An open letter to Sachin Tendulkar

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by happy, Oct 15, 2013.

1. happy

happy Senior Member Senior Member

Dear Sachin,

When I met you on 03 September in Mumbai, I was highly impressed by two facets of your personality - simplicity and honesty. I thought at that time, if the people sitting in the power corridors too become as honest, simple and passionate about their work as you are, then it could give a facelift to the whole nation. You have changed cricket in past 24 years and now it`s time to change the face of the nation.

Sachin, when you will play your 200th Test match against West Indies in Mumbai, millions of cricket lovers in India will have their eyes fixed on you. Those watching you would want to freeze in their memories different frames of their beloved player in action forever – Sachin taking his stance, Sachin sending the ball across the boundary with ease and, if possible, Sachin celebrating his last century, waving his bat with one hand and holding the helmet in the other.

But, will your mind be invaded by the thoughts about cricket only? Will your eyes be only on the ball being hurled by the rival bowler or on that emptiness which you wouldn’t have imagined before?

Sachin, you are the brand ambassador of, not just cricket but the entire nation - The Brand Ambassador of Indian culture and family values.

The Indian cricket can now be categorised into three eras – first, pre-Sachin era, second post-Sachin era and third the Sachin era.

Since the last 24 years, you have kept the Indians hypnotised with so unique a force of magnetism that they can’t seem to believe the fact that after 18 November you will never be on the crease to play again.

Dear Sachin, cricket has been your life and I don’t mean that you should ever distance yourself from cricket. However, should Sachin be dedicated only to the game? You possess an extraordinary calibre of turning impossible into possible. You have all the options on the table as your acceptability is amazing. But the question is as to what option will Sachin choose for himself? If you wish, you can become a coach, a selector, a commentator or you can get any powerful administrative post in the BCCI. And given your market value, you can earn crores even after retirement. The logic behind doing so can be the fact that you are serving cricket. That you are paying the debt in return of the immense popularity that cricket has awarded you with.

An open letter to Sachin Tendulkar - Sport - DNA

3. happy

I do not know how many veterans may agree with me, but I 100% agree with the bold part.

If at all Sachin can remain uninfluenced by cheap politics and serve the nation with sincerity and integrity as he has done cricket, there will be nothing that is too hard for him to achieve. !!!

4. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Sachin is a great sportsperson and made India proud. :hail: Respect !

==========

Sachin and politics ? He will most likely get ticket from Khangress !

Let's all support Khangress and vote for the blood suckers just because, Sachin Tendlya would join Khangress ! :hair::hair::hair:

Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra !!!

5. ramakrishna

ramakrishna Regular Member

I want Sachin to enter politics by participating in Elections ... but not from Khangress ... I would love to see him participating from BJP.

6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Bullshit, we need efficient leaders, not celebrities or players. Sachin must not join politics I don't want to hate Sachin.

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There are too many MPs who are but baggage.

They know nothing and yet are MPs.

Recently, Raj Babar, who is but a one time actor, heading the Parliamentary committee on Defence terminated the Presentation of the Chiefs because they had 'to catch flights' to go home on leave!

It shows that they do not give any importance to Defence or they don't understand defence!

Imagine they made great noise over issues on the LC and when issues are being explained, they close a Presentation just to go home!!

What exactly would Tendulkar contribute to the running of the country?

He would do greater service teaching cricket to youngsters.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Ankit Purohit and happy like this.
  8. happy

IMO Sachin may not have played politics as of now. But, one should not forget that BCCI is full of dirty politics. From the chair to the selector to the team manager. Thats one of the reasons why foreign coaches have so much hard time coaching our boys.

Not only that, playing consistently for 24 years in various roles without letting the team politics affect your game is an art in itself. If Sachin achieved that in BCCI, he sure can do it in Parliament, only this time instead of being in RS he should get elected to LS as an independent or in the 3rd front.

9. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

And after got elected in LS, what will he do ?? He's God of Cricket, not Indian politics. My 1 friend told me lots of things about Sachin and BCCI as he's somewhat attached to that area, I don't know if he's right or wrong about Sachin but he's really confident about his claims which I don't think it's right to reveal here but when Sachin plays the straight drive, I always call him and tell him that you mother-----, how can you say such words for Sachin and I don't wanna lose that belief. Please Sachin, don't join politics.

10. happy

Well, I am not so attached to BCCI btw. So, I just know what I see in the press and on live. But, as you said, it is really hard to think that Sachin is not what he appears.:shocked::sad:

11. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

All we will probably get to see is tendulkar squeaking in his feminine voice in the commentary box on television in future .:pound:

PredictablyMalicious likes this.
  12. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

Sachin Tendulkar is unfit for politics and life in general. Without cricket, he would be crawling at the bottom of society, and worse, people would make fun of his gay voice and midget height!

13. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

He would have to be brain dead to decide to enter politics.