Anti-Islam Groups Rally Across Europe

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by saty, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

DRESDEN, Germany—Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators, amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum seekers to the continent.

Riot police clashed with demonstrators in Amsterdam as supporters of the anti-Islam group Pegida tried to hold their first protest meeting in the Dutch capital. Only about 200 Pegida supporters were present, outnumbered by police and left-wing demonstrators who shouted, “Refugees are welcome, fascists are not!”

Riot police detained several people as officers on horseback intervened to separate the two groups of demonstrators. It wasn’t immediately clear how many people were detained.

Related Coverage
    Police in Germany expected about 15,000 people at a Pegida rally in Dresden, with 10,000 others in a counter-demonstration on the other side of the Elbe River that divides the city.

The group, whose German acronym stands for “Patriotic Europeans against the Islamization of the West,” has become a magnet for far-right and anti-immigrant sentiment since it was founded in Dresden two years ago. After a drop in attendance last spring, the group saw a rise in support from people angered by the unprecedented influx into Europe of refugees from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Aside from its nationalist and anti-Islam stance, the group has also sided strongly with Russia. Several Russian flags were flown at Saturday’s rally in Dresden, along with banners including “Peace with Russia” and “Stop war against Syria.”

Smaller Pegida-style protests were also taking place in France, Britain, Poland, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Denmark, Finland and Estonia.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/anti-islam-groups-rally-across-europe-1454778299

kstriya likes this.
  3. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

4. Ikap

Ikap New Member

Most Europeans dislike Muslims. Unlike in the USA, Muslims tend to be lower class and from stupid countries like Pakiland or Africa. They tend to be the main source of crime and backwardness.

Nearly all right-wing parties in europe are pro-hindu and somewhat anti-muslim, even if they token a Muslim or two.

5. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

When will Hindus/Indians arrange? What a silly question.

Why and against whom Hindus/Indians need to standup? Against Indian muslims or perhaps against those refugees

in European nations that has nothing to do with us? The Europeans are concerned about problems caused by some refugees from conservative/backward muslim nations who are unable to fit in a non native environment, thus, making these protests but we don't have that issue.

6. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Let us see how far and how long this anti-Muslim sentiment stays in the European society. If the anti-social behaviour of new asylum seekers continues I foresee the right wing political party's to gain more popular votes. If and when this happens one can see the entry into Europe will be more regulated and could also lead to deportation of refugees once the political solution is achieved in the Middle East.

I have been of the opinion from the very start that they should have been kept on one of the Greece Island or in Turkey till peace is achieved in the Middle East.

7. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Hello Mr. I-talk-ouy-of-my-ass .... right wing europe is squarely based on race brown=Muslim... so no and most people think that hinduism and islam are the same. :lol:

8. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

This could be engineered by European intel agencies to reinvigorate European nationalism, especially German, by giving them a new enemy to hate. Europeans, just like muslims wallow in fables of 'past glory days'. The Islamization of Europe has been going on since decades but there was never such a visceral reaction till now. What changed? their media purposely started showing a group of muslims indulging in violence, over and over, to get the people riled up. This formed the theme of Hitler's narrative as well. They need jingoism to hold their flock of sheep together. A new enemy will help them achieve that polarization. After all, even Japan used the China bogey to amend its constitution and gave its military the legal mandate to wage wars. The number of refugees who have entered Europe now is very less compared to their resident muslim population which has been breeding like rabbits since decades.

Those claiming Europe to be India's friend because of a shared enemy need to have a more nuanced view. They are both our enemies. A country is capable of having multiple enemies, let's not give a free pass to anyone just because they are at odds with another of our enemy. It's a boxing match with 5 players in the ring and the winner will be the last man standing; No one is anyone's friend in the ring. If Europe is throwing a punch at Islam, it's Europe's win. It's not going to yield any dividends for us. If we want action, we need to throw some punches of our own. We can't be fence-sitters forever.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Ancient Indian likes this.
  9. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Total bullshit

muzzies crossed 5% figure then they started spreading Islamiyat aka rape gangs,molestation,riots,bomb blasts,conversions and what not.

The difference is their media/politicians are not sickulars or cowards like Hindu idiots.:frusty:

10. SREEKAR

SREEKAR Senior Member Senior Member

what India will get from this rallies?
    Nothing...Muslims staying here will lose their trust on us and may turn against us..
    So let be quiet .
    @saty when time comes we may start..but now ..its Big no from my side.
    I don't know whats running in u r head.

11. Nuvneet Kundu

Can you give me an example of some actions that brave Hindus like you have taken so that us idiot Hindus could take some tips and learn?

tsunami and Srinivas_K like this.
  12. SREEKAR

SREEKAR Senior Member Senior Member

You nailed it...

13. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

I did my personal level all my friends/relatives are sicuklars before not now ..... btw why are you/many cowards islamic apologetic?

Or

if you want me to do high level (state/cental level) wait for me to become a PM one day i'll definitely BAN Islam :)

14. Nuvneet Kundu

My notification tab shows that you have upvoted and more than 50+ of my articles on this forum and at least 8 just yesterday. So I was brave until yesterday and magically became a coward today morning because I disagreed with your article today? Damn! someone must have cast a magic spell on me. :pound:

15. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Why are you taking everything personal?:pound:Yes every islamo apologetic is a coward......

btw

You people want some changes in islam i want total ban,many times i said some muzzies are good but in general islam is a cult,kuran is a terror Manuel and they must be banned.

16. Nuvneet Kundu

Can you point me to any post I have made anywhere on this forum where I have been an Islam apologist?

This is what I said :

Those claiming Europe to be India's friend because of a shared enemy need to have a more nuanced view. They are both our enemies. A country is capable of having multiple enemies, let's not give a free pass to anyone just because they are at odds with another of our enemy. It's a boxing match with 5 players in the ring and the winner will be the last man standing; No one is anyone's friend in the ring. If Europe is throwing a punch at Islam, it's Europe's win. It's not going to yield any dividends for us. If we want action, we need to throw some punches of our own. We can't be fence-sitters forever.

Which part of this is Islam apologist? It's saying the exact same thing that you are saying. Where do you see the divergence?

17. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Why not do a rally or whatever but we should let patriot musalman out of it,their exist a good number of musalman who will offer their head for Bharat and put India before Islam.

Moreover we should save them extremists filth.

18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

There are enough religion threads already. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.