Anger sparks with 'Israel-style' settlement in Kashmir

Discussion in 'Internal Security' started by ArmchairGeneral, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ArmchairGeneral

ArmchairGeneral Regular Member

India sparks anger with 'Israel-style' settlement policy in disputed Kashmir - International - Jerusalem Post

I never thought I'd see JPost and Tribune.pk take same narrative :fp:

what is the reason behind this?

comments sxn is beautiful btw

Blackwater and sydsnyper like this.
  3. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

I don't think name of the thread justifies the content of the article. As long as BJP is in power Israel is unlikely to take a controversial stand against india. I thought the content of article was balanced, not leaning towards anybody.

We should also understand their predicament, they are trying to understand the issue within their own understanding of such a situation.

4. ArmchairGeneral

It is not the balance of the article, but the very narrative that the story is being put under.

Kashmir and I/P are radically different conflicts in every way, and to see one through the lens of the other is flawed in every manner. They are making it sound as if it is a plan that everyone (even pandits) oppose - when the reality couldn't be further from this.

I have seen that it is a common zionist tactic to deflect criticism of it's regime by pointing out the worse things other nations do. Israel has recieved unfettered global condemnation for its expansion of building Jewish settlements in the Occupied Palestinian territories...now that they have seen another non-islamic nation do something seemingly similar (although under completely different circumstances) in a "muslim land", they have jumped on the opportunity to say "hey, look at India, why is nobody globally condemning them?" and hence rationalise their own actions by calling their opponents hypocrites, instead of addressing the issue.

5. Rashna

Rashna Senior Member Senior Member

This is a reuters report and not written by JP . This report appeared in several newspapers.

SajeevJino likes this.
  6. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

I am sorry, but I still don't see your point in the article. Look at the date on the article I.e 10th probably the next day of the controversy. Article is in line with MSM speculation here in india the first day. It was the next day mufti syed gave a clarification and then the controversy subsided.

You are entitled to your views, but I don't find conjectures written as facts in the article, which we routinely find in indian MSM Articles.

7. ArmchairGeneral

Perhaps my outrage at JP is less justified. Still, their decision to air an anti-India report in this form surprises me.

And my point of zionist media still stands, Reuters falls under that bracket, having been founded by Israel Beer Josafat.

8. Rashna

The news is relevant to them because it makes a comparison with "israel", i do not think this is any zionist conspiracy for the simple reason that India is not occupying any territory, kashmir belongs to India and resettling their ethnic population there hardly compares with israel's gradual takeover of palestinian territory.Moreover all this angst against the resettlement of hindu Kashmiris has come from separatists in Kashmir mainly and some of their supporters. That is news and hence got reported. Muslims always give the palestine e.g. when they want sympathy naturally the comparison came in.

9. ArmchairGeneral

refer to this from my post above

"I have seen that it is a common zionist tactic to deflect criticism of it's regime by pointing out the worse things other nations do. Israel has recieved unfettered global condemnation for its expansion of building Jewish settlements in the Occupied Palestinian territories...now that they have seen another non-islamic nation do something seemingly similar (although under completely different circumstances) in a "muslim land", they have jumped on the opportunity to say "hey, look at India, why is nobody globally condemning them?" and hence rationalise their own actions by calling their opponents hypocrites, instead of addressing the issue."

10. Rashna

Can you give some examples of their pointing out worse things that other nations do? Israel is the most unapologetic state. They don't bother giving any explanations or justifications. But if you have some examples when they tried to do that please share them.

11. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Mr @Ray, @Virendra @sob the OP is spreading false propaganda by altering the title !

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  12. ghost

ghost Regular Member

Much to do about nothing!

It is plain,simple,straight news which reports everything as it is.I don't see any propaganda,twisting,taking sides or anything else sketchy in it.Each and every reader is free to form his or her own interpretation of it but this does not change the fact that it is news reporting at its very basic ,stating what one see happening.

13. ArmchairGeneral

I have altered no title.

14. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

WTF is juice conspiracy,zionist media .... jews r hardly 13 million population compared to 1.6bn terrorists and 1 bn Hindus.

Anyway, if India following jews steps is actually proud moment for us (Hindus).I like the Jews policies they allow settlements in muslim areas. If any terrorist killed 2 jews they grant 72 virgins to 2000 muslims instantly :D

Man they have HUGE HUGE BALLS

15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I have modified the title to suit the original article's title and keeping it within the number of words allowed for the title.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  16. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks Mr @Ray !

17. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

18. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

just like we have new delhi, there should be a new srinagar

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  19. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Clearly the separatists don't like it. Lets piss them off some more.