Anna or Baba

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sikh_warrior, Jun 8, 2011.

?

who is honest in fighting corruption in india?

1. Anna

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Baba

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Both are NOT honest

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Both are honest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cant say/Dont know

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Sikh_warrior

Sikh_warrior Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

please cast your vote with a honest reason for choosing the person whom you would support!

honest answer please:thumb:

3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

There should also be a no one option, or still better a do not know option.

pmaitra and plugwater like this.
  4. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Darth Vader !

[​IMG]

--

Although I do support that there should be 'Honestly I don't know' or 'Whatever Facebook pages say' option :thumb:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    plugwater likes this.
  5. Marius Saturninus

Marius Saturninus Regular Member

if i have to choose between the two, Anna would definitely get my vote ;)

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

whoever votes for baba isn't fit to cast votes in democratic India IMO.

Singh likes this.
  7. bhaagdkbose

bhaagdkbose Tihar Jail Banned

Both r equally inportant and r doing their best.... Baba ramdev's escape made me a little suspicious of his behaviour ... But still... I vote for both of them...

maomao likes this.
  8. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

If someone is so dumb as to not know, they shouldn't be voting anyway! :p

9. sanjay

sanjay Regular Member

Obviously, most of us are going to vote for Anna over Ramdev or Rahul Baba

10. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Haha yes you said the truth ! no doubt i am voting for Anna !

11. jyoti rathi

jyoti rathi Regular Member

Why are you making it as a election ...........its not that any individual can bring the change ..............so here its the strength of the people those who are supporting him otherwise even alone he can not do anything. So my vote is for all those who are standing for the cause and that is we "PEOPLE".

12. A chauhan

Well i forgot to put the reasons for my voting in Anna's favour as the thread starter asked, they are as follows:-

1. Way of Protest:- Anna's way of protest is a well studied way with support of constitution itself, while Baba speaks in such a manner that it appears to be non constitutional way.

2.Truthfulness,honesty and dare:- Anna is no doubt a bold person more than Ramdev or anyone in the country, he speaks the truth without any fear.He asked for the permission for protest from the Govt. though he knew that he will face grievous challenges in getting it.While Baba started his protest in the name of Yog Shivira [tried to hide actual intentions of protesting] .everyone knows he ran away to "save his life" or to escape the arrest.

3.Qualification and historical background:- Anna is perhaps Seventh passed but he has served Indian Army too and was posted in Khem Karan sector at the time of Indo-Pak war of 1965 and in that war one bullet passed his head , he was the only survivor of his group, but what he has studied is staunch patriotism and for that he hasn't infringed any law yet.On the other hand Baba Ramdev is a very famous man studied Sanskrit and Yoga and his name shines even more than that of Maharshi Patanjali himself, no doubt Baba is one of the gems of India but it appears through his comments that he has neither studied the Indian constitution nor he knows about it.

4.Knowledge of the issue at hand:- Anna seems to have a full knowledge of the issue at hand in spite of his low educational standards, he has the company of Arvind Kejariwal who has deep knowledge of India constitution without the degree of LL.B..While Baba Ramdev speaks in exaggerated ways and hardly refers to the constitution.

5.Comments and nature of words spoken:- Anna speaks with a sense of complete responsibility but some of the speeches of Baba Ramdev appears irresponsible talks, like when he said that "he would build a Sena and train it with knowledge of Arms etc."

6.Impact on people and supporters with ultimate outcome:-Both Anna and Baba have full impact on people and supporters but Anna's influence has emerged in such a way that people now are comparing him with Bapu Mahatma Gandhi himself and it explains what image Anna has in the minds of the people. I can safely assert if you support Anna then there will be no danger to your life and assets but i can express my doubt that if you support Baba you may even be prosecuted for getting military training in his "Sena" campaign.

I support both for their work and love towards country but i would rather choose Anna as he is the winner.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  13. jyoti rathi

Chauhan are u a gandhi follower but sorry not me...........if u see then i think even "THE GARAM DAL" in our history should get due consideration..........im not saying that anna is right or baba is right but both have different point of view.........and no one can justify somebody as right or wrong other then he/she. The heads in which u had given justification that anna is right , im sure some baba follower can write for him in same way. I m just giving my point and nothing hold against ur belief..................

14. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

[hl]Poll modified to include more options. Anyone who has already cast his/her vote can PM mods to change if required.[/hl]

15. jyoti rathi

If today I ask u to vote between A. raja and Kalmadi then whom will u vote...........i hope no one out of these two, so in same manner if some one is going for a third option how can u call him a dumb?.......just because he is not saying what the whole nation is saying. I think that if we are here to discussion then nobody is dumb or perfect in what ever they express..........I hope I was not rude here but that statement should totally be not acceptable to the person for whom u had mentioned. I felt what I said.........nothing personal.

16. jyoti rathi

there r always three options every where like win, loose or draw.....................seconded by me

17. A chauhan

Naah i only wanted to show their impact on the public, i said they both are right, but Baba's exaggerated way of speaking and his lack of constitutional knowledge is not welcomed among the followers, i think Baba should consult his advocate before giving speeches in the public or he should speak less to avoid undesired outcomes. Chidambaram in one of his statement before the press clearly warned him "Let him do so and make 'Sena'[army] then law will do the job" and after that i saw Baba changed his statement, supported and backed up his statement with religious Hindu beliefs.

@Yusuf thanks for adding new options as it was declaring one of the competitor dishonest which is not the truth both are honest.

And for national movements like this the only thing which matters is the Honest Aim of protest, and not the honesty or character of the leader, so far as i know is that a convicted + punished criminals too have fundamental rights to protest for right causes.

18. jyoti rathi

I agree.........baba surrendered because no one was talking to him and not even noticing so if he would not have finished his fast he would have been dead..............i m always suspicious about the these fasts being legit or seroius ones..........lol.............behind the tent ice-cream and pastries....lol

19. A chauhan

Lols hahahahhha

20. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

I think between the two, Baba was dishonest. His intent was purely political as he envisaged a political career for himself with his stated intent of fighting the 2014 election. It was merely a publicity stunt which actually backfired as he now finds himself in a lot of controversy about the very black money that he kept talking about.

Singh likes this.
  21. A chauhan

Oh i didn't know about Baba's decision of fighting elections, it should be taken into the consideration.