Anti-immigration drive: Now, Indians can't work in UK after studies

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by trackwhack, Apr 5, 2012.

1. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

Anti-immigration drive: Now, Indians can't work in UK after studies - The Times of India

Awesome, maybe some of the good brains will decide to stay back in India. Hope even the US passes such a law.

Koovie likes this.
  3. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Blessing in disguise.

trackwhack likes this.
  4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Good move for India. Like trackwhack and Messiah say, I hope they stick to it, and I wish the US does something similar too.

There were some noises made by Sibal about inviting foreign universities to set up shop here in India. About time they went forward on that. We can earn some forex instead of blowing it up.

The Messiah likes this.
  5. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

There are already few institures that teach course from foreign universities and degree is also same as given to regular students in foreign university.

6. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

kya bakwas ha. Its not only for Indians but for all Non -EU countries..

I support this decision.but UK should have done this atleast 10 yrs back.

aab to gaand mach gaya ha UK me

7. Oracle

Oracle New Member

This is a bad move on part of the UK. It would reduce competitiveness of UK companies with respect to companies from other countries. It's bad news for India too, as foreign remittances would drop, and I am talking about billions here.

The situation is alarming, UK is axing it's own foot.

US is US before of immigrants. They are not fools.

8. Blackwater

no good brains will not come to India they will deviate to Canada or Australia or US.

BTW UK Govt have curbed this for students who come to UK for settle down not for study..

There was increasing number of fake students and fake colleges.there main aim was to settle down in UK not study.

If u wana study in UK u r stilll most welcome but study and get out of UK

Oracle likes this.
  9. Blackwater

nahi oracle read my post 7. US is big country UK is small.they have to protect their own janta

UK want Quality people to settle down or work in UK not Tom,D.i.c.k And Harry as it was earlier

south asians has abused the UK immigration system and student visa system a lot and after that wat u expect from goras

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I agree with your post Paaji. But, every action has a reaction. IMHO, UK is not ruled by efficient administrators. They are just going by.

11. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

This is good move

The billions can be generated by our Indian company when they spend their mind's here. I dont care a $h!t about UK or US or even their citizens thats their govt job

12. Blackwater

see how badly our south asians abuse immigration system that they make a gora priest corrupt. they made him involve in fake marriages.

Vicar and fixer jailed over sham marriages in London

[​IMG]

A vicar has been jailed for four-and-a-half years for his role in about 200 sham marriages that took place in an east London church.

Brian Shipsides, 56, presided over the marriages in All Saints Church in Forest Gate between December 2007 and August 2010, the court heard.

He had admitted one count of conspiracy to facilitate unlawful immigration.

Amudalat Ladipo, 32, who acted as the "marriage fixer" was jailed for three years, convicted of the same charge.

Prosecutors told Inner London Crown Court the vicar, of Forest Gate, netted more than £30,000 for his "meticulously planned and carefully orchestrated" scheme.

Ladipo, a Nigerian mother-of-two, of Plaistow, was sentenced to a further 18 months for a second count of possessing a false identity document. Both sentences will run concurrently.

During two-and-a-half years, the number of marriages at the Forest Gate church rose from 15 ceremonies taking place in the previous two years to almost 250, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

'Arrogance and greed'
    Jailing Shipsides, Judge Peter Grobel said: "Your important role in this conspiracy was a disgraceful abuse of your calling as an ordained minister of the church.

"These marriages took place in your church. Your church where you had been the priest in charge for many years.

"Your criminal conduct appears to have been motivated as much by arrogance as by greed."

Up to seven sham marriages took place on one day in the church during Shipsides' tenure, the judge added.

The court heard Shipsides deliberately omitted to read wedding banns and avoided submitting records about the number of marriages being conducted at the church.

The weddings were largely between Nigerians and European Union citizens, a majority involving a Portuguese or Dutch national, to get a UK residency.

Ladipo was the "marriage fixer"
    But the number of weddings raised concerns in the church.

David Walbank, prosecuting, said: "In at least one instance, such a concern was felt about one particular wedding that Rev Shipsides was instructed in terms that it should not go ahead.

"He responded in due course that he had cancelled that wedding. That was a lie.

"He had in fact gone ahead and conducted the ceremony despite being instructed not to do so."

The vicar also exploited a "loophole" in which the Church of England is not required to obtain a certificate of approval from the Home Office ahead of a marriage, Mr Walbank said.

When officers arrived at the church in July 2010 three bogus weddings were scheduled to take place.

Shipsides, who appears in the Guinness Book of World Records for officiating at the wedding of the world's tallest married couple in 2001, was suspended in August 2010 following his arrest.

Andy Russell, who led the UK Border Agency's investigation, said: "The scale of the abuse was staggering."

bbc.com

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Don't be ignorant. The IT industry depends on US for 60-70% of it's yearly exports.

14. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Paaji, more than Indians it's the Pakis and the Bangladeshis. This and many such laws are also aimed at nullyifying the effect of Londonistan.

15. utubekhiladi

utubekhiladi The Preacher Elite Member

payback for rejecting Typhoon? :troll:

anyways, this is a good news for India as whole if you know what i mean :troll:

16. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

This will hurt British universities. They will lose billions if people study
    in other countries that have a future.

Oracle likes this.
  17. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I was about to make this point.

British Universities have already started to complain about the new laws. Let's see what happens.

LETHALFORCE likes this.
  18. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

This will hurt remittance back to India and uni funds, but it is good for both nations.

19. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

Total remittances to India in the entire year of 2011 was about $50 billion. Consider even 50% of that is from UK = 25 billion. Consider that entire 25 billion stops from tomorrow. You think we will feel an impact. Consider we do now. Do you think we will feel an impact in 5 years from now when our economy is twice the size and the financial impact of these rules kick in.

Foreign remittance to India is given undue importance. The way I look at remittance is it helps pay off our gold bill.

20. Blackwater

this will hurt those fake universities or colleges which were opened only for this cause.

Established universities will still continue to get Quality students

21. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

How will this impact current remittance?? Future remittance I can understand( might be insignificant??)
    But why would it hurt remittance by people already graduated and employed in UK??