Antony says India will match Chinese military infra buildup

SLASH

I have been thinking about India national policy about building oil reserves as well. Is there any blue print in place to start a project on the same scale as other major powers already have in place?
We have a fairly unrestricted access to the Arab countries. In an even of war breakage out between India and China, it is China that has to worry about oil supply that come via the Indian ocean.

But I feel India vs China is a no-win situation for both sides. Both of us will loose

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
CCP has miscalculated on India front drastically, they thought they will get away by needling India on smaller issues, and will get concessions by India like they are getting from needling other countries. I think they never thought that India will respond with a build up and forging alliances. Now they have much bigger problem to handle

cir

China doesn't have drop a single bomb on India。 All China needs to do to strangle India is to dam all the major rivers that originate in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and flow into India。

China gains by harvesting ample electrity and precious water resources for urban、industrial and agriculture development, and India loses everything。

SPIEZ

Country flag
^^ And when we drop bombs on those dams, job will be easy for us.

SHASH2K2

China doesn't have drop a single bomb on India。 All China needs to do to strangle India is to dam all the major rivers that originate in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and flow into India。

China gains by harvesting ample electrity and precious water resources for urban、industrial and agriculture development, and India loses everything。
you build dams and we will give some nukes and missiles to Vietnam. which one sound better ?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Hmm...If it were so easy the Chicoms would have already done that.
No concern for your Bangladeshi brothers though?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Lucky for us, no major Indian rivers originate in China controlled Tibet. :lol:

1. Ganga originates in Uttrakhand
  2. Brahmaputra, not that important for us. North East is mostly irrigated by rainfall ( important for Bangladesh though)
  3. Indus again not that important for India, but it's the lifeline of Pakistan :lol:
  4. Krishna, Godvari etc don't originate anywhere near the Himalayas

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
All the oceans of the world and rivers and lakes and ponds originate from the Middle Kingdom, don't you know? :rage:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

It looks like you have to go back to drawing table once again before constructing dams as it is also going to kill the "ALL WEATHER FRIEND'S " fertile land and deprive Bangladesh of much needed water for its rice fields. This will pay big dividend to India. Dams can be bombed and kill your designs that way too.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

2. Brahmaputra, not that important for us. North East is mostly irrigated by rainfall ( important for Bangladesh though)
  3. Indus again not that important for India, but it's the lifeline of Pakistan :lol:
Chicoms and facts never merge :pound:

agentperry

baba, are you all right baba. ganga brahmputra, they are very important for inland waterways which are actually functional in India and for water also. and both originate from tibetean glaciers. they enter india from uttrakhand and arunachal but they have china or tibet as birthplace

SHASH2K2

I guess we should start collaborating in space and nuclear field with Vietnam. space research will give them technical knowhow of missiles and a few fast breeder reactor for research should give them nukes. We need to create a nuclear Vietnam so chinese nderstand the taste of their own medicine.

Falcon

We must not consider Chinese threats seriously. What's important at this point of time is to take care of North East like a baby. When you have enemies at home, you do not require some to attack and harm you from outside. We need good infrastructure development in North East. We need unlimited power supply, good road network, better educational facilities. Once we are good in those basic infrastructure, it will boost the defense capability of the region. Of course we need Tanks, missiles and ground troops to protect the region but just that won;t be sufficient. North East has so much Capacity to be one of the most productive regions in India. I recall a documentary from World War 2 where British India helped China against Japan. Here it is

Hope you Folks like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

hey you,

bow to me and take a hike. it is good for you. :D

if china tries to perform any antics on India then rest be assured, dragon will get hard core brutal anal rape. this is not 1962 and nehru is dead.

trackwhack

LB, the Bramhaputra is important. The aquafier for the northeast is basically maintained by the Bramhaputra. It is also very important to keep theKazhiranga intact.

Diverting waters from the Bramhaputra should be considered an act of war.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
baba, are you all right baba. ganga brahmputra, they are very important for inland waterways which are actually functional in India and for water also. and both originate from tibetean glaciers. they enter india from uttrakhand and arunachal but they have china or tibet as birthplace
The Gangotri glacier from which Ganga originates is in Uttrakhand

LB, the Bramhaputra is important. The aquafier for the northeast is basically maintained by the Bramhaputra. It is also very important to keep theKazhiranga intact.

Diverting waters from the Bramhaputra should be considered an act of war.
Act of war agreed. I'm just busting the chini myth of having some kind of leverage against India ! The fertile Gangetic plains make do without the Brahmaputra

trackwhack

The Gangotri glacier from which Ganga originates is in Uttrakhand

Act of war agreed. I'm just busting the chini myth of having some kind of leverage against India ! The fertile Gangetic plains make do without the Brahmaputra
Correct, also it is not that all the water in the Bramhaputra come from China. Al lot of its tributaries are in India itself and a lot of the water is collected through rainfall.

Falcon

I am really surprised after looking the discussion here. I give a damm to where holy Ganga originates from. Have u any idea about the size of the river at the origin. Take a look.

and now look at Ganga near West Bengal.

DO YOU SEE THE OTHER END OF THE RIVER

Where did all the water come from? Did we pee in it. Those are the tributaries and rain which gives the volume to this might river. I don't think we need to explain Brahmaputra here. North East receives heaviest rainfall in India.

It really does not matter what China does. We have enough water for our people. We just need to know how we should manage it.

trackwhack

I am really surprised after looking the discussion here. I give a damm to where holy Ganga originates from. Have u any idea about the size of the river at the origin. Take a look.

Where did all the water come from? Did we pee in it. Those are the tributaries and rain which gives the volume to this might river. I don't think we need to explain Brahmaputra here. North East receives heaviest rainfall in India.

It really does not matter what China does. We have enough water for our people. We just need to know how we should manage it.
By implementing the River connection project ASAP!! Thats been on the anvil for 50 years.:rolleyes:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Most of the tributaries including the Yamuna originate from Uttrakhand/Nepal/Bihar

Global Defence

New threads

Articles