Anti-Lanka UN resolution adopted, India makes no amendments

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
after Indira we never had a strong leader who are capable of making strong decisions, kargilwar was a reaction,
regarding kashmir it is either cut or get,, completion and a move ahead.
no body had the balls to take the decision and leave that decision on their legacy, could source wikileaks as well
Point here is, Indian resolution mean nothing.

Your demand to pronounce genocide is to satisfy Tamil ego. It has no affect on Indian Tamils. They should know where their loyalty rests.

Further such resolution will only hurt remaining Tamils in SL.

Geopolitical & strategic decisions are not taken out of emotion.

HEILTAMIL

@HEILTAMIL

You are simply ranting with no coherent construct of your posts as to what you are expecting from India.

I will say it again, India's interests are paramount to Sri lankan Tamil interests. Please tell me if you agree with this statement.
India's interest is focused one and only on china and not letting US or any one to play in Indian Ocean,
the following is what for the people in TN are protesting about, i do not agree with 4,5,7, and these demands were made by think-tanks in TN, i don't know the credibility of them so please don't question me about them

9-point demand of All Colleges Students Federation of Tamil Nadu for the Liberation of Tamil Eelam

1. We strongly condemn the US-draft resolution. Do not pass it at UNHRC

2. What took place in Ilangkai [Sri Lanka] is not merely war crimes or violations of human rights, but planned genocide

3. International investigation and referendum are the only solutions for the Tamils. Government of India should propose a resolution to bring in international investigation and to conduct a referendum on independent Tamil Eelam.

4. A proposal should be made to remove the Deputy High Commission of the Sinhala chauvinistic State from the Tamil soil [Tamil Nadu]. India should severe all diplomatic relations with Ilangkai [Sri Lanka].

5. Government of India, accepting the request of the Tamil Nadu State Government, should implement economic sanctions on Ilangkai [Sri Lanka].

6. On behalf of the Tamil Nadu State Government, a foreign relations department should be created to assure the security of global Tamils.

7. No Asian country should be a member in the [international] investigation committee.

8. Killing Tamil Nadu fishermen should be stopped immediately.

9. If the Government of India is not finding solution to the question of Eezham Tamils, we will not pay any taxes from Tamil Nadu. We, students, will actively engage in this campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

HEILTAMIL

please consider the situation in TN, it is not 80's, more people know about India's strategic interests and role of global players,
TN media is fully occupied in constantly campaining and discussing this issue, and they have formed great strategic goals it seems

it is the first time after Independence revolution and 1965 anti-hindi agitations everybody in TN has united, the whole history of EELam and India and their interests are reviwed

i am not being boiled up, but just trying to reflect the situation in TN

Point here is, Indian resolution mean nothing.

Your demand to pronounce genocide is to satisfy Tamil ego. It has no affect on Indian Tamils. They should know where their loyalty rests.

Further such resolution will only hurt remaining Tamils in SL.

Geopolitical & strategic decisions are not taken out of emotion.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
please consider the situation in TN, it is not 80's, more people know about India's strategic interests and role of global players,
TN media is fully occupied in constantly campaining and discussing this issue, and they have formed great strategic goals it seems

it is the first time after Independence revolution and 1965 anti-hindi agitations everybody in TN has united, the whole history of EELam and India and their interests are reviwed

i am not being boiled up, but just trying to reflect the situation in TN

If people understand about Indian interests and those of tamils in SL then they should get their priorities right.

Existence of EElam and its sentiments are dangerous for India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
India's interest is focused one and only on china and not letting US or any one to play in Indian Ocean,
the following is what for the people in TN are protesting about, i do not agree with 4,5,7, and these demands were made by think-tanks in TN, i don't know the credibility of them so please don't question me about them

9-point demand of All Colleges Students Federation of Tamil Nadu for the Liberation of Tamil Eelam

1. We strongly condemn the US-draft resolution. Do not pass it at UNHRC.
Resolution has already been passed and it is against Sri Lanka. India has changed its stance from "against the resolution" to "for the resolution". A big change from the last time. don't expect more.

2. What took place in Ilangkai [Sri Lanka] is not merely war crimes or violations of human rights, but planned genocide
I don't know if its a genocide or atrocities but it was a war against LTTE which was a terrorist organisation. Collateral damage happens in war especially when kids, women and civilians are used as human shields and soldiers. Its part and parcel of a war. There is a adage - "Don't start a war that you cannot finish" - LTTE started it with its suicide bombing and it faced the music.

But Rajpaksa's government should be nudged, pressured to take action against those who indulged in inhuman atrocities. That should be the main objective of India. It cannot do it by cutting-off ties with Sri Lanka.

3. International investigation and referendum are the only solutions for the Tamils. Government of India should propose a resolution to bring in international investigation and to conduct a referendum on independent Tamil Eelam.
Unlikely. LTTE is an internal affair of Sri Lanka and it doesn't effect directly any other country. So we should allow them to settle their own issues with some pressure from other countries.

4. A proposal should be made to remove the Deputy High Commission of the Sinhala chauvinistic State from the Tamil soil [Tamil Nadu]. India should severe all diplomatic relations with Ilangkai [Sri Lanka].
Again unlikely. We have diplomatic ties even with an enemy (pakistan) that tries to destroy our country, so how and why will India break diplomatic ties for foreign citizens who supported killing of our prime minister.

5. Government of India, accepting the request of the Tamil Nadu State Government, should implement economic sanctions on Ilangkai [Sri Lanka].
Again unlikely. Reason, same as above point.

