Another Solider Martyred by Pakistan Sniper

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by hit&run, Aug 25, 2015.

1. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Previously

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...tani-snipers-kill-indian-army-soldier-2109638

These spineless Pakistani reptiles have killed another son of the soil who was doing his duty at the border in cold blood.

RIP to the Martyr, your sacrifice will count no matter what.
    After Pakistani government has called off the talks, any benefit of doubt that could have been remaining in minds of those who think there are some people who may reciprocate the feeling in Pakistan now should fade away.

3. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

RIP !

4. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Somebody has been violating the SOP.

5. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

Rest in Peace!!

I think, Ind and Pak are fighting a low level skirmish without crossing the LOC and IB. To me it looks like a new method of engagement with Pakistan.

6. Yumdoot

Yumdoot Regular Member

Now the pakis will come on the thread demanding that they be treated like humans. And then somebody will come hyperventilating under the belief that chilla-chilli will make him more patriotic.

You are serious, just remember this and account for it when the day comes.

7. SREEKAR

SREEKAR Senior Member Senior Member

If I were NSA as each soldier martyred each hub-ul-watan pakistani supporters should shot in head!!
    @hit&run Whats our govt and IA snipers doing now retailation or complaing

8. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Where are our snipers. they kill 1 we should kill 10

raja696 likes this.
  9. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

1. Time and again it has been discussed and debated here that InA lack equipment, resources and may be training. I have few harsh assertion but I will keep those to myself.

2.Lack of Political will. Modi is turning out to be more a politician than more a nationalist. I think central government should be elected for at least 6 years and defense should be directly under army. Also the biggest blunder Modi government has already done is forming an alliance with PDP which is going to haunt the nation big time in near future.

3. There is endemic confusion in Indians, opinion makers and Media (for obvious reasons) that no policy or road map is visible against varying Pakistan aggression. It looks like Soldier's life is quite cheap to Indians, opinion makers and Media crooks who prefer scoring debate points, trolling than pulling the GoI in one voice or demanding an action. Every time whenever a strong message is hurled at Pakistan all pussy footers start swarming in TV studios to call for restraint, caution and usual anti Modi rants. For last few weeks Congress-I spokesperson looked like speaking for Pakistan.

raja696 likes this.
  10. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

It was the Indian Army which let down the Political Leadership post Parliament Attack. Operation Parakram put huge Question Mark over IA's operational preparedness and it is speculated that India decided against hot pursuit post 26/11 because our decision makers had their doubts regarding it's success.

I believe that British Training still runs deep through the veins of our officers. I doubt whether we will ever be able turn the IA into an expeditionary force.

Current government has given a free hand and all the decisions are being made at tactical level. If the Institution is still unable to deliver then this is a matter of great concern. Blame for lack of equipment must be equally shared by the arm-chair generals who cannot concretely pen-down the requirements.

FRYCRY likes this.
  11. SREEKAR

YES!! but we don't equipment training for snipers..thats it.Our armed forces are always incomplete sector.:frusty:

12. tharun

tharun Patriot

Yes absolutely,pakis where using .50BMG snipers . we are still using useless SVD's

13. Spindrift

Spindrift Regular Member

Also, as far as i know we do not even have proper shooting ranges for long range sniping training\practice.

14. indiatester

indiatester Regular Member

But isn't this a fairly simple problem to fix? This must be easy enough to be taken care of in the existing funds.

15. tsunami

tsunami Regular Member

Practicing for Olympics I guess :facepalm:

16. SREEKAR

No they were using dragunov (russian rifle)....While on amarnath trip I saw our IA guy with this obselete sniper rifle...Even in pakistan their army men are equiped better than ours( if we take as an fact)..we use just head gear not even bullet proof....Some member on PDF posted a pic of army ssg where they were better equip than their indian counterparts.( not to forget their helmet have cam tooo.)

17. SREEKAR

World's third largest army doesn't have proper infrastructure for sniper training???Buddy snipers are most game changers in modern warfare...instead of buying tavaor from isreal they can make way with new gun resently released by DRDO to save funds and raise proper training facility for them:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

18. Immanuel

Immanuel Senior Member Senior Member

RIP the brave Officer martyred. Lets not blow things out of proportion. Yes, IA does need new gen sniper rifles and its slow in inducting new equipment due to several factors and that needs to be addressed by the MOD and better management at IA. You can be sure, this act has already been retaliated. Keep in mind the Porkis have a media blackout along the LOC, we almost never hear of their losses. You can be sure, they would have lost 10 of theirs for the 1 we lost.That's said we do need a make in India .50 caliber Anti material rifle. At Infantry squad level we do need a new gen sniper rifle.

.50 BMG: New versions of Barrett M82/M107 come to mind
    Squad Sniper: SCAR SSR comes to mind

19. SREEKAR

what factors? Indian army doen't have bullet proof helmets and BP vest( those we seen in COIN videos are just magzine holder.

20. Immanuel

Immanuel Senior Member Senior Member

There are private manufacturers ready to supply these from the word GO. India's MKU for instance has one of the world's largest installed capacities for helmets and BPJs. Most of such deals are just stalled at various stages from trials to bids. Most of IA's needs can be met if they stop their obsession with trails, BPJ acquisition was cleared by DAC in 2013 and IA is still busy at the moment with trials and evaluations. IA's inner workings at the highest level are slow and in-efficient.

21. SREEKAR

:facepalm::facepalm:When these guys gonna learn some thing from other countries?