An Indian Muslim reacts to Modi's statement

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Voldemort, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Voldemort

Voldemort Senior Member Senior Member

“My understanding is that they (al Qaeda) are doing injustice towards theMuslims of our country. If anyone thinks IndianMuslims will dance to their tune, they are delusional...IndianMuslims will live forIndia, they will die forIndia — they will not want anythingbad forIndia."
    Prime minister Narendra Modi has been applauded for this remark; some have even referred to it as appeasement.
    It makes me seethe with anger. Not because I will not appreciate anything that he does, but because this is a loaded statement. The vanilla is all about it being the first international interview since he took over. Fareed Zakaria obviously led him to this juncture for what would be acceptable to CNN.
    Here, he is giving a certificate to 170 millionMuslims who are citizens of the country in response to an al Qaeda video.
    Does he imagine thatMuslims inIndia, among the poorest, are glued to the internet to access such messages? What does he have to say about the fundamentalist rightwing organisations inIndia that lure youth who, with their student wings, terrorise people?
    Why has the delusion of the al Qaeda prompted a note on patriotism? Is Indian Muslim fealty based on living and dying forIndia, whatever this means? How many Hindus are living and dying forIndia? Why is this not reiterated to prove their citizen's rights, their role as worthy members of the Republic? Why is their loyalty assumed and the loyalty of IndianMuslims under a shadow of doubt that needs to be flagged off by the head of government?
    What exactly does he mean by IndianMuslims"will not want anythingbad forIndia"? Such a comment is pathetic, the subtext being that even if they don't do any good, they won't wish evil. Clearly, the only evil would be from their supposed compatriots like the al Qaeda. In the Modi scheme, IndianMuslims are susceptible to getting lured, but because it is all so good for them inIndia they will not fall for it. To prove they are truly Indian, they will live for the country and die for it. That is the condition for their citizenship.
    Those taken in by such candy floss are the ones who live in their culture cocoons of mindless parables. They are not the ones who are hauled up on suspicion; they don't need reservations; they don't have doors shut on them when they go to rent a place; they don't live in ghettos forced upon them.
    Instead of giving a clean chit to IndianMuslims, Mr. Modi should pull up the hate mongers in his party who have openly declared war againstMuslims, including threatening to kill. He has been silent. Not a word. Why?
    From theexcerpt of this CNN interview, it appears that he is catering to the country that denied him a visa earlier but is now welcoming him as a leader. His excitement is palpable:
    "Let me explain — there are many similarities between the U.S. andIndia. If you look at the last few centuries, two things come to light — America has absorbed people from around the world, and there is an Indian in every part of the world. This characterises both the societies."
    America is also very Islamophobic. The Al Qaeda was America's fight. Modi is playing along with this. He is happy to help. And what better way than to drag inMuslims. Yes, wecan. Wecan be nice toMuslims, but only by constantly badgering them about some al Qaeda video. Yes, wecan accept Muslim patriotism, but by reminding them that they have to live and die for the country.
    Please tell me another one.
    End note:
    The constant refrain by certain Indian Muslim organisations condemning all manner of terrorist activities they have nothing to do with reveals just how much they are being made to cow down. However, for some it is opportunism to prove they are more noble than the rest.
    Sitting in their pretty homes, they do not have to deal with filth. But they are so selfish that their condemnation for what is distant draws attention to the less privilegedMuslims within the country. It takes a few seconds to condemn and be rewarded with the badge of liberal and secular.
    The establishmentcan depend on them, for they will gladly take droppings in return for calling out the innocent. The guilt lies in their minds.

3. Voldemort

farzana-versey.blogspot.in/2014/09/modi-ims-muslims-hindutva-double.html

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  4. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

lol....why is this given attention? What next pull up TOI comments section :p?

Anyway.. from her "About me" section:
    She needs to add frustrated mind in general :sad:

fyodor, Dovah, Sridhar and 5 others like this.
  5. Voldemort

It might not be an isolated case.

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Too much angst too little coherence.