6. On behalf of the Tamil Nadu State Government, a foreign relations department should be created to assure the security of global Tamils.
Why should India care for just Tamils when it cannot take care of global Hindus/Muslims/Christians. India will take care of only Indians.

7. No Asian country should be a member in the [international] investigation committee

Who really cares?. SL won't allow it.

8. Killing Tamil Nadu fishermen should be stopped immediately.
This is of utmost importance to India. India should take diplomatic as well as military actions if needed to stop these killings.

9. If the Government of India is not finding solution to the question of Eezham Tamils, we will not pay any taxes from Tamil Nadu. We, students, will actively engage in this campaign
Not going to happen despite what you say here.

HEILTAMIL

@Daredevil
those were the demands of the students not mine, ideal demands stands far from possible ground realities,
doesn't dilute the fact of India' dirty role and TN reaction towards it, it will be a major platform for more aggressive regionalism?? than before, while comparing it with 1971

they are not talking about the civil war, but post war genocide , war ended during 2009- protests @ 13 ,which majority of India seems not want to recognize

my posts were just a reflection of TN minds, not necessarily mine.:namaste:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There may be aggressive regionalism for a while but that will pass too like it passed in 2009 when LTTE was pulverised. Everyone will get on with their life.

HEILTAMIL

If people understand about Indian interests and those of tamils in SL then they should get their priorities right.

Existence of EElam and its sentiments are dangerous for India.
their interests are based on their umbilical cord race people, which rest of the india doesn't have,
what is ideal for rest of India, seems not ideal for TN,
so clash of ideologies arise,

hope it makes it all clear:namaste:

HEILTAMIL

There may be aggressive regionalism for a while but that will pass too like it passed in 2009 when LTTE was pulverised. Everyone will get on with their life.
there were no supporters for LTTE in TN, end of civil war was not portrayed as big
India's refusal to recognise the post-war genocide when it has all the evidence will last atleast one generation

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
their interests are based on their umbilical cord race people, which rest of the india doesn't have,

We all have same ideology i.e Unity of India i.e Indian interests above all. We did not create this establishment to prioritize interests of people in foreign country.

HEILTAMIL

We all have same ideology i.e Unity of India i.e Indian interests above all. We did not create this establishment to prioritize interests of people in foreign country.
in this issue you defintely can isolate TN:p

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
in this issue you defintely can isolate TN:p
Not really, we isolate LTTE sympathizers or people do not put national interests above anything else. Union of India can not held to meet demands only of certain section claiming thekedari over certain ethnicity. Especially when reasoning & demands are nonsense.

Bachchu Yadav

You have certain valid point on communality of Tamil on both side.

But tell me, Is it good for big Country like India to undermine it's national interest for sake these umbilical cords ?

Next Day ... people Gorakhaland arise in support of Nepal due thier umbilical cords ,similarly Myanmar due Naga umbilical Cords,West Bengal,Tripura in relation to Bangladesh, Bihar on Mauritius ...

Tell us ...Should the foreign Policy be run on India's national interests or umblical cords ?

HEILTAMIL

Not really, we isolate LTTE sympathizers or people do not put national interests above anything else. Union of India can not held to meet demands only of certain section claiming thekedari over certain ethnicity. Especially when reasoning & demands are nonsense.
as i said earlier, that's the request of TN gov and DMK, and all other elected representatives who represent TN in parliament, if could check their statements
so we can isolate the whole of TN as LTTE sympathizers or people do not put national interests above anything else

as it made sense only to TN,

HEILTAMIL

You have certain valid point on communality of Tamil on both side.

But tell me, Is it good for big Country like India to undermine it's national interest for sake these umbilical cords ?

Next Day ... people Gorakhaland arise in support of Nepal due thier umbilical cords ,similarly Myanmar due Naga umbilical Cords,West Bengal,Tripura in relation to Bangladesh, Bihar on Mauritius ...

Tell us ...Should the foreign Policy be run on India's national interests or umblical cords ?
please read the previous posts in this thread before making any comment,
maybe India should have kept its mouth and south tightly shut before and after, then we wouldn't b having this discussion

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
as i said earlier, that's the request of TN gov and DMK, and all other elected representatives who represent TN in parliament, if could check their statements
so we can isolate the whole of TN as LTTE sympathizers or people do not put national interests above anything else

as it made sense only to TN,
TN political parties are example of paramount hypocrisy. Let some time pass they will show their true colors, like always.

And nobody in Loksabha or Rajyasabha is going to serve Tamil Ego. So it reflected in today's resolution.

Accept it and move on. Case is closed.

HEILTAMIL

TN political parties are example of paramount hypocrisy. Let some time pass they will show their true colors, like always.

And nobody in Loksabha or Rajyasabha is going to serve Tamil Ego. So it reflected in today's resolution.

your answer was similar to TN people from rest of India, which is proven again and again, and that's where the difference and the drift starts,

deliberate ignorance or army dog barking attitude will not solve it.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
your answer was similar to TN people from rest of India, which is proven again and again, and that's where the difference and the drift starts,

We are not here to solve matters of other country.

You are just ranting same thing again and again.

People who find SL Tamili interests above Indian interests should pack their bag and leave. We don't need them. Call has been taken by UN.

HEILTAMIL

We are not here to solve matters of other country.

You are just ranting same thing again and again.

People who find SL Tamili interests above Indian interests should pack their bag and leave. We don't need them. Call has been taken by UN.
maybe you shall shed your wise decision to GOI, and let TN go

Thanks for dividing up India.

Bachchu Yadav

Can we not talk in more gentleman's way ?

More humbleness is sought from @nrj as he is mod too ..!

Just my 2 cents

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles