Anna blasts Kejriwal, says seeking power through money

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Jun 4, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Actually Anna blasts evryone including Khujliwal, Ramdev and Narendra Modi !

Anna blasts Kejriwal, says he will not vote for AAP

Blaming Arvind Kejriwal's fascination for power for split in anti-graft movement, Anna Hazare today said he will not vote for the Aam Aadmi Party charging that it is going the same way as others by taking the path of 'money through power' and vice versa.

Asked whether his former aide has become "greedy" for power, the 75-year-old activist said, "It was right".

"I thought I will (vote for AAP) but now I find it difficult because it is being seen that it is moving towards the path of 'money through power and power through money', I will not be anywhere near them," he said at a session of a two-day programme 'Agenda' organised by 'Aaj Tak' news channel.

He was responding to a question whether he will vote for AAP, the party formed by Kejriwal after his split with Hazare on the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge.

Hazare has earlier said that he will support the party if it fields honest candidates and that will campaign for Kejriwal if he fights against Union Minister Kapil Sibal.

Asked whether Kejriwal has become greedy for power and it resulted in the split, Hazare said, "This is right. Earlier I used to think that Arvind is into selfless service. But I don't understand how this thought of entering politics came into his mind."

He also agreed to a question it was Kejriwal's political ambition that led to the split.

"A movement was on for the first time after independence for system change. People were coming out. I thought a good movement has been evolved. There was a feeling that this will earn results. But at that time, I don't understand, how such a thinking came into his mind," Hazare said.

He said there was a need for unity in the fight for system change and against corruption among all including Kejriwal, Swami Ramdev and others.

"This revolution is not complete. We need to stand united. We all, Ramdev, Arvind, all should fight together.

Arvind faltered on way. Ramdev also should severe links with communal organisations," he said.

On Narendra Modi, he said that there were a lot of corruption in Gujarat and as Chief Minister, he has not brought Lokayukta Bill in his state. "Why is he not bringing the bill? Everyone is into making money using power," he said.

3. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

Kejriwal is a crook, wants to ride on Anna's shoulder... Anna understood it bit late...

arkem8 and parijataka like this.
  4. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

Well, no. Anna is more of a thinker & visionary. He is not wordly-wise. He would not settle for anything less than 100%. It's 100 or Zero for him, which i somewhat naive & impractical. While, Kejriwal is an execution guy. He has guts, honesty, organizing ability & many leadership qualities but he lacks Anna's charisma & appeal.

But they made an excellent team together like Chanakya & ChandraGupta Maurya (not comparing, but simply an analogy).

It's nation's loss that such well-meaning & brave people are not working closely enough, or cooperating. Anyway, I am waiting to see the impact of AAP in Delhi elections.

Since my name was still surviving on Delhi's voters list (during the last elections), I am going to vote for AAP, no matter where I am, then.

Singh and Patriot like this.
  5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Whatever.

Kejriwal has shown guts to contest against Dixit.

It will be the litmus test if the AAP is hot air or will make a difference!

6. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Anna needs to understand some practical aspects.

To fight politicians you need political power and not fasting.What did Anna's fasting give???

Patriot likes this.
  7. TrueSpirit

Absolutely, that's my point. You cannot change the system from outside. That's what Naxalites try to do & are doomed to fail.

Unless one dares to enter the dirty mess of mainstream politics, no change is going to materialize.

8. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

Anna got only a glass of juice after every fast.

Indian politicos are shameless cunning jackals & hyneas and they are not affected by old ethical means of satyagrah etc.One has to be part of politics to clean it. I hope people support & vote for this cause rather making procession than forgetting everything.

TrueSpirit and rock127 like this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Anna did a good job - he shook the Indian conscience.

Kejriwal is taking the fight through in practical terms.

But he will be like Imran Khan - may make a dent, but won't make the splash!

TrueSpirit and rock127 like this.
  10. TrueSpirit

As far as I understand the city state people, Kejriwal would loose his individual battle by a sufficient margin.

But his party would win a seat or two in the tripartite battle against Congress & BJP,by a thin margin. Second, his party would turn tables against BJP in all the seats they are contesting, given the fact that both appeal to the same "mass of populace". So, it is all the way "Advantage Congress".

However, AAP's base + finances are expanding (albeit, slowly) & its a mater of time (around 5 years) that they start to really matter, in their own right, on Delhi's political landscape.

11. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Any new party can't swoop in all the seats.Even if they win few seats it's a good sign.This fight against corruption is going to last for a long time since it has got into our genes.

A big party like BJP took so many years and seats to get in power.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  12. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Anna Hazare seems to be a mercurial guy who flip-flops at the tip of the hat.

13. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

LoL, anna becoming careful and opposing Modi constantly after that fiasco and media is also constantly asking him about Modi whenever he speaks with media. Now who'll see that bias or so called U-Turn or should I say politics against/on Modi ?? This shows anna is also playing politics.

14. parijataka

Actually, Anna has opposed both SS-BJP govt in Maha as well as Cong-NCP state govt so opposing Modi or BJP is not anything new. However it is correct to say that media keeps needling him to criticise people they want to malign by raising instigating questions.

15. VIP

I don't doubt his intentions and dedication. I was trying to day that after that fiasco when he praised Modi, he's opposing him on every stage. And that's not good.

16. VIP

I don't doubt his intentions and dedication. I was trying to day that after that fiasco when he praised Modi, he's opposing him on every stage. And that's not good.

17. parijataka

Age catching up I guess.

VIP and Patriot like this.
  18. VIP

LoL, but I don't blame him, it's a trend now a days. Oppose Modi and get support from Media but loose credibility in the eyes of public.

parijataka likes this.