Koi bc End Note samjha do bhai iska....

nik22, VIP, parijataka and 1 other person like this.
  7. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

The writer is probably right that Modi should not have indicated in any way that Indian muslims are susceptible, the statement mentioning 'Indian Muslims' should have been avoided. His statement without the words Indian muslim would have made for a better choice of words, especially when farid zakaria's question had no mention of muslims.

But she, in her commonplace extremist temperament, has over hyped Modi's response. I doubt if her opinions would have been any less caustic had Modi deferred mentioning Indian muslims. People like her will always twist facts, argue negatively no matter what you say or how good you do. It is people like her that breed extremism and not some bearded whack job in some cave in pakistan. It is not hard to make out how she manipulates the argument and presents a psyche of muslim victimization and oppression, she should live a Hindu's, a Sikh's or a Christian's life in pakistan to know what minority oppression really means.

We are not new to people like her, on this very forum I have seen at least a couple of folks who have been exhibiting similar skills.

It is such extreme anti-national sentiments that will breed the real far right and that is exactly what our enemies want. Sometimes I feel that articles such as this are done on purpose just to make this happen.

8. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

If Modi would have said that some muslims may give ISIS or Al Qaeda moral and financial support, seculars would have been up in arms.

He tries to give a politically correct statement that also does not go well. At the end of the day what do these buggers want?

After Azad maidan riots it only shows that allegiance is only for the ummah. its crystal clear ummah first and everything else secondary.

9. bennedose

bennedose Senior Member Senior Member

Last time I checked ISIS was not calling for Hindus, Sikhs and Jains in India to join them in droves to set up the Caliphate. ISIS and Al Qaeda openly talk about Sunni Muslims and why should anyone else be wishy washy about that? What kind of pseudosecularism is it to try and suppress the fact that both Al Qaerda and ISIS are Sunni Muslim terrorist organizations who are recruiting.

Do I think Indians will fall for Al Qaeda rhetoric?
    1. Indian Hindus, Sikhs and jains are not being invited so they will not join
    2. Muslims are being invited to join - and Modi has stated his view on that

I am waiting for Al Qaeda and ISIS to invite non Muslims. After that we can judge whether Indian non Muslims will eargerly take up their cause.

10. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Why Khrushid needs piles cream
    • "Muslims of India don't need a certificate from Modi." You dumbass, inbred moron! Modi was responding to a question asked by a FOREIGN journalist on whether he felt India's Muslims are susceptible to Al-Qaida and ISIL recruitment propaganda. How does that amount to giving a certificate? The only ones in the certificate-issuing business are the Nehru-Gandhis, from their ivory tower and heads high up their own anuses.
    • "Muslims of India fought for India in the independence struggle, too." Yeah, until 1930. After that, when freedom began to seem inevitable, they backstabbed Hindus, and started fighting for their own nation carved out of India, leading to its partition. Two large swathes of land, with three of India's most fertile river deltas and basins - Indus, Ganges, and Bramhaputra, were stripped off it, as was land access to the Soviet Union.
    Why this little sh1t needs some piles cream too (coward doesn't even have comments enabled in the blog)
    • "It makes me seethe with anger. Not because I will not appreciate anything that he does, but because this is a loaded statement." You mean not loaded as in not coming from a person of authority? Prime Minister of India not an authority enough for you? Instead you attach authority to statements made by small-fry politicians from Modi's party? Why didn't your heart burn when equally small-fry politicians like Akbaruddin Owaisi threatened to kill every single Hindu if the police is removed for 15 minutes?
    • "Here, he is giving a certificate to 170 millionMuslims who are citizens of the country in response to an al Qaeda video." Same logic as Salman Khrushid. This is what happens when you learn logic and reasoning at a Madarasa instead of a CBSE school. So I'll just repeat. You dumbass, inbred moron! Modi was responding to a SPECIFIC question asked by a FOREIGN journalist on whether he felt India's Muslims are susceptible to Al-Qaida and ISIL recruitment propaganda. How does that amount to giving a certificate?
    • "Why has the delusion of the al Qaeda prompted a note on patriotism?" Uh...because Al-Qaida is the antithesis of patriotism? And anyone subscribing to AQ is not being patriotic?
    • "What exactly does he mean by IndianMuslims"will not want anythingbad forIndia"? So stating the obvious is also bad now. The moment anyone (be it Muslim terrorist-sympathizers or Hindu naxal-sympathizers) want anything bad for India, they are met with the same consequences. Did you know that the bounty on suspected Naxalites with Hindu names is 100X more than the bounties on suspected terrorists with Muslim names? Yet Hindus as a group don't piss and moan, and play victim?
    • "Instead of giving a clean chit to IndianMuslims, Mr. Modi should pull up the hate mongers in his party who have openly declared war againstMuslims" Likewise, Muslims should approach the police and IB on anyone in their community who shows signs of anti-India activity. But we know Muslims won't do that, will they?
    • "America is also very Islamophobic. The Al Qaeda was America's fight. Modi is playing along with this. He is happy to help. And what better way than to drag inMuslims." You realise that AQ became America's fight after AQ started Jihad against America? So what, you're not allowed to act in self-defense now? Al Qaida is noble victim that shouldn't be gas-chambered? Who is issuing certificates now?
    • "The constant refrain by certain Indian Muslim organisations condemning all manner of terrorist activities they have nothing to do with reveals just how much they are being made to cow down." That is NOTHING compared to the sacrifices and adjustments Hindus had to make, to accommodate Muslims after 1947. When the size and shape of Pakistan was being deliberated upon, it was done so to accommodate every single Muslim of British India. Every last one of them. Only when it was too late, Hindus were informed that India was going to be a secular country, that they will be denied a Hindu state despite 1000 years of foreign occupation, and that they'll now somehow have to coexist with Muslims. That was a grave injustice to Hindus. We lost land, we lost fertile river deltas, and yet we were denied a state that implements the principals of Hinduism, the way states in Europe implement the principals of Christianity, and the way Saudi Arabia implements the principals of Islam.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  11. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

"What exactly does he mean by IndianMuslims"will not want anythingbad forIndia"? Such a comment is pathetic, the subtext being that even if they don't do any good, they won't wish evil."
    What load of crap...
    Idiocy doesn't have any religion...

12. Ahsan Bin Tufail

Ahsan Bin Tufail Regular Member

As far as I know, the Muslims in India have always tried to give their best to serve India. Shahrukh Khan, APJ Abdul Kalam etc are some of the notable names in support of my argument. I am hopeful that the same dominantly peaceful role will continue in the future as well.

13. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

These KHAN HERO's are KHANGRES &D-GANG CREATION they are pathetic actors.....

APJ is also KHANgress creation,they called him great scientist what he created nothing he just assembled some foreign missiles

Like their ummah peaceful work in Burma/Pak/Afg/China/Thailand etc :rofl:

14. Ahsan Bin Tufail

Dear @jus,
    If what khans are doing is bad, then you have to admit that what the Bollywood industry is doing is dominantly bad. I think you should be careful in your very own interest in talking about AJP Kalam, he was ex-president of World's largest democracy and no one can deny his services for the nation. I think majority of the Muslims are peace loving humans and would treat their fellow
    humans with respect, dignity and equality.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  15. jus

I don't know why pakis love Bolly,it is not bad i call it is 99% sh*t :toilet:
    WTF president we have SUPER PM Italian Maid ruled us 10yrs,sorry No one buying ur Mu piece loving concept :lol:

The joker APJ over hyped, India is great ally of West,Rus &Isr our Missile tech 10%west 80% Rus maxium 1-10% Indigenous...

16. Ahsan Bin Tufail

Dear @jus,
    I respect your liberties but I don't wish to comment further.

17. nik22

nik22 Regular Member

What is wrong with you?

Dovah and angeldude13 like this.
  18. jus

Why i said what i feel, i never believe what media/gov projected

19. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

20. jus

Means u agree APJ only assembled missiles

21. Ashutosh Lokhande

Ashutosh Lokhande Senior Member Senior Member

@jus you might be very well china/pak agent. Trying to spew hatred and divide in communities from day 1. Atleast think once before speaking in such deregatory language on open public forum about our ex president.