Anna Hazare bashing by Karan Thapar and Digvijay

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Tronic, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Just reading through this, it was ironic, a guest called, not to talk about himself on Karan Thapar's show, but rather to sit down and jointly try to decredit and malign Anna Hazare's character. It would have been much more apt had Karan asked the same questions to Anna Hazare himself, rather than portray a negative character of him, in the manner which he did. So much for neutrality Karan!

3. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

These people have a great misconception that people of India can be mislead forever.

4. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

they cant malign anna hazare, they cant malign the motive of the movement, so what next? malign any and every thing other than those two who was/were associated with that movement. this is just the beginning.

the other day rahul gandhi had something to say on him not attempting to be a hero but quietly working to clean up the rot.............. oh really! is it so "mr youth icon" of india, its certainly not the people of india who tagged you that, may be diggy raja has an answer for that as well, now that we dont expect much from you rahul baba other than be a player to all the recorded messages to all that you get told by certain advisors.

atleast now one knows where does the loyalties of certain jurnos and media houses rests and for whom they work for, our so called free and independent media!

5. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

They CAN malign Hazare. (due to his history)

But, they CAN'T malign movement.

And they can't malign few people like Kiran Bedi backing this Bill.

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

An old preacher was dying. He sent a message for his banker and his lawyer, both church members, to come to his home.
    When they arrived, they were ushered up to his bedroom. As they entered the room, the preacher held out his hands and motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed. The preacher grasped
    their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled, and stared at the ceiling. For a time, no one said anything.Both the banker and lawyer were touched and flattered that the preacher would ask them to be with him during his final moments. They were also puzzled; the preacher had never given them any indication that he particularly liked either of them. They both remembered his many long, uncomfortable sermons about greed, covetousness, and avaricious behavior that made them squirm in their seats.
    Finally, the banker said, "Preacher, why did you ask us to come?"

The old preacher mustered up his strength and then said weakly, "Jesus died between two thieves, and that's how I want to go."

7. amitkriit

Real mass revolution doesn't require a leader, look at Egypt for an example, and I believe in this war against corruption we people are united. These statements and interviews will have no impact when people of India are aware of the real situation.

8. nrj

Working class Indians are very exactly aware of real situation.

They won't get carried away by shiny posters on public places nor by vilificating television interviews.

If its a War, its a war within.

Focus on defining villains & hero will be resulting in social/political chaos which no one can afford.

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Well, Digvijay Singh is a bit of a loose Scud missile and reminds me of the what Voltaire said.

He said - “In my life, I have prayed but one prayer: oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it.”

The Almighty has answered through the creation of this foot in the mouth disease called Digvijay Singh though he is no enemy of mine. He is just a comic relief to the mundane called life.

The Govt is so keen to spread canards and defame all in the Movement and also doing its best to create fissures between them and between them and the people.

One does not know how finally this will all pan out, but if the Bill is not passed, then we can sit back and enjoy the corruption till we are six feet down and pushing Daises up.

Our national heroes could then be Rajas and Hassan Alis, not forgetting Kalmadis and Bawlas.

10. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

with the advent of the internet television is not the only medium through which views are formed .Congress is yet to realize that

11. amitkriit

Media and corporate has joined hands with the government in this mission called "Defame the anti-corruption movement". I don't think the opposition wants the "jan Lokpal Bill" either. I am 99.99% sure that this bill will not become law, because our politicians will not let it pass in parliament.

12. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Agree with you . Once it becomes effective it will screw happiness of all politicians as well as corporates. Corporate malpractices will also come under Lokpal and hence this tie up to malign them.

13. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Any govt with a succession of scam involving crores of taxpayers money would have collapsed due to public pressure but India's harsh reality is that people just want to forget these.I wonder if we ever come close to Nordic countries in controlling corruption there ministers get booted out for using public money just for buying diapers for their babies.

I think its in our DNA corruption is here to stay unless a radical leader comes up which is highly improbable.

14. nrj

Will accept Parliament decision to reject Lokpal Bill: Hazare

Source

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  15. Ray

I believe there is a law suit being instituted against Digvijay Singh.

It is also claimed that the CD circulated is 'doctored' and Amar Singh's voice has been spliced from another CD on which there is an ongoing court case.

16. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

The 2 things that Anna Hazare's supporters were avoiding: Politicians and Media (atleast the corrupt ones). And now maybe those 2 have got together to strike back!

In my opinion, I think the Lokpal bill will be passed. But it would be watered down enough to make it ineffective. I hope I'm proven wrong and that MMS shows enough spine to get rid of the malices effecting our system!

17. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

my sense is, this bill will be presented and then there will be an endless delay on holding of a debate on this bill in the parl so that no one political party ends up getting embarrassed. this bill is a common enemy of all political elite whether ruling or opposition and dont be surprised if we all of a sudden see some communal riot, as such UP is due for elections and a ripe case for such a riot which then gets non stop coverage or some terror attack happens and in the process all gets forgotten or some technical issue creeps up or another, i am sure there must be a lot of technical loop holes in the formation of this committee so any MP can raise an opposition and the whole process will get scuttled. deflection wont be direct but indirect, or a lone MP will raise objection and then there will be yet another endless wait and no one then will be able to do anything.

is it really so sir?

just a reality check!

for people for whom corruption and exploitation have crossed all limits , for whom water has gone way over their head, who are the worst victims of corruption and who have no hope for tomorrow or have any faith left in the democracy and the administration of this country, today happily look forward to the maoists to find a solution for them, or join them, though it is another thing those poor people are yet to understand what a bigger mess they are headed towards if that maoist movement was to ever succeed.

for middle class and for people who can afford and live with this corruption, for them yeh sab chalta hai but when the time came they stood behind anna hazare, and they wish he and people behind this movement win hands down and when they think beyond and within the framework of the constitution, the democracy and other political parties they wonder what is the other sane option, and with in the political circles they dont find any better solution because the opposition is as bad if not worse!

is desh ka aam admi soya hua nahi hai, if that is what your misconception is!

18. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

The problem is not that people don't want to but there is just too much apathy. Anna Hazare's movement has given people a platform to express themselves.
    The only problem I feel is that we are addicted to quick fixes and if this movement doesn't provide a quick fix, it will run out of steam.

19. Ray

Just my thoughts.

And more so with the Govt adding to doubts about the intention of the Movement and the credibility of those who participated in it.

Right now they are claiming that it took Lakhs to organise Anna Hazare's fast!!

20. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Anna Hazare has become a symbol of the movement, they are trying to malign him and break people's will on the issue, and enforce the mindset that, "Corruption ka kuch nahi ho sakta, sabb hi corrupt hain".

I agree, why would thieves themselves wish to put in place a system which may put an end to their robbery runs?

Thats exactly what the thieves in power want you to think. Loose faith in Anna Hazare and give up the fight and hope for some Messiah to pop out of the sky. Truth is, people need to support Anna, heck, even if it was a man as corrupt as Zardari who one day said I'm going to fight corruption and force the government to put in tough anti-corruption laws, I would even support him hands down! Anna has been riled up in corruption? Well, lets remind the likes of Karan, Digvijay and others, the fight is not about Anna Hazare, the fight is against corruption. Anna is a front, yes, but he is the people's front.

I hope so too mate, though I don't know how much spine MMS will show. I think he has realized, that his time in power may be up after the next elections, therefore I think he is kicking in all directions now, not fearing political repercussions as he did before, though, on this issue, there are far bigger fish who rely on robbery as a source of income, therefore it remains to be seen, how he will play out on this issue.

21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

For all the corruption and inefficiency in the government, I feel rather threatened by the idea that a select coterie of 'selected' body of people will have so much power.

Why am I saying this? One look at this thread will answer all the questions: Thread: A few thought provoking articles against the Jan Lokpal Bill.

Recently I got a few mails and in one of them, I saw Anna Hazare with Mahatma Gandhi and Vivekananda's photos in the background. I found it to be rather offensive. I don't think Anna Hazare should be sitting with those potraits and at the same time advocating a 'selected' group of people with much powers. [note: it is 'selected' not 'elected'].

People of dubious credibility and possible Maoist links, such as, but not limited to, Medha Patkar and Swami Agnivesh do not help. When it comes to fasting, I hope he is less successful than Mamata Banerjee. Enough of this emotional blackmail. BTW, isn't attempting suicide punishable under law? If I were in the helm, I'd simply let him commit a slow suicide and die than allow the slow death to our democracy, no matter how flawed it is.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011