georgia the state in America or Georgia the country that was destroyed by Russia?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I think he meant St.George College or school.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Its not Georgia the country folks. He meant the College, St George. God Speed

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
How big a school is St. George in India that people go around calling themselves Georgians?

Rage

DFI TEAM
This is the first I've heard of it.

I wonder what the students of Shri Shri Jashodha Mandir call themselves. Shrishrijashodamandiriites ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am a Cottonian. Bishop Cottons a 145 year old school in Bangalore. We proudly go about saying we are Cottonians.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I did my Graduation in Kerala University! I dont know what to call myself :(

Agantrope

I am a graduate from Anna University, what can i be called :angry_1:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This is the first I've heard of it.

I wonder what the students of Shri Shri Jashodha Mandir call themselves. Shrishrijashodamandiriites ?
Usually the fancy names are reserved for elite schools and or large schools. I don't know that St. George is either elite or very large.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
People who graduate out of St.Stephen's College, Delhi call themselves as Stephanians. I think if it is easy to pronounce, people go ahead call themselves after their elite colleges/universities.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
St. Stephen's is an elite Indian university, sort of the Oxbridge of India. It is no suprise they have the name.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
and i call myself Indian.

although ive got b.com and bba degree's from bradford and delhi university...so what should i call myself ? bradelhite ? and columbian (school)

deepak75

Sorry Guys, I should have been more clear. Just an innocous mistake. There are five Military schools in India which were originally called King George's Military Colleges. There is also one in Pakistan from pre-independence days at Jhelum. So the term Georgians. There are five = Chail (my school), Ajmer, Dholpur, Bangalore & Belgaum. Still run by the AHQ arm = MT-15 (same for NDA + IMA + some others). Surely not elite institutions though there are quite a few generals + also one PVC out of the schools + some other people who have made it to the famous in life.

Being a defence forum, I just thought that may be some of more hang around and so thought to try and touch base. Thanks.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Goergians are King George's School boys.

RIMC (Price of Wales Royal Indian Military College, now known as Rastriya Indian Miliitary College) and KG Schools were feeder schools for the Indian Armed Forces.

RIMC chaps are known as Rimcollians.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles