AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

lcafanboy

Country flag
http://*****************/attachments/hal_amca_stealth_fighter_1-jpg.2963/

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one word sums it up.

Wish final product is as slick as this pic.

airtel

Country flag
The wings resemble Nortrop YF-23's structure. I do seriously dream something like that even if it means a JV with Northrop. :)
this is an artist's impression made by Murali yadav based on initial design of AMCA ......................

Final design is different .............Final design is similar to F-22 .

Chinmoy

Country flag
this is an artist's impression made by Murali yadav based on initial design of AMCA ......................

Final design is different .............Final design is similar to F-22 .
Somewhere in Walk the Talk show with HAL, I'd seen glimpse of something similar :)

Krusty

Country flag
People are more interested now in getting job as sweeper in govt than as a skilled mechanic . So lazy men . Engineers applying for sweeper jobs while there is a shortage of skilled people to handle high end manufacturing .
A majority of Engineers graduating from India are a joke. I recently asked a group of graduates 'to define engineering'. So far I have asked about 60 people. Not one single "engineer" gave a convincing answer.

Krusty

Country flag
Why would they care about this question as a whole it varies with opinion right
They could not frame in their own words what engineering meant. If an engineer cannot say what engineering is, one can see the level of qualification. Like it or not it's just mostly mugging up some java, some electronics concepts and some algorithms. And your final project, oh my god. Any junk that you come up with or pay for will do. You are in the clear. I am an engineer myself and I'm appalled at the syllabus and how it's taught and how marks are awarded at tests. at best, most of these students are capable of performing routine tasks given suitable training. Of course I don't mean everyone. There are good colleges churning out great materials like the IITs, VIT and so on who do ample research in their respective fields right at college level. But I speak of the majority of colleges where just mugging up and passing exams is the norm and they go on to join some flapfteare company where they are seat warmers. There is a reason why Google, facebook, Mercedes, amazon don't recruit from these colleges. They aren't cutting edge material.

Last edited:

raja696

They could not frame in their own words what engineering meant. If an engineer cannot say what engineering is, one can see the level of qualification. Like it or not it's just mostly mugging up some java, some electronics concepts and some algorithms. And your final project, oh my god. Any junk that you come up with or pay for will do. You are in the clear. I am an engineer myself and I'm appalled at the syllabus and how it's taught and how marks are awarded at tests. at best, most of these students are capable of performing routine tasks given suitable training. Of course I don't mean everyone. There are good colleges churning out great materials like the IITs, VIT and so on who do ample research in their respective fields right at college level. But I speak of the majority of colleges where just mugging up and passing exams is the norm and they go on to join some flapfteare company where they are seat warmers. There is a reason why Google, facebook, Mercedes, amazon don't recruit from these colleges. They aren't cutting edge material.

I agree part of ur assertion but the knowledge is gained only when they use it in practice.

Do you think asking a question to define a word Engineering really assess how intelligent a person is?

That means in ur perspective
Engineering (word) =>millions of years of evolution # complex brain.

As long as Indian don't know how to use those brains (students).

Engineering definitions stand out.

You provide apprenticeships and screen them out.

You always want ready made stuff... ?

Krusty

Country flag
I agree part of ur assertion but the knowledge is gained only when they use it in practice.

Do you think asking a question to define a word Engineering really assess how intelligent a person is?

That means in ur perspective
Engineering (word) =>millions of years of evolution # complex brain.

As long as Indian don't know how to use those brains (students).

Engineering definitions stand out.

You provide apprenticeships and screen them out.

You always want ready made stuff... ?
Straw man argument. In an interview to take in freshers, do you think a simple basic question is not valid? Of course it's a valid question. No engineer of high quality education will fumble at that question. It's disgraceful. It says a lot about our learning culture in educational institutions. Mug up what's in your text and vomit in tests. No wonder our colleges do not rank high in the world lists, except for a few IITs. How can you even defend it? The person spend four years studying it after all, but cannot even say what it is? How does this have a connection with ready made stuff?

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
indeed, but he can reduce the total purchase number.
And don't forget he wants to keep all jobs in USA, so forget the idea of MII with US manufacturers. Or with old tech, maybe.
That means no more f-16 or f-18 discussions and French rafales got another shot

raja696

Straw man argument. In an interview to take in freshers, do you think a simple basic question is not valid? Of course it's a valid question. No engineer of high quality education will fumble at that question. It's disgraceful. It says a lot about our learning culture in educational institutions. Mug up what's in your text and vomit in tests. No wonder our colleges do not rank high in the world lists, except for a few IITs. How can you even defend it? The person spend four years studying it after all, but cannot even say what it is? How does this have a connection with ready made stuff?
I agree with you as a overall part of ur reasoning sir. But what about his certification upon who spends 4 years of time.

All I say is why don't you trust his qualification or put ur criticism on institutions and cultivate them to ur need.

Infact if you see many btech branch (non computer) students learn courses in short span and get jobs related to programming.

Its not what I am defending its all about recognising how adaptable those students are which is missing in interviews.

Its simple trust them en mend them to your need.

Do you really believe that they got there certificate and passed there exams with out knowing what it is.

I will conclude this way. There are 2 ways to progress in carrier.

1. Do a job and study or enroll an education for skills required for that job to progress higher up.

2. Second way: we study the core (all syllabus ) en dont understand which part of your education helps you in ur job and dont have a slightest clue except a vague text in mind to answer complex questions like Engineering :) :rofl:

There is a difference sir atleast give them apprenticeship(zero pay) (no need of permanent jobs)and tell them to aquire skills thats needed to progress in that job.

If they are unworthy show them the door (simple).

They are not so stupid as if they are buying certificates on streets en attending interviews.
Haha.

U have every right not to select if they fail in Interview(unarguable )

But recognise in this system academics, employer, students all have equal role in blame game.

Its employers metal or skill to employ students and craft them to ur need.

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
If we can get 125 Kn of engine by any means..that would be fantastic for AMCA program

Krusty

Country flag
I agree with you as a overall part of ur reasoning sir. But what about his certification upon who spends 4 years of time.

All I say is why don't you trust his qualification or put ur criticism on institutions and cultivate them to ur need.

Infact if you see many btech branch (non computer) students learn courses in short span and get jobs related to programming.

Its not what I am defending its all about recognising how adaptable those students are which is missing in interviews.

Its simple trust them en mend them to your need.

Do you really believe that they got there certificate and passed there exams with out knowing what it is.

I will conclude this way. There are 2 ways to progress in carrier.

1. Do a job and study or enroll an education for skills required for that job to progress higher up.

2. Second way: we study the core (all syllabus ) en dont understand which part of your education helps you in ur job and dont have a slightest clue except a vague text in mind to answer complex questions like Engineering :) :rofl:

There is a difference sir atleast give them apprenticeship(zero pay) (no need of permanent jobs)and tell them to aquire skills thats needed to progress in that job.

If they are unworthy show them the door (simple).

They are not so stupid as if they are buying certificates on streets en attending interviews.
Haha.

U have every right not to select if they fail in Interview(unarguable )

But recognise in this system academics, employer, students all have equal role in blame game.

Its employers metal or skill to employ students and craft them to ur need.
Sir with all due respect, I am also an engineer from chennai. I am also currently in the IT industry. I absolutely loved and had a passion for hydrodynamics and aerodynamics but went into IT just because of the cliched pressure. I know full well how qualified my peers were. 10 th fail, 12th compartment passed all were with me. And with all due respect, I know exactly how qualified you need to be to get into one of these IT companies. Most of what is done is just junk work for which one week is enough to prepare the candidate. There are very few high tech development projects compared to the tons of production support which is the bread and butter of our IT companies. You do not need an engineering degree for it. A 12th pass guy with a week worth of proper training is enough for the job. Skill is not required because it isn't a 'skilled' job. Most of those in the IT field are those from non IT branches.

Edit: apologies for the off topic rhetoric

Last edited:

wuzetian

My mistake. Its walk the talk with team tejas.. Here is the video. Kindly watch it. It appears a couple of times in back.

Thanks . I am very interested to know the secret projects ADA is working on which is repeatedly referred to in the video, what could they be ? 6 th generation fighters or twin engined Tejas ?

lcafanboy

Country flag
extremely Bad reporting by Indian media ......................ELTA 2052 is already selected for LCA .

I think they are Going to Buy GaN Based AESA Radar From USA (or any other country ) .....................to use in AMCA .

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...es-to-bid-for-tender/articleshow/55949613.cms
LCA MK1A will have GaN elta2052 AESA where as Jaguars will have GaA elta 2052 AESA, AMCA will have GaN UTTAM AESA based on GaN Elta 2052. No imported AESA radar for AMCA only if world has moved to ROFAR which would be on SU pakfa, India will have to search for radar outside INDIA or that also can wait for MLU for AMCA.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles