Another anti-Bal Thackeray Facebook post from Palghar

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Someone playing the fool. Really no dearth of criminal idiots.

________

THANE: In yet another case emerging from Palghar town in the district, police here have received a complaint about some "objectionable" matter relating to late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray posted on a "fake" Facebook account of a local newspaper.

Mohammed Hussain Nadi Sarwar Khan (30), editor of "Palghar Mirror", a fortnightly newspaper in Hindi and Marathi, complained to police that a fake Facebook account had been opened in his newspaper's name and objectionable photo and comments were posted against Thackeray.

"Last night, I was told that objectionable comments and photo were posted against Thackeray in my Palghar Mirror account on Facebook. When I saw it, I realised that my original account was not used but the hacker created another account in my newspaper's name. At about 3.30 am, I went to the police station and gave a written complaint," Khan told PTI.

But now, the fake account could not be seen as it appears to have been deactivated by the hacker, Hussain added.

"We have received an application mentioning about the objectionable comments and photo against Thackeray on fake Facebook account. We are inquiring into the matter," an officer at Palghar police station said.

This is the second complaint at the police station involving "objectionable" content against Bal Thackeray.

Earlier, two girls Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after Dhada had criticised in a Facebook post the November 18 the shutdown due to Thackeray's funeral. Shrinivasan had 'liked' the post. The two were later granted bail after they were remanded in 14-day judicial custody.

Though Dhada did not name Thackeray, a local Sena leader complained against the girls and police arrested the duo on November 19, sparking an outcry.

A 19-year-old boy Sunil Vishwakarma from Palghar had been detained by police on the suspicion of posting an "objectionable" Facebook comment against MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday and let off the next day after police found that a "fake account" was used by some persons in the teenager's name.

Maharashtra government had on Tuesday suspended the two police officers, SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle, for arresting the girls.

A bandh was observed at Palghar town in adjoining Thane district yesterday following a call by Shiv Sena against the suspension of the two police officers.

Another anti-Bal Thackeray Facebook post from Palghar - The Times of India on Mobile

3. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Like I said, lets see if Police has balls to fill their prisons over internet posts.

4. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

This needs to become high-profile. Someone inform the Anonymous IRC about this suppression of freedom of speech. Overnight, there will be thousands of Facebook pages criticizing Thackeray....lets see how many people the authorities can arrest. They'll make fools of themselves if they start issuing extradition requests for hundreds of foreigners participating in "Operation Thackeray" :lol:

5. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Now, someone actually covered up his tracks. The police are clueless. :lol:

6. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

When a professor was arrested in WB for forwarding a cartoon of Mamata, there was a sudden rise in anti-Mamata posts over internet. It will happen everytime they do the mistake.

Snuggy321 likes this.
  7. Victor Sierra

Victor Sierra Regular Member

People & Media should know the meaning of Hacker.

This act doesn't tell that the fake account holder was a hacker.

Now this is the time for Police to take action.

8. Victor Sierra

Victor Sierra Regular Member

No idea about Thackrey, but Shiv Sena is coming on target.