Another assault on free speech while BJP watches silently

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/rajya-sabha-unanimously-passes-sc/st-bill_1836972.html

The new offences added to the act under the Bill include garlanding with footwear, compelling to dispose or carry human or animal carcasses, or do manual scavenging, abusing SCs or STs by caste name in public, attempting to promote feelings of ill-will against SCs or STs or disrespecting any deceased person held in high esteem, and imposing or threatening a social or economic boycott.

#################################################

So, one cannot criticize Ambedkar or Kanshi Ram!!!

I can see where such laws will go in the future.

DingDong likes this.
  3. Agnostic_Indian

Agnostic_Indian Regular Member

How did you come to the conclusion that one can't criticise ambedkar ?

Screambowl likes this.
  4. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Criticism by one person can be seen as disrespect by another. It is all going down slippery slope from there.

Right now they throw people behind bars when they call Mohammed a gay due to threat to social harmony. I see this law would be used as a pretext to further stifle criticism of any form by extension to other communities and people.

Alien and parijataka like this.
  5. Agnostic_Indian

If sombody can criticises responsibily and backup his arguement then i don't see any problem. Courts will surely look at the language, intention, occation etc too..courts in the past has pulled up the cops for arresting people for perfectly all right fackbook comments etc. Cant remember the exact incident though.

Screambowl likes this.
  6. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

It is just another law to harass people. It will be misused like all other previous laws.

There should not be such a law to allow for court case to begin with.

7. Agnostic_Indian

Then how do we make sure that people won't abuse each others prophets, gods, leaders etc ? As far as i am concerned i am all for criticism of anybody or anything but hate writings, abusive language etc needs to be stopped.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  8. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

I do not think that it needs to be stopped. People need to grow thick skin and avoid things they are uncomfortable with.

parijataka likes this.
  9. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It is easy to say, "courts will decide by looking at all aspects". You are probably unaware of the immense hassle and stress of going to court and fighting a case.

I have filed a case on a person for cheque bounce. I am not even the accused here, I am the complainant. Still, it has completely disgusted and drained me out. It is not easy, trust me.

Dragging someone to court is a sure way of harassment and disruption of the person's career etc. Don't take it lightly.

By the way, since we have this law now, I wonder what will happen to all the assholes who use words like "Bhangi", "chamar", "chink!" etc. freely as an abuse, even while discussing among friends. Quite a few DFI folk would be arrested and harassed, if one were to take the time out to subject them to the harassment.

10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

My family members were booked in a local village level election brawl when they were not even involved in anything some 5 years back. The case is very weak but has dragged on since past 6 years!!

11. Agnostic_Indian

Yeh i completely understand your point that the legal process is very difficult to go through, i think only solution is well defined laws and also guidelines to police. After all not having any law at all also is not good.
    Talking among friends is different than posting in public forum right ? friends circle wont mind a few foul words used in friendly chats. But posting in public forums needs to be in more responsible manner and language. Those guys who cant complete a sentence without including a abuse is going to be in trouble ☺.

12. Agnostic_Indian

Really ? This is a country where movies like Pk and vishwaroopam is getting into trouble with out even doing much to provoke the religious groups. If people start calling abusive names and words ( not criticism but real dirty foul language) and there is no law to stop it then its going to be a verbal war, then physical war then clashes and riots.

13. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Guessing!! This law is only for Political leaders/parties (coming UP&other state elections).

Our secular leaders never rise pedophile,terrorist,child molester Prophet&his followers but ready to abuse any LC/SC/ST people&their leaders to gain or consolidate votes. To prevent these circumstances/riots/hate this law is passed. :)

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

This is just the beginning. You would see similar laws passed in the future and you would be jailed for posts like the one above.

15. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

From past few months secular people & leaders ready to rise the SC/ST bogey so that they can rule us like before so BJP for Hindu unity(break caste lines) passed this bill.

Note There is a huge difference b/w I or you calling some one as bangi/chinky/muzzie etc and leaders using same words (indirectly).

16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

And how exactly does this bill promote Hindu unity?

17. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

India itself is a united Hindu country :p

It is a PREVENTIVE step.Before some leader/party rising the LC/SC/ST issue BJP preventing them by bill.Prevention is better than cure.

I'm 200% sure about this if you don't believe as your wish.

18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Given that it passed without a debate in RS, should give you enough hint on who is to gain by such laws.

parijataka likes this.
  19. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Surprise surprise, the snake oil salesman and closet islamist @Agnostic_Indian is defending this attack on freedom of speech and expression. Of course, no one should criticise the pedophile mass murdering psycho for what he is, as that is hate speech. If thats the case, Muzzies should not be allowed to even pray, which is all about their psycho god granting them victory over inferior polythiests and jews.

BJPigs and RSS chaddis works in mysterious ways to bring together their true secularism once again. @VIP will now come and defend what a great move this is since chaddiwallahs helped make this law come true too.:lol:

DingDong likes this.
  20. Agnostic_Indian

Thanks for proving my point again. This exactly is i meant by hate posts with ill intention.

Some how this person thinks that only muslims and their prophet can be abused in this manner and hindu gods and godess, other leaders like amberdker etc @ are immune from such attacks and this law will only protect muslims propht and thier belifs from abuse. Very understandbly he is very upset about law because he is not capable of forming a sentance with out abusing others.like smoking or alcoholism he is addicted to abusive language.

He is even ready let others abuse hindu gods and godesses and other socio political leaders just to keep his " fundamental right to abuse". When he says freedom of speech, he just meant freedom to hate speech because he doesn't recognise or capable of any speech other than hate speech..both are same for him unlike our constitution. Look at the situation here, i was expressing my opinion about the necessity of this law because it protects every eminient persons of every community from being abused, not just muslims, I haven't even talked anything about muslims here.

Finally just like a absence of law/ actions to prevent abuseive language in society will force people to defend themselvs by responding in similar manner by abusing the abuser's religion/sect or leaders etc, Absense of action and punishment for repetdly using abusive/offensive language is forcing others to defend themselves by abusing in return. report button has become a joke.

21. Agnostic_Indian

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad
    @pmaitra
    Quiet evidently the poster is either not aware of the law or not afraid of the law( not forum rules by indian laws). If not for maintaining the forum at least stop these people from the chance of hurting themselves and the forum also if by any remote chance law enforcement guys notice their posts like @Bangalorean pointed out.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015