An explanation, please

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I would like to see roma's theory on where the Finns and their language fit in.:)

I think the author Sinclair Lewis once sarcastically wrote that Americans believe the native tribes of the US descended from the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Lost_Tribes

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I would like to see roma's theory on where the Finns and their language fit in.:)
.I think the author Sinclair Lewis once sarcastically wrote that Americans believe the native tribes of the US descended from the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel. Ten Lost Tribes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
hey there Ewald,
ok im wirting this without having done any last minute googling ( serious ! )
basically from what ive known in the past - the Finns are NOT part of teh scandinavian people but rather the Finno-ugric group ....Ugric ( perhaps misspelt ) refers to the Uyghur people of central asia .... it seems the finns are more related to turkish than scandinavian ... apparently lots of connections with the magyars ( hungary ) too ....their language ( suomi ?) is not part of the large indo-european group just as turkish is not too .
that's all i know ..... not doing a phD in anthropology - merely speaking as a layman ! ahem ! ( laywoman )

i do NOT subscribe nor accept any of teh lost tribe of israel stuff - do not know anything about it - as far as i am concerned all israelis are "present and accounted for " ( Sir ! )

in fact, come to think of it, your choice of finns is a perfect example ( :cool2:) of what i said about northern people whether european or siberian ( Lapps or Laplanders ) being part of the same group ! they are both part of the descendants of Japeth .

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
actually just a few hours ago at the shopping mall i met two ladies and one of them was Hungarian so i double checked with her - and she confirmed what i wrote above , - she said they Hungarian ( Magyar ) are part of the uyghur group , " no one knows where we're from but we're part of the Uyghur group " ....just thought i'd add that in here

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
actually just a few hours ago at the shopping mall i met two ladies and one of them was Hungarian so i double checked with her - and she confirmed what i wrote above , - she said they Hungarian ( Magyar ) are part of the uyghur group , " no one knows where we're from but we're part of the Uyghur group " ....just thought i'd add that in here
I'm sorry, that is so funny. Confirmation from two Hungarian ladies at the mall.:)

This is academic rigor of the Internet.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I'm sorry, that is so funny. Confirmation from two Hungarian ladies at the mall.:)
This is academic rigor of the Internet.
hadnt seen this earlier ....so the late reply
i didnt mention the mall was nearby a top univ and the ladies were researchers there

btw which university did u graduate from ? :rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Not sure AbramxHagar. Quran uses the name Ibrahim whih is Arabized Abraham. There is no Ibram.

The question about race can be easily solved by genetic tests than get into who came from which father and what name.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Now the Mullah in the local mosque next to my House taught my friend that all Terrorism is done by Hindus!!!

I asked him ALLL?

He said YES...

and I am not Jokeing.

pmaitra

Now the Mullah in the local mosque next to my House taught my friend that all Terrorism is done by Hindus!!!

I asked him ALLL?

He said YES...

and I am not Jokeing.
It is true that "joke" ends with an "e," but there is no "e" in "joking."

:troll:

pmaitra

Not sure AbramxHagar. Quran uses the name Ibrahim whih is Arabized Abraham. There is no Ibram.

The question about race can be easily solved by genetic tests than get into who came from which father and what name.
Ibrahim and Abraham are the same persons.

Graeco-Romanization of some common Semitic names are:

Ibrahim/EphraimAbraham
SaraiSarah
Yusuf/IosifJoseph
MikhailMichael
YakubJacob
MusaMoses
IsaJesus
HarunAaron

pmaitra

My mind is cool as a cucumber. Any way all terrorism is done by Hindus.. That is the Friday prayer message this time.
In other words, you are implying that you are a cucumber-head, i.e. a ----head?

:p

I am just jokeing. :)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
In other words, you are implying that you are a cucumber-head, i.e. a ----head?

:p

I am just jokeing. :)
So this thread is about spell checks?!!!!

Shame on you being a Mod and diverting the topic, if i were you i would ban you asap.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
about this story of origin of Jews and Arabs, did Arabs believe in it before 7th century? I mean they were polytheist idol worshipers before that time, did this biblical story exist among Arabs of that time?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
about this story of origin of Jews and Arabs, did Arabs believe in it before 7th century? I mean they were polytheist idol worshipers before that time, did this biblical story exist among Arabs of that time?
Jews and Christians existed. Arabs converted to Islam. Biblical beliefs or non belief does not change genetics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles