Announcement by the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, to converts

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by bhramos, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

3. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Strange decision, Caste is not supposed to be a part of Chrsitianity, which is why the come under the minority quota. This makes them get sc/st and a minority quota. Want there a court ruling against this?

Edit: it seems this has been going from 2012.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  4. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

5. acetophenol

acetophenol Regular Member

minority scholarships are given to muslims and converted christians in unis all over TN.You won't get it straight,there are lot of conditions. Its nothing to make a fuss about.

6. Free Karma

That is present all over India I think. The problem I see here is the extension of SC/ST scholarships to minorities. Which becomes a double advantage,also note, that it mentions only converted christians, not muslims.

7. acetophenol

It should be no problem at all. There are umpteen number of scholarships on different basis. One should even bother to blow up petty stuff like these.

8. Free Karma

How is it petty? then it would be no issue to remove it too no?

Do you realize the large number of people who are forced to go to out despite getting good marks because of this bs reservation system?

Some people are deemed "special" and have an minority quota, an sc/st quota *and* also the general quota, while some people can only get scholarships through the general quota. If you dont think this is favoritism and open advocation for conversions with a carrot from the govt I dont know what to call it.

Vishwarupa and TrueSpirit1 like this.
  9. TrueSpirit1

TrueSpirit1 The Nobody Banned

@acetophenol is a beneficiary of this system. It's natural that he does not believe in merit & fair competition.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. acetophenol

I would support you in scrapping this entire reservations and quota bullsh!t. I was questioning the way issue is addressed in this thread. Having a post of a notice from a university and making it sound like that university doing some favour to those converted christians. Had it been in the paki forum,now I would be battling some elite,septic tank paki idiots on how the evil yindoo south indian university is not forcing Indian students to convert themselves to christianity.
    Someone must open a seperate thread for discusing the issue of scrapping reservations and quotas,and close this thread.

11. acetophenol

I was born a muslim,and it has made me eligible for my share of quotas and reservations. Personally, I do feel that we must scrap the quotas and reservations systems based on birth,and as I suggested before,we should have a separate thread for that discussion.
    And I do believe in merit & fair competition.
    P.S.:Even though I am eligible for "quotas,reservations and scholarships",so far I have not been benefited by them.

12. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

There is no such thing as "fair" competition, one section of the society holds the advantage of over 2000 yrs.

Reservation is a must to prevent to the further monopolisation of power and influence by the forward castes, who are already monopolising it a lot. There is a reason IITs are called Iyengar Institute of Technology and the blatant discrimination done in the places with no reservations, like AIIMS, JIPMER etc. AIIMS even has "Brahmin" and "Non-Brahmin" dining areas.

Propaganda can go only so far :rolleyes:

13. Mad Indian

And reservations kill merit because?:rolleyes:

Despite reservation, SCs/STs still need 190/200 cut off for getting into the medical colleges in TN. That is meritorious enough, if it will mean that enough no. of SC/STs are represented in the medical community. Ditto, for other professions too.

So this merit and fairness is pure propaganda Bull by the FCs to maintain/increase their domination of poltiics, power, wealth and influence. Dont fall for it.

PS: I am no SC/ST and have not used reservation myself, but I am not an idiot either. Hope you wisen up too and not fall for the media propaganda(which again is monopolised by the FCs)

14. Mad Indian

And despite 67 years of Independance, we are yet to have a lower caste PM or correct me if I am wrong!

This is despite the fact that 85 % of the population is lower caste. Understand how much of politics/influence/power is dominated by the FCs

15. TrueSpirit1

It is a completely flawed policy & any affirmative action should only take economic background into account.

Ask aloud on DFI, if anyone has ever heard of it :rolleyes: Trust me, majority is unaware of any such caricature...

Complete BS....can you show something supporting this assertion.

What I said applies for you: Being a beneficiary of this system, it's natural that ..............Let me know if are not a beneficiary :lol:

Free Karma likes this.
  16. Mad Indian

Yeah, so that only FCs can monopolize the Political power, influence, education and money. Thats what I said :rolleyes:
    I have close relative who have studied/worked in those places. So I know what they are like. As I said, Propaganda can only take so far
    Many of my seniors have discontinued their course in AIIMS for the same reason(which is the blatant discrimination against the non-brahmins). As I said, propaganda does not work on people who have seen the ugly reality.
    I am a beneficiery but have not taken the benefits of it. And I have vowed not to take benefit of it. This is not for some high moral ground but for the fact that if some one like me, who can hold his own against the FC bigots does not use up his reservation, it might go to some one who might not be in a position to do it himself.:taunt:

OH btw, you completely missed(Intentionally perhaps because what I said was true) replying for this post:eyebrows:

17. TrueSpirit1

My sympathies for reserved castes but you got to rise above this petty mentality & acrimony...it has not done any good to anyone.

18. Mad Indian

But one encouraging thing to see though is the that, in places like TN atleast, the lower castes are fast catching up with the FCs. For instance, of the eight people who got state first in cut off for entrance into MBBS, 7 were from BC(me included in case if @TrueSpirit1 are wondering;)) and one was from SC. So the situation now is not bad as it was during independance, when the FC monopolised so much so that the only people from SCs/BCs to enter the professions were through reservations.

But this is not enough, despite being only 2% of the population of TN, FCs manage to get atleast 10% of the jobs/seats etc, despite the open quota being only 31%. What it means is that, despite being only 2% of population, they manage a sizeable 33% of the open quota. the only logical conclusion is that the 2000 years of disparity has not been removed by the few years of reservations/education and has only reduced it.

Hence, reservation is a must till the lower castes have been uplifted enough to stand toe to toe with the FCs, who btw have an unfair advantage of over a 2000 yr head start.

19. Mad Indian

I have to rise above the petty mentality?

yeah right, I am the one who is discriminating in AIIMS/IITs:rolleyes:

Stop your FC brethren from blatant discrimination and then may be people like me will buy their propaganda:thumb:

20. Free Karma

Lets put this is perspective.

That actually reinforces how skewed the system is. I dont know about the medical field, but I've been through the system in engineering. a difference of 0.1 makes a massive difference. between getting a course and being made to go to a second tier college.

For example, by the time people who've got 196-197 are called in, all the seats in anna univ have already gone if your FC, even at 198, only courses like Textile technology remain, ECE (which is one of the most desired courses) you have no hope of getting a shot if your score is above 199.5 (the cut-off for most cases)

Anna University cut off marks 20121 - Electronics & Communication Engineering - Chennai Region

Cut-off for FC(i.e general quota, includes everyone else)= 199.5! You basically need a near perfect score
    Cut-off for ST= 185.25
    Cut-off for BC=199.25
    Cut-off for MBC=198.75

The very first week of counselling, there are multiple batches have differences of 0.15 or even lower, depending on the performance of that years students. So in that respect, a lower cut-off, coupled with preventing other candidates from choosing these seats is unfair, and is definitely not meritorious either.

If your going to use the argument of uplifting people, then yes it does have some purpose,though at the cost of people, some sc/sts are very poor and probably do need some help.Even then there are rich people who benefit from it when they really dont need the boost, and there are plenty of poor brahmins/FC who really need the help but are shafted by the system, even after performing well.

But to call it a good fair system, that rewards merit is not right.

The govt even acknowledged that some of the FC needed help because they were so poor, that their classification was changed over to BC, that should tell you that there is something wrong with the system using the historical caste based system (I think this happened with some brahmins from Kanchpuram, but I'm not exactly sure about who ti was) Plus far from eliminating caste, it serves to create divides between people, who till from teh time of entering college really dont care about caste at all these days.

Edit:This should probably be merged with the reservation sticky, thread has changed direction.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  21. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I take it that it would be OK given that they must be having a Minority Status.