An indian who did not celebrate new year for 21 years

JAISWAL

This 26th DEC is the 112th Birth Anniversary of Shaheed Veer Udham Singh ... Person who Killed the Culprit of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre By Traveling all his way to England...all Hail the Brave Indian...a INDIAN will never Forget a INDIAN will never Forgive...

AN INDIAN WHO DID NOT CELEBRATE NEW YEAR FOR 21 YEARS

We are awaiting yet another new year to fulfill our personal dreams, to fight our tribulations, to reach new horizons, to"¦, to"¦, to"¦seem never ending. In this psychodrama of life, we tend to forget and forgive Jaliianwala Bagh Massacer. But, there was a person who did not forget nor forgive Michael O'Dwyer {The Then Governor General of the State} who was the prime person for orchestrating and executing this massacre on Indian's. After the massacre Dwyer gives a statement "To teach the INDIANS a lesson, to make a wide impression and to strike terror thought – out Punjab ".

26th December is the 112th Birth Anniversary of Udham Singh. Indian, who did not celebrate New Year for 21 years, but his sole purpose and dream of life, was to restore the honor of INDIA because of the massacre. He, after witnessing this massacre at Jaliianwala Bagh was much shaken. He went to Golden Temple, bathed in the holy sarvor { Pool of Nectar } and took a solemn pledge " To wreak vengeance on the perpetrators of this crime and to restore honor to what he saw as a " Humiliated Nation ". In order to fulfill this pledge of his, he hounded Michael O' Dwyer across the globe for 21 years. At last at Caxton hall, in Great Britain killed him. Then he voluntarily surrendered to police. When asked in court about Killing of O'Dwyer he said:

"I did it because I had a grudge against him. He deserved it. He was the real culprit. He wanted to crush the spirit of my people, so I have crushed him. For full 21 years, I have been trying to wreak vengeance. I am happy that I have done the job. I am not scared of death. I am dying for my country. I have seen my people starving in India under the British Rule. I have protested against this, it was my duty. What a Greater honor could be bestowed on me than death for the sake of my MOTHERLAND? "

World's reactions for this killing poured in fast:

* Amrit Bazar Patrika wrote, "O'Dwyer's name is connected with Punjab incidents which India will never forget".

* New Statesman observed: "British conservatism has not discovered how to deal with Ireland after two centuries of rule. Similar comment may be made on British rule in India . Will the historians of the future have to record that it was not the Nazis but the British ruling class which destroyed the British Empire ?"

* Indians all over regarded Singh's action as justified and an important step in India 's struggle to end British colonial rule in India . At a public meeting in Kanpur , a speaker stated that "at last an insult and humiliation of the nation had been avenged".

* Most of the press worldwide remembered the story of Jallianwala Bagh and held Michael O' Dwyer fully responsible for the events. Singh was called "fighter for freedom" by The Times, London , and his action was said to be "an expression of the pent-up fury of the downtrodden Indian People".

* Bergeret, published in large-scale from Rome at that time, ascribed the greatest significance to the circumstance and praised Udham Singh's action as courageous.

* Berliner Borsen Zeitung called
the event "The torch of the Indian freedom" AND

* German radio repeatedly broadcast: "The cry of tormented people spoke with shots". And "Like the elephants, the Indians never forgive their enemies. They strike them down even after 20 years".

"The Indians never forgive their enemies. They strike them down even after 20 years"....World's reaction to this incident is indicative of the blatant truth that India got independence, not only because of non – violence. But our test books, still carries the old diseased dead statements " India got independence because of non – violence". If that be the case, then how are we going to account for six and half lack freedom fighters who willingly gave there life's, for each of us to celebrate New Year, Year after Year!?
Swami Vivekananda - MY INDIA Eternal: AN INDIAN WHO DID NOT CELEBRATE NEW YEAR FOR 21 YEARS

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
O'Dwyer was not an Irish nationalist, evidently, though his roots in Ireland go back to the time of William the Conqueror, according to his own writings..

John_Rambo

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is very ironic that an Irish man could do such a massacre even when his own nation was in the grips of occupation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles