Android Club

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Pentile display = fail
So what did we get? The Siri-imitating S Voice, a quad-core SoC that's already been announced for the Meizu MX, a suite of camera enhancements that rips off HTC's ImageSense wholesale, and a signature animated lock screen that emulates interaction with water, something that's been a live wallpaper option on Android phones since 2010. Oh, and industrial design and build quality that you'll find on any anonymous South Korean MP3 player — Samsung seems to have tried trickling its design language up, never a good idea.

We're told not to be sheep, yet Samsung itself is just falling in line with the herd. The company seems oblivious to the sense of betrayal this has engendered in the informed consumer. For the first time in its history, Samsung had enough sway with phone buyers to convince them to hold off on the premier option on the market, HTC's One series, in wait for Samsung's riposte. The Galaxy S pedigree was on the line, and if Samsung could live up to it, a bond of trust was going to be its reward. People were ready to start treating Samsung like Apple, giving it the benefit of the doubt both in terms of product timing and the adoption of unfamiliar new features.

Then the talk about wind, water, pebbles, and feng shui home screen organization started.

"Profligacy in the face of opportunity"

I get it, most people think the future of mobile devices is in developing new software solutions, but even if I could keep straight all the S-branded extras Samsung enumerated at its Galaxy S III launch, I wouldn't be able to tell you what difference they're going to make to your life. Not to say that they're all terrible, Smart Stay eye tracking is an interesting idea, but none feel epochally significant. And while hardware is growing less and less important, industrial design still counts, and the Galaxy S III falls below the necessary threshold of a high-quality device (Pentile displays belong in the past), while also failing to maintain the Galaxy S tradition of offering a unique hardware selling point or two.
How Samsung broke my heart | The Verge

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
S2 has SAMOLED Plus, while S3 has just the SAMOLED.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah, but it's PenTile. PenTile displays look wierd (Nexus Prime has the same display afaik :sad:)
If you put some other matrix apart from Pentile then power consumption will substantially shoot up.

Also there are just few practical pixel layouts which can perform on AMOLED. Pentile is better among them & atm its the best you can get.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Screw SG3, my next device will be a Nexus :yey:

-----

Google's apparently ready to greatly expand its Nexus program: the Wall Street Journal is reporting that the company plans to give as many as five device OEMs early access to future versions of Android and sell those devices directly to consumers. This represents a major shift from Google's strategy over the last few years of selling one flagship device from a single OEM partner, and would mark an expansion of its recently-revived online direct-to-consumer sales channel — Google had previously sold the Nexus One unlocked through its site, but the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were primarily sold through third-party retailers or carriers. Much as Google now sells the Galaxy Nexus unlocked, these devices would also likely be sold carrier-free and at a full retail price. Google's aiming to have these phones available for consumers by Thanksgiving, just in time for the holiday season. Unlike the current Google Play store, which only sells unlocked Galaxy Nexus phones in the US, Google's reportedly going to offer this wider portfolio in Asia and Europe as well as stateside.

Google to sell flagship Nexus devices with multiple partners this fall, reports WSJ | The Verge

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
You do know that Nexus and S3 has same display?

Between S3 & Nexus, I will still prefer S2 :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
some help needed, how can i add USB keyboard to my spice Mi 720 device. thanks.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Any idea at what price they are going to price Nexus in India ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I think lowest memory 16GB version of S3 is priced around 35K.

Aayush

^that runs slowly on on my iPhone,it would be hell for most of the android users(at least for my gio)

Son of Govinda

Samsung Galaxy S3 Music Hub takes on Apple iTunes

Samsung Galaxy S3 Music Hub takes on Apple iTunes - Telegraph

Samsung has today launched Music Hub, a music locker, radio and music store for the Galaxy S3 that takes on Apple's popular iTunes, iCloud and iTunes Match services.

Music Hub will give users the opportunity to pay to stream their choice of over 19 million songs as well as allowing them to scan and match their entire home musical library to the Music Hub catalogue.

The service, which will initially only be available to Samsung Galaxy S3 owners, will be offered in both a free and a premium price plan which will cost users £9.99 per month. It will expand to other models, as well as Samsung's connected TVs in the future.

Under the free model Music Hub customers will have access to the store, allowing them to listen to a 30-second preview of any music track before deciding whether or not they want to purchase the track. However, under the premium plan users will be able to stream an unlimited number of tracks from Samsung's library as well as matching their entire home library to the system, letting them access their music on the move.

Samsung Senior Vice President, TJ Kang, claimed of the service: "When you ask yourself, 'what do I want to listen to?' there is now one simple answer, for every mood, every place and everyone."

The service will also give Samsung customers music recommendations as well as the ability to create personalised radio stations, and the ability to play their music on any PC via a web based player. Mr Kang said that Samsung hoped to build an iOS app to allow users to access the service from an iPhone.

Daren Tsui, CEO of mSpot, the Samsung subsidiary responsible for streaming the music to the device said: "We believe that today's mobile market must have an open mobile music system – one that offers all kinds of services across different devices. Music Hub removes all the barriers to your music."

Although the Music Hub service has been hailed by Samsung as "the first completely integrated, all-in-one mobile music service," it joins a wealth of pre-existing mobile music services including Spotify, Google Play, and Apple's iTunes, iCloud and iTunes match services, which also gives users the option to scan and access their entire home music collection from anywhere in the world for only £21.99 a year. Samsung claims the combination of music locker, store and radio is unique.

Samsung has in the past come under criticism for allegedly copying many of Apple's designs and ideas. The two companies are currently involved in a series of patent infringement cases in various courts across the globe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles