Ancient Hampi rock carving is an area map

S.A.T.A

Hampi rock carving is area map

Hospet, June 29, DHNS:

An etching on rock, found in Chikkarampura in the Hampi Heritage Site area many years ago is an area map dating back to the stone age, a study conducted by the Archaelogical Survey of India says.

A Stone Age etching discovered at the Hampi Heritage site has been found to be a map of the area.In a press note, the Survey has said that the etching found in Chikkarampura was thought to be drawings of a burial site. However, further study has confirmed that the etching was a detailed map drawn by a prehistoric person about his living environs. The Survey press note says that the map indicates reasoning ability of the prehistoric person who drew the map as it indicates the settlement and its surroundings in detail. Survey officer T M Keshava said the etching was deduced to be a map after detailed study and a site inspection.

He described the etching as a 'rare" find of a prehistoric person drawing a map.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Hampi is truly one of the most spectacular historical sites I have ever visited. From what I saw there are still many unexplored areas. What most people don't realize is that the site expands beyond Hampi and goes as far as Hospet itself (you can still see remnants of the Vijaynagar architecture in and around the city). Although the UNESCO designation has helped I still think stronger efforts have to be made to preserve and explore this incredible historical asset.

I would upload a few pictures from my collection but I don't know how.

S.A.T.A

Hampi's historical antecedents stretch back into early history.Traditions holds that the kingdom of Kishkindha,which Rama and Lakshmana ventured into, in their quest for abducted Sita,where they met Sugriva,the king of Vanara(forest dwellers)deposed by his Brother Vali,and his close associate Hanuman,is located in Hampi.Hampi and its surrounding areas are home to many Megalith cultural deposits,esp their burial stone circles,who are generally considered to have been the forerunner to the Dravidian speaking,mega temple building societies of the historical period.A section of Puranic scholarship has contended that Valmiki's Vanaras may have been semi-fictional rendering of these megalith societies,whom the Indo-Aryan speakers from north of the Vindhyas, were beginning to encounter during their southward forage,at sometimes between second and first millennium BCE.

P.S:You can upload your images on to some photo hosting portal like Imageshack and post the links that you generate on this forum.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ There's nothing 'Aryan'. Arya means noble in sanskrit that was applicable to all so-called races of ancient India and was based on the status of the person rather than some "white skinned and blond haired" variety as proposed by British. Please use the word correctly rather than the crap that Nehru-Gandhi curriculum that our innocent kids have been raised on.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This is the map, hardly explains anything.

The reporter who went all the way to take the picture must have been sorely disappointed! :D

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles