AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Without item 30 fgfa will be just like su 35 in T50 Pakfa/su57 coat.
It is just to cut-off the further delays and the fate 0f item-30 will be decided later when it will meet its maturity stage. It can be retrofit later.
I think that Indian govt should also encourage perhaps Indian army to develop its own air force with INDIAN FIGHTER PLANES (hence Tejas and AMCA etc)
No need of such fighters under IA aviation wing. The inter-operability issues will be resolved as soon as the Chief of Defense staff will get appointed. Have patience and Wait & watch...
The serviceability rate of the Dassault Rafale fighter jet in service with the French Air Force is 48.5%, according to information given to a French lawmaker by the government.
No Air force want full scale availability in peace time, just to save funds. Same was done by France but if you look for Rafale in their active involvement in conflicts, they attain a availability of almost 100%
I guess the govt better get refund from Dassault as the availability rate is far lower than guaranteed
Rafale is a highly modular fighter and it can achieve the availability rate of upto 90+ % at any point of time with a short notice

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Inspite of talking about rafale or fgfa on amca thread, can any one tell, what this is and what will be its function on Amca

Attachments

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Inspite of talking about rafale or fgfa on amca thread, can any one tell, what this is and what will be its function on Amca
Active Conformal Radar Arrays & Sensors For AMCA Like PAKFA and Spectra For 360° Awareness.
This comprises the spread of separate sensor elements embedded across the AMCA’s airframe in a way that consolidates overall stealth and lowers all aspects of the aircraft’s final signature, while making use of that very spread to provide a heightened degree of sensor coverage and domain awareness to the pilot. Just like cameras around a car to five the driver a 360° awareness.
The 16 element linear and 32 element planar array will either segue smoothly into the functionality of stealth or stick out sorely and make the AMCA significantly more visible across electromagnetic spectra. In other words, it isn’t just how well these little elements work separately, but how they work together as a whole system through Data Fusion — and above all, how well they are housed in the body of the aircraft so they don’t interfere with stealth.

tsunami

Country flag
What is the status of full scale model. If I am not wrong it was supposed to be ready by September end this year.

rone

Country flag
i think India started amca rcs test becoz the actual number to build 1:! mock up was two one to study rcs characteristic based on surface metallurgy in new rcs testing complex in India(started in 2016 or in 2017 mid dont remember ) other one is to test the optimized rcs in France (its a rumor becoz france also help japan for its 5th gen pgm to test optimized rcs ... or probability it will be our gov diplomacy may be am not sure)

the fpga deal may stuck further becoz Russians current altitude towards India ( now they ready to sacrifice their money cow for poor Pakistan in return to jihadhi intel and cntrl in sirya and also recent India us relations , any way if so Russia going to get strong impact on their defense market ... i think )

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
What is the status of full scale model. If I am not wrong it was supposed to be ready by September end this year.
i think India started amca rcs test becoz the actual number to build 1:! mock up was two one to study rcs characteristic based on surface metallurgy in new rcs testing complex in India(started in 2016 or in 2017 mid dont remember ) other one is to test the optimized rcs in France (its a rumor becoz france also help japan for its 5th gen pgm to test optimized rcs ... or probability it will be our gov diplomacy may be am not sure)

the fpga deal may stuck further becoz Russians current altitude towards India ( now they ready to sacrifice their money cow for poor Pakistan in return to jihadhi intel and cntrl in sirya and also recent India us relations , any way if so Russia going to get strong impact on their defense market ... i think )
As per the latest update of 9th Sept , 1:1 (full scale model) is still under fabrication and expected to be completed by November'17. Than after the RCS and other stealth related test will proceed.
Till now, ADA already completed these tests on lower scaled models only.

Moroboshi

I am not sure if this is a fair analogy. US has significantly more influence over Israel, especially with regards to defence, than it has ever had with India. But who knows...

sthf

Country flag
ADA & HAL will kill Mk2 not Muricans.

The dramatic increase in performance that was promised in Mk2 gets less dramatic if Mk1A does it's job.

The first flight of Mk2 went from 2018 during Aero India 2013 to 2022. Atleast 5 years of flight testing before induction (No, I don't share the optimism that it'll be inducted in 2 or 3 years).

So essentially India will be inducting a 4.5 gen aircraft around 10 years from now and a production run of 10 years means that MK2 will be what Mig-21 was in the 1990s. Still flying but not going to win wars for you.

So build the MK1A in numbers, kill the MK2 and move on ASAP to AMCA.

Khagesh

India could do what the Israelis did. Export the designs for money, to another interested country.

Flame Thrower

The dramatic increase in performance that was promised in Mk2 gets less dramatic if Mk1A does it's job.

The first flight of Mk2 went from 2018 during Aero India 2013 to 2022. Atleast 5 years of flight testing before induction (No, I don't share the optimism that it'll be inducted in 2 or 3 years).

So essentially India will be inducting a 4.5 gen aircraft around 10 years from now and a production run of 10 years means that MK2 will be what Mig-21 was in the 1990s. Still flying but not going to win wars for you.

So build the MK1A in numbers, kill the MK2 and move on ASAP to AMCA.
Can you please peovide the source for "The first flight of Mk2 went from 2018 during Aero India 2013 to 2022". I do agree that flight testing wouldn't complete in 3 yrs.

sthf

Country flag
Can you please peovide the source for "The first flight of Mk2 went from 2018 during Aero India 2013 to 2022". I do agree that flight testing wouldn't complete in 3 yrs.
I think it was mentioned by Air Commodore Mao in his interview. I'll look it up.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Forget about American lobby gang . Our ADA-HAL bubus are enough to screw this project up. HAL is not able to produce more than 4 LCA per year and I have pinned hopes on AMCA/Tejas Mk2. Better bring private players.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
As per the latest update of 9th Sept , 1:1 (full scale model) is still under fabrication and expected to be completed by November'17. Than after the RCS and other stealth related test will proceed.
Till now, ADA already completed these tests on lower scaled models only.
So can we expect(if everything goes fine) first flight by 2022.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

========================================================

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
we can't make our own amca without foreign help ...we don't have some technologies which we need for a fifth generation fighter ...I think that's why goi is forcing russia for tot .......

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
This is actually an ill informed statement. AMCA can be deverloped completely indegeneously as all the buiding blocks are in advanced stages of developement : Kaveri 110-125 KN , stealth coating RAM, stleathy airframe shaping, serpentile air intake, 3D TVC, AESA radar, sensor fusion etc.
During the 90's when Su-30 mki contract was signed there was 0 % TOT and only licence manufacture. So obviously we decided to go for TOT in next collaboration with Russia which they are very reluctant to give.
The problem is IAF itself is not happy with PAK-FA as a semi stealth airframe is being passed on as Fifth gen even though it it just 4.75 gen and have suggested numerous changes. India has invested 295 million $ and a basic airframe design is reached which is exhibited in Aero-India 2013. We should withdraw from this project and develop this airframe as our indegeneous AHCA. With 6 billion $ investment which Russia is asking in ADA and HALwe can have multiple fifth gen fighters as well as stealth bombers and transport planes indegeneously. Better to go indegeneous route.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
we can't make our own amca without foreign help ...we don't have some technologies which we need for a fifth generation fighter ...I think that's why goi is forcing russia for tot .......

This is not true at all, 60 percent of the stealth will come with the design and rest with the materials used, being a stealthy design AMCA will have less surface to cover up with ram, also amca composites materials have embedded radar absorbing materials, so stealth won't be hurting as it is propagandised by others.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles