'Ancient Indian Planes Could Travel From One Planet to Another'

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Peter, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  3. Peter

@Free Karma @Mad Indian Your divine opinion on this.

Also I think I have posted this thread in the right section.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  4. Peter

Heard at science meet: Ancient Indian planes flew to planets - The Times of India

Razor likes this.
  5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

I had a conversation with Dean Admin, IIT Madras in not-so-distant past on a different subject (I did not like the list of invitees in one particular conference being held in-campus). This is what he had to say (pasting verbatim between quotes without revealing the full content):

Looney Science Talks on "Perpetual Motion Machine" are as unscientific as talks on "Ancient Indian Planes" in my opinion. Scientific temper must be equally applied in both cases.

Mad Indian and Peter like this.
  6. Peter

Pseudo science whether by non Indians or Indians can never be tolerated. Every country has its fare share of such pseudo science spewing people.

However what is disappointing in this case is that the person in question is a Captain. One wonders how he flies his ancient planes.

7. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Indian sages were also great dramatists and thinkers. They thought about it and then wrote about these flying machines. They never implemented these projects but our intellectuals of this era take the word written by them out of their imagination, as Gospel.

8. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Technology is not exactly "Science", it is an advanced form of craftsmanship. Invention requires lot of Conviction and Imagination. Science belongs to god (nature), Technology belongs to us, mere mortals.

These scientific people never raised their voice against Pseudo Science before, what is different this time?

9. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

I know that you are excellent of showing old Indian inventions and glorious kingdoms as a proof of "Indian Greatness", but isn't this a little too much. Try to make the Tejas ready first and concentrate on these planes later. Maybe Tejas project was also actually started already that time? Talk about long development period...

Neo likes this.
  10. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

If what is reported is true - then it's a bit sad. They might believe something, but for a science congress shouldve stuck to things that have proof.

Perhaps they couldve presented them as just designs to show that people were thinking of such machines even then. Like how Da Vinci's flying machines, greek steam pigeons from 400 bc are frequently presented in the "history of flight" as early designs/plans...though I dont think these have been verified (edit: it seems Da vinci's machines were built and tested, but most of them did not work, read in wiki)

I was actually quite happy when they decided to include ancient Indian science hoping they could highlight the contributions of Indians over the years, many of which are not known to the average person.

But on the other hand the media has been on a massive "vedic" bashing spree, even making fun of legit stuff like sushruta, (plastic surgery) etc :( this is equally terrible

sesha_maruthi27, Mad Indian and Peter like this.
  11. Illusive

Illusive Senior Member Senior Member

Is this a satire?

Peter likes this.
  12. Peter

@jouni and @Neo Sir,
    Sorry dude I do not appreciate foreigners and others generalizing things related to India. India is a land of a billion souls. If one person says a ridiculous thing it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with that idea. We are not people who believe that one soldier can stop a thousand other soldiers through bravery. I had created this thread to show that majority Indians do not accept pseudo science. In fact there are countries where pseudo science is a part and parcel of everyday life.

(Psst: Like Arabs creating everything or the Koran/Bible containing scientific messages.)

13. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Why only ancient Indians, I too can travel between planets. The other day I traveled between planet-1 ( Planet Fashion) to planet-2 ( Planet M) within 15 minutes.:cool2:

Free Karma and Peter like this.
  14. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Atleast read OP's emoticons if not his article.

15. Peter

Agreed.

Indians have contributed vastly to fields like mathematics and medicine. Sadly instead of highlighting legitimate discoveries this man is peddling pseudo science. It seems his hidden agenda is to make us look like a bunch of illiterates. He is actually making mockery of Indian scientists and the long dead Indian sages

If one wants to know of India`s great discoveries then one should have a look into this things.

Sushruta Samhita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tower of Brahma

Tower of Hanoi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chess

Chess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(In fact the tower of Brahma one is really interesting and shows the deep thinking of our scientists.)

One really wonders how such a huge number like 2^64-1 could have been thought of by our ancient Indian sages.

[​IMG]

16. Peter

I found an ancient vimana puspaka and flew to Mars and Mercury where I met ancient tribal aliens. Sadly while returning I had an accident that left me with a terrible brain damage and I can no longer find my vimana.

17. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Meh, you are still struck with old tech. You already have lost your 'vimana' otherwise I would have suggested you sell that off in OLX.

Peter likes this.
  18. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

And a random hippie in the middle-east could turn water to wine, and walk on water. Yup, some real Star Trek shit right there.

19. Peter

Creationists/Bible preachers /Koran preachers/Mullahs/babas all belong to the same group of thugs who brainwash people for their own gain. Fortunately majority of Indians do not believe in their claims/dreams.

As Aamir said in PK they are all wrong numbers.

20. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

This shit has gone on far too long.

But I hope the media bashing these people (justifiably) does not deter people from carrying out research into real genuine ancient stuff. It would be great to figure out how Sushruta used to perform plastic surgery. I would love to have a scientific peer-reviewed study about Ayurvedic medicine. For example, turmeric (haldi) has several medicinal properties. A thorough scientific study needs to be carried out, research papers need to be published about the chemical composition of turmeric, how it reacts with the body, etc.

Whatever is said, needs to have thorough proof and documentation behind it. This shit of pulling crap out of one's backside needs to stop.

Peter and Free Karma like this.
  21. Sambha ka Boss

Sambha ka Boss Regular Member

Peter likes this.