Amnesty International booked for sedition and rioting over Kashmir

airtel

Country flag
Yup, was about to post on similar lines.

Times have changed, vocal rhetorics no longer works in the age of "fast moving news" age. Words and speeches on TV channels have limited influence.

Pictures speak a thousand words, in this case videos speak a million words.

Our word against theirs is no longer working. Once public see visuals for themselves, few words are required for convincing them of anti-india activities happening in the country in the guise of FoE.

Having said this, individuals alone cannot manage such a large program. Only an dedicated nationalistic fully funded NGO can manage this operation. I say an NGO should be created with sufficient funds who track such meetings/seminars and video record these events. Keep filing cases when ever a proof of anti-India activities are recorded. And more importantly funding should not come from any RW political party.

NGO vs NGO is the only way out of this mess. Govt should not get into this, only police and judiciary should.

I think that would be a bad Idea , both of the NGOs would earn money and influence few peoples .........

better Idea would be buying all the famous news channels(Including rNDTV) & blocking all the anti Indian Facebook pages .
and in extreme situations target killings like Mossad of Israel .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think that would be a bad Idea , both of the NGOs would earn money and influence few peoples .........

better Idea would be buying all the famous news channels(Including rNDTV) & blocking all the anti Indian Facebook pages .
and in extreme situations target killings like Mossad of Israel .
There is a price for everything.

Buying TV channels also requires money, and trust me no rich guy in india is so patriotic that they buy TV channel just like that. I am talking from first hand experience on how they think for over a decade.

The point is who is going to track which Facebook pages to block. I don't believe in the concept of random successes, I believe there should be a plan for everything.

And more over what I am suggesting is using their own tactics against them. We should beat them in their own game by fully utilising Indian judicial system.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
so did anybody watch the newshr y'day?!

tale of two channels:

rNDTV (English) - diverted the issue into debate on the 'sedition law'. totally useless 'discussion', with fellows like SC lawyer dushyant dave harping on the usual 'intolerance' etc. & nidhi razdan appreciating his 'blunt views'.

Times Now - revealed good info about the hypocrisy & slimy nature of amnesty int'l - its roles in the danish (cartoons) case, Geeta Sahgal letter, Iraq & its 'WMD' case, accusations of being in sync with the issues the US state deptt. of foreign affairs casts its eyes upon, etc. accused AI of using plausible deniability. panelists included Mr. Mattoo, Mr. Sambit Patra, tushar gandhi (left in between), john dayal (this chap is invited by Arnab to always pull his pants down I think), shabnam lone, AI's naved ahmed..............it was fun to see the BIF brigade using candyfloss terms to skirt objective questioning, & resorting to shouting, personal attacks, douchebaggery, particularly by john dayal who proved himself to be an irritating clown with his mannerisms.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Positive side is that the termites are now coming out of the wood work.
I sense that this usually happens when their habitat gets threatened.

Ghar wapsi is the only long term solution.
hahaha :rofl:
what an apt simile! this needs to be saved in personal dictionary.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Positive side is that the termites are now coming out of the wood work.
I sense that this usually happens when their habitat gets threatened.

Ghar wapsi is the only long term solution.
what do you call John Dayal upon Ghar wapsi ?

John is too Caucasian for his dark skin.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
what do you call John Dayal upon Ghar wapsi ?

John is too Caucasian for his dark skin.
B.O.N.D. Dayal, may be?! :lehappy:

yes look him talking, appears like is trying to speak while having a bawaaseer attack! what funny mannerisms he has! face of a baboon, head titled to an angle of 20 degrees to his right-side (he should tilt that poo-dump to the left), hands always in front while speaking like is doing some nigga' rap, & a slow deliberate forced accent as if an aboriginal is trying best to seem to be an inglissman like his master!!

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
There is a price for everything.

Buying TV channels also requires money, and trust me no rich guy in india is so patriotic that they buy TV channel just like that. I am talking from first hand experience on how they think for over a decade.

The point is who is going to track which Facebook pages to block. I don't believe in the concept of random successes, I believe there should be a plan for everything.

And more over what I am suggesting is using their own tactics against them. We should beat them in their own game by fully utilising Indian judicial system.
For your Kind Information , owner of network18 is Mukesh Ambani ..............that means he owns channels like IBN7 & CCN-IBN etc .

but please tell me why they are not doing anything Like times Now ??

RSS & VHP are not Poor organizations .................even BABA RAMDEV has 5000cr empire he can easily buy NDTV (which is in loss) .

& it is business they can earn money from it ...................

BJP has Good relationship with Ambanis & they can control media .................

I can give you List of 100s of Anti Indian facebook Pages .

Freedom of expression is Ok ..................You can criticize Government , political parties , political leaders ........but these media houses dont have any right to support Insurgency , Riots & Civil wars in this Country .

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
For your Kind Information , owner of network18 is Mukesh Ambani ..............that means he owns channels like IBN7 & CCN-IBN etc .

RSS & VHP are not Poor organizations .................even BABA RAMDEV has 5000cr empire he can easily buy NDTV (which is in loss) .

BJP has Good relationship with Ambanis & they can control media .................

Freedom of expression is Ok ..................You can criticize Government , political parties , political leaders ........but these media houses dont have any right to support Insurgency , Riots & Civil wars in this Country .
Firstpost is also mukesh ambanis'. RIL has been now been fined heavily twice in a row by this govt. So the friendship atleast on business-level already went for a toss. :D

Raise this question with Mr. Suresh Chavhanke.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Actually I stopped watching CNN-IBN since Choubey and Pallavi ghosh are still in that channel. If you notice they don't do any neutral coverage to current govt.

So as I said business men have their own agenda which is not necessarily in line with parties like BJP.even though we think modi has good relation ship with Ambanis, they still don't get favourable coverage from Ambani owned media houses.

.Congis get favourable press because they have interlinked their businesses with media owners.

Other points I agree with..

airtel

Country flag
Actually I stopped watching CNN-IBN since Choubey and Pallavi ghosh are still in that channel. If you notice they don't do any neutral coverage to current govt.

So as I said business men have their own agenda which is not necessarily in line with parties like BJP.even though we think modi has good relation ship with Ambanis, they still don't get favourable coverage from Ambani owned media houses.

.Congis get favourable press because they have interlinked their businesses with media owners.

just look at the reaction of foreign & desi media

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghaba...rk18-is-this-the-death-of-media-independence/

http://mdaily.bhaskar.com/news/NAT-...ork-18-mean-for-indian-media-4659813-NOR.html

Well, Ambani is a major player in India. Now with his formal entry into the media industry, questions will be raised about the credibility of every story that comes through.

Speaking to Daily Bhaskar, P. Sainath, leading journalist of the country said a corporate takeover is the worst possible outcome for the state of affairs in the media industry.

It is not desirable at all for a corporate magnate to take over media house, which only questions the credibility of the news spread, he added.

While Network 18 had been marred by a number of head honchos resigning, a Reliance takeover only accentuated the spurt. Rajdeep Sardesai, Sagarika Ghose, Shereen Bhan have reportedly put in their papers.

The present quandary of Network 18 does throw light into the pitiful state the media is in. Considered the fourth pillar of the country, there definitely seems to be a question on the foundations of the very pillar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at present westerners control most of the media houses in this country ...............which is not good , they can influence public opinions , voting patterns & change the government & policies according to western interests Indians should buy these TV channels & newspapers otherwise they will create civil wars in this country .
this is more important than banning some NGOs .

Russians have RT & sputnik ....................Britishers have BBC , Muslims have Al-jazeera , please tell me what the hell this country is doing ??
not a single popular propaganda news agency .

This is why I like some of the policies of Chinese Government ..........

airtel

Country flag
oh my God .......i was searching about rNDTV and voila ...........................Mukesh Ambani is the owner of rNDTV too ..........................now i truly Hate Mr. Ambani .

http://www.moneylife.in/article/who-really-owns-ndtv/42206.html

Who Really Owns NDTV?
Sucheta Dalal
09 June 2015 20
In 2009, a Mukesh Ambani group entity took control of NDTV under the guise of a loan agreement. The plan was to find a buyer in “three to five years”. No buyer has been found so far and effectively, NDTV is controlled by the Ambanis

In July 2009, Vishvapradhan Commercial Pvt Ltd, a company associated with Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) gave a loan of Rs350 crore without any interest to NDTV's Prannoy Roy, his wife Radhika Roy and their private holding company RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd. This was a bailout-cum-takeover in the guise of a loan.

The sole purpose of the loan was to repay funding obtained by Roys obtained from a bank, which is barred by the market regulator. Under the agreement signed on 21 July 2009, the Roys were to issue a convertible warrant that equals to 99.9% of the “fully diluted equity share capital of the borrowers (the Roys and RRPR Holdings) at the time of conversion” and the Ambani group agreed to limit their aggregate shareholding to 26%.

Let us unravel for you this wonderfully structured “loan document” which effectively allowed Ambani to take over the company with a few key clauses.

1. Clause 6 of the agreement talks about the warrant; the details of what this mean are a part of Schedule 1, under terms of the warrant. This says “at the sole option of the lender (Ambanis)”, the warrant can be converted into the underlying equity shares “at any time during the tenure of the loan or thereafter without requiring any further act or deed on the part of the lender”. An agreement, which allows the lender to convert a warrant into share even after the tenure of the loan, can only be a sale.

2. The loan/sale had two conditions. First that the Roys would have to transfer 26% of their equity to RRPR Holdings through the sale of 1.63 crore equity shares. Secondly, that a company called NDTV Four Holdings Ltd, would invest $85 million in NDTV Studios Pvt Ltd and this would be brought into the parent company NDTV through a merger or some other means. The agreement does not go into details about what is this holding company and why the pre-condition of bring back $85 million to India, but we learn this is under investigation.

3. Another clue that this loan is actually a sale is in Clause 11. It says that the borrower RRPR Holdings will have only three directors; of these, the lender (read Ambani group) will nominate one. More importantly, there can be no quorum unless this nominee director is present at every board meeting. Of course, there is also an undertaking that the lender will not interfere with the editorial policies of NDTV, but we can surmise how effectively that would work.

4. Clause 19 is titled “Mutual Endeavour”. It says that over the next three to five years the Ambani group and RRPR would look for a “stable” and “reliable” buyer for RRPR who will “maintain the brand and the credibility of NDTV”. It is now over five years since the agreement was signed, which explains the rumours about the possible sale of this crucial holding that is key to the ownership of NDTV. But it also raises another question: were the Ambanis only bailing out NDTV for someone else? Ambani also owns Network 18 group and reportedly has stakes or has offered similar friendly bailout loans to several other media groups, making it among the largest media owners in India.

5. Now let us look at some more corroboration. The agreement on behalf of Vishvapradhan Commercial is signed by Mr KR Raja. A simple google search shows that Mr Raja is the same person, whose private telephonic conversation with lobbyist Niira Radia led to Reliance Industries issuing a profuse apology in June 2011, to P Chidambaram, the then Home Minister. More about Vishvapradhan Commercial’s transactions and its connection with Reliance is available in this report in Newlaundry and e-magazine. Mr Raja also figures in connection with RIL’s purchase of a stake in NewsX, which was subject of an investigation by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO). This was reported by a media website called The Hoot.

6. Everybody knows that a loan agreement is concerned about interest and not valuation. This one is different. Schedule 3 (2) and sub clauses b, c and d to the loan agreement deals with issues relating to NDTV and the NDTV Group that need “prior written consent” of the Ambani company. It documents the minimum valuation of the group at Rs1,346 crores; any corporate action below this requires the lender’s permission.

7. Other issues that require such consent pertain to the possible amalgamation, consolidation, merger of NDTV with any other entity, buyback of equity, reduction or alteration of its share capital or any action with regard to the share capital where by the promoters cease to be in sole control of NDTV and the NDTV group.

8. These clauses make it very clear that NDTV’s promoters can do almost nothing without the consent of the Ambanis. Curiously, none of this is known to the public or to the shareholders and stock exchanges. While SEBI has recently imposed a fine of Rs2 crore on NDTV for a disclosure lapse of I-T notice, the non-disclosure of what it has signed in this loan document appears far more serious.

The iron-clad agreement signed by RRPR and the Roys with Vishvapradhan Commercial in 2009 make it clear that the Ambanis have had complete control over this group. But it is still not clear whether the group is the ultimate beneficial owner.

An email sent to NDTV has elicited no response. This story will be updated if and when we hear from the group.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
just look at the reaction of foreign & desi media

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghaba...rk18-is-this-the-death-of-media-independence/

http://mdaily.bhaskar.com/news/NAT-...ork-18-mean-for-indian-media-4659813-NOR.html

Well, Ambani is a major player in India. Now with his formal entry into the media industry, questions will be raised about the credibility of every story that comes through.

Speaking to Daily Bhaskar, P. Sainath, leading journalist of the country said a corporate takeover is the worst possible outcome for the state of affairs in the media industry.

It is not desirable at all for a corporate magnate to take over media house, which only questions the credibility of the news spread, he added.

While Network 18 had been marred by a number of head honchos resigning, a Reliance takeover only accentuated the spurt. Rajdeep Sardesai, Sagarika Ghose, Shereen Bhan have reportedly put in their papers.

The present quandary of Network 18 does throw light into the pitiful state the media is in. Considered the fourth pillar of the country, there definitely seems to be a question on the foundations of the very pillar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at present westerners control most of the media houses in this country ...............which is not good , they can influence public opinions , voting patterns & change the government & policies according to western interests Indians should buy these TV channels & newspapers otherwise they will create civil wars in this country .
this is more important than banning some NGOs .

Russians have RT & sputnik ....................Britishers have BBC , Muslims have Al-jazeera , please tell me what the hell this country is doing ??
not a single popular propaganda news agency .

This is why I like some of the policies of Chinese Government ..........
As far as corporate media ownership is concerned, there was a meeting between media owners, modi and shah. This was within the first three months of forming the government. Some of Media owners it seems have informed modi that they won't interfere in reporting by their news organisations. At best they can do is that give BJP a choice to nominate their chief editors. Don't forget that some changes did happen, difficult to list out all.

On the point of needing a international channel of our own, I believe the day India's direct foreign policy intervention goes beyond IOR we will definitely see our own channel. Right now there are no major concerns other than pakiland.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

Choubey had done a scathing interview of kejrwal once. I have watched him less, but his interview of susukumar was simply appalling! However, i have observed these media houses to not be directly reporting in favour of congress or others, but focus lesser on them regards being critical of the establishment. This focus is emphasised when BJP is in power, & now as we're seeing, even low depths are being touched & lines being unabashedly crossed.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
BTW, Zee News (& to some extent, IndiaTV) are doing a very fine job! Its popularity has increased manifold. Recently anchor Sudheer Chaudhary had visited the Army base camp in Leh-Laddakh, and the reactions from the soldiers there were truly heartening!
One of those, for example, being - "sir hum aapka show DNA roz shiddat se dekhte hain. Aap jab desh ke dushmanon ki pant utaarte ho to humein bahut maza aata hai, achchha lagta hai!"

Times Now is the new entrant in thus club with a BANG! NewsX is one other english news channel that's doing a bit good for the Indic cause (recall its series of reporting on the WB-Hindus issue).

A great thing that has happened is, clear-cut split in media-houses, with the likes of rNDTV on one side, and ZeeNews, Times Now, etc. on the other.

While the only TRUE HINDUTVA channel is Sudarshan News, which is also very popular and has fast gained mainstream attention.

Some more good ones are Deepak Chaurasiya's India News, and Samachar Plus of i think Mr. Manoj Raghuvanshi. Watch this gentleman in primetime debates. I've once seen him literally rip apart a commie & a 'dalit thinker' with his sharp sarcastic knife!
Tapatalked!

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
B.O.N.D. Dayal, may be?! :lehappy:

yes look him talking, appears like is trying to speak while having a bawaaseer attack! what funny mannerisms he has! face of a baboon, head titled to an angle of 20 degrees to his right-side (he should tilt that poo-dump to the left), hands always in front while speaking like is doing some nigga' rap, & a slow deliberate forced accent as if an aboriginal is trying best to seem to be an inglissman like his master!!

Barkha+Dutt+Women+World+Summit+Held+New+York+ImxKvhue0qwl.jpg

Perfect candidate for her Catwoman.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Amnesty India temporarily closes offices, postpones events after sedition row

Terrorist Amnesty.jpg

Amnesty International India has temporarily closed its offices in Bengaluru, as well smaller ones in Pune, New Delhi and Chennai and postponed events aimed at raising awareness of rights abuses over safety concerns for its staff after the charity was accused of sedition by protesters, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.

Political activists held demonstrations against the rights group on Tuesday and Wednesday, accusing it of inciting hatred against the state during an event it hosted on alleged abuses by the security forces in Kashmir Valley. Police said they were investigating if “anti-India” slogans were raised at the event after receiving a complaint from the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).

Read | Sedition case against Amnesty for pro-Kashmir freedom slogans at an event

Amnesty said the allegations against the organisation were unsubstantiated, but admitted that slogans calling for Kashmir’s independence were chanted by some people attending Saturday’s seminar in Bengaluru.“The allegations mentioned in the complaint are without any basis. The event was an open door event and people were coming and going. No staff members were involved,” said Himanshi Matta, charity’s spokesperson.

“They are preventing the families of victims of human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir from having their stories heard. And preventing civil society organisations from enabling these families to exercise their constitutional right to justice.”

Read | NGO moves SC to challenge ‘misuse’ of sedition law against activists

Following protests by hundreds of right-wing activists in Bengaluru on Tuesday and in Delhi on Wednesday, Matta said the charity had decided to temporarily close its offices.The seminar - aimed at raising awareness over the lack of justice for families of victims in Kashmir - was planned to take place in Mumbai and New Delhi next week, but has been postponed due to security concerns for the families and staff, she added.

Rights groups have for years accused security forces battling a separatist insurgency in Kashmir and parts of northeast India of violating civilian rights through Armed Forces Special Powers Act (Afspa), which gives them sweeping powers to search, arrest or shoot people.

Read | Amnesty to Kanhaiya: How sedition law is used to settle political scores

Authorities and the armed forces deny the charges, saying the law is essential to root out militants.Video footage of the event in Bengaluru which was recorded by Amnesty has been handed over to the police, and is being studied by forensic investigators, said a police official, who declined to be named. Kashmir has been the trigger for two of the three wars between India and neighbouring Pakistan.

The investigation comes as the Kashmir Valley experiences its worst unrest in six years after security forces last month killed Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani, who was idolized by some youth, provoking an outpouring of anger. More than 60 people - civilians and security forces - have been killed in last 40 days in violent street protests, and a strict curfew has been imposed on residents.
=======================================================================================
Maulana Rockullah's Expert comment: How the hell these Terrorist NGO are able to work in India? It's good we already banned few thousands of these anti-national NGO's which have been planted by enemies of India to destabilize and stop our development projects.They want to use "Freedom of Speech & Democracy of India" and push their evil plans and make Indians fight among themselves.

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles