An Incident about Kupwara's 19 battalion

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Victor Sierra, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Victor Sierra

Victor Sierra Regular Member

It will be great if you can go through the old discussion. Old Thread Discussion can be found here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/24114-indian-soldiers-beheaded-paks-border-area-team-05-08-2011-a.html

What actually happened, the news within the Army.
    It has been kept kind of secret, not to be leaked out in Public.

Its not that they came in & beheaded our soldiers & went away.

As you know Forces at Indo-Pak borders keep exchanging fire. Sometime its shown in Media.
    Indian Army on regular basis has "DARBAAR" organized by CO.

Kumaons were also having Darbaar at there base unit probably, but it was away from the front post. Situation was normal on the border. So they left 3-5 soldiers on Duty. Somehow the Pakistani Commandos (don't know who were they exactly, Rangers or BATs) came to know & group of them came in & beheaded our 3 or 4 soldier, one of the soldier manage to escape (he was injured), he then reported to his unit but when they came back , they found only dead bodies of their fellow soldiers.

Its not where everything ends. The revenge which almost everyone is talking about is yet to be taken. Revenge was taken with 1:2 ratio. I do not want to share this story, but I have seen fellow member commenting on the guts of Indian Army. Its very sad & probably all those are immature by mind.

Almost no-one except few in Army knows What happen after that...

Soldiers were angry with this act & on the other hand this news of beheading was all over inside the Army, creating demoralizing situation among soldiers & other officers specially young.
    Later after few days, Kumaon went in & slashed 8-9 soldiers of Pakistan & one was purposely left for telling this story to other Pakistani Soldiers.

maomao likes this.
  3. abingdonboy

abingdonboy Senior Member Senior Member

I heard from a freind of mine who has conntacts within the IA that the IA sent in SOFs to the Paksitani side and they raided a Pakistani camp and killed many in retaliation.

4. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

I believe every technological resource to detect intruders should be available to forces on India's border with Pakistan.

I assume border personnel are always at a high level of awareness in their sectors.

5. Victor Sierra

They might be from Para or Ghatak. But there base unit was Kumaon.

6. abingdonboy

I heard PARA (SF) were brought in from elsewhere specifically for this mission.

Victor Sierra likes this.
  7. Victor Sierra

Indeed they are always on high alert, as at some location our posts are face to face. We do have thermal imaging & NVGs at various posts. We have video cams at various locations for surveillance. Exact happening can be find out only after visiting the location.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  8. Snuggy321

Snuggy321 Regular Member

the moral effect on the comrades of these dead soldiers must have been terrible. Imagine your buddies get beheaded like animals by those terrorists and you are not allowed to do anything but keep on sitting in your bunker with a gun in your hand :frusty:

9. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

In response to what ?
    Are you talking about during Kargil ? or during a particular incident ?

10. abingdonboy

In response to this particular incident.

Singh likes this.
  11. Victor Sierra

Moral effect always & every-time in Indian Army. Its when you are at the front & your family is in problem & you are helpless. Obviously watching your buddy in such condition is terrible. But this is Army & if you get your moral down, the enemy will take advantage & you will never be able to pay for your buddies life.

Our men didn't sat in bunker, they went in & took revenge.

12. Victor Sierra

It was a post, they slashed all the men to death except one. Everything was pre-planned.
    According to my report: Kumaon when saw the beheaded bodies. They couldn't resist to go in & slash them all. But at that time somehow situation was made under control. By the evening (dinner) it was decided, that revenge has to be taken but some were still doubtful on this action. Next day special group of men planned & then next day it was carried out.

Not sure when exactly it happened but AFAIK there was one day gap.

Two main Motives of this mission was:
    1) Revenge, to gain back trust & boost morale within the Army.
    2) Demoralizing their soldiers, so that next time they don't think about this.

13. abingdonboy

And this is how a civilised nation behaves?? I think not, Just goes to show you how rotten the PA and the entire Pakistani state is- right to the core. Fundamenalists are in almost every position now. The PA has lost any respect I once had for it.

14. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

that army had no capability but false false ego only. they were humiliated many times and the self styled militia ie the PA failed to protect its nation in 1971 and now almost daily from talibs and home grown insurgents.
    the problem is not only fundamentalist reigning in pakistani power corridor but fundamentalist who headed and are heading PA and other pakistani armed forces who dont have the idea or concept of pakistan. for them the islam is everything and they have impulsive and shortsighted idea of war or life or anything- thats why they shout a slogan and attack enemies and get tighter slap in return.

15. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Do we really need to re-discuss this..

Rest in Peace to Men & Respect..

W.G.Ewald likes this.