Amazing inventions from Chinese farmers!

Discussion in 'China' started by opkeyen, May 11, 2012.

1. opkeyen

opkeyen Regular Member

Zhang, a 37-year-old local farmer, who is interested in scientific inventions, has made six miniature submarines with several fellow engineers, one of which was sold to a businessman in Dalian at a price of 100,000 yuan ($15,855) last October. The submarines, mainly designed for harvesting aquatic products, such as sea cucumber, have a diving depth of 20-30 metres, and can travel for 10 hours, local media reported.
    [​IMG]
    Amateur inventor Tao, 34, made a fully functional submarine, which has a periscope, depth control tanks, electric motors, manometer, and two propellers, from old oil barrels and tools which he bought at a second-hand market.

He took 2 years to invent and test the submarine which costs 30,000 yuan ($4,385).
    [​IMG]
    Farmer Wu Yulu drives his rickshaw pulled by a self-made walking robot near his home in a village at the outskirts of Beijing.

[​IMG]
    A woman rides an unicycle at a park in Shanghai. The unicycle was designed by Chinese inventor Li Yongli who called it "the number one vehicle in the world."

[​IMG]
    Zhao Xiuguo and his brother Zhao Xiushun built the car from scrap metal and said that they wanted to design and build the first Formula One racecar in China.

[​IMG]
    The round steel flying device, which cost more than 20,000 yuan ($3,135), is the fifth model made by Shu, a junior middle school graduate.

It measures around 5.5 meters (18 feet) in diameter, and is powered by eight motorcycle engines. Shu managed to hover for 10 seconds at about 1 metre (3.3 feet) above ground during a recent test flight.

[​IMG]

Ray and Zebra like this.
  3. opkeyen

opkeyen Regular Member

The aircraft which weights about 130 kg (287 lbs) and made of recycled materials including three motorbike engines and plastic cloth, cost about 2600 yuan ($395),
    [​IMG]
    The 4.5-meter-long (15ft) ultralight, powered by two motor engines, took Shu eight months to build and cost him 5,000 yuan ($733),
    [​IMG]
    The 3.2-metre-high and 5.5-metre-long three-seated giant bicycle, weighing over one tonne, cost Zhang more over 20,000 yuan ($3,156).

Zhang spent two months making this bike as a gift for his son, a 25-year-old part-time cartoonist currently living in Shenzhen, Guangdong province.

[​IMG]
    The amateur inventor says his submarine is made from old oil barrels but fully functional with a periscope, depth control tanks, electric motors and two propellers.

[​IMG]
    The submarine, 9.8 meters long, two meters wide, and four meters high, was built by some ten shipbuilders in seven months.

Maritime Administration of the Yangtse River banned the submarine's trial voyage because it did not undertake any navigational procedure.

[​IMG]
    The 5m long, 1.5m wide plane, mostly made of recycled iron plates, cost the aircraft enthusiast and his family two years and more than 40,000 yuan ($6,349),
    [​IMG]
    The graphic designer and helicopter enthusiast, with help from his friends, has spent more than a month building the 6-meter-long and 350 kg helicopter.

Gao claims he will eventually fly the contraption as a personal project
    [​IMG]

A chauhan likes this.
  4. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

you called inventions, we called "JUGARD"

Nagraj likes this.
  5. opkeyen

opkeyen Regular Member

In fact, they are fun, because farmers have leisure time

6. kickok1975

kickok1975 Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Our people have entrepreneur spirit but our governments have ruler/slave spirit.

Nagraj and Zebra like this.
  7. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Actually Money opens the brain windows ;) when i'll have lots of money to waste i'll try my hands on Drones ! :D

8. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

LMAO... these are Chinese "inventions" ????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The OP is making fun of himself and the ones who are doing these "inventions" and overall China.

9. Rahul92

Rahul92 Senior Member Senior Member

Thats somewhat i din't expect from china

10. Defcon 1

Defcon 1 Senior Member Senior Member

Is the environment in china suitable for entrepreneurship?? Can you get venture capital easily there if you have invented some product like the above?

11. s002wjh

s002wjh Senior Member Senior Member

actually for farmer who never had proper education to build something like this with scrap metal and other parts from all over the place is pretty good.

12. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

invent
    /inˈvent/ - Create or design something that has not existed before; be the originator of.

rock127 likes this.
  13. J20!

J20! Senior Member Senior Member

Bitter!!! SHOW US AN INDIAN FARMER CAPABLE OF DESIGNING AND OPERATING HIS OWN SEA CUCUMBER HARVESTING SUBMARINE. Testimony to our education system.

14. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I have to congratulate those Chinese who made that airplane, submarine, unicycle. I have to encourage anyone who is entrepreneurical.

15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Well done.

Give my congratulations to these great and simple people.

They are the real backbone of the Nation.

However, in India we don't eat sea cucumbers and so there is no inventions. No, I don';t think it is a testimony to education and instead I feel it is because of entrepreneurship.

By the way can that submarine be used for prawns and oysters?

16. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

rock127 likes this.
  17. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

pmaitra likes this.
  18. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

What I said necessity = innovation watch this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  19. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

The man who invented 'Bullet Santi': Rediff.com Business

Mansukhbhai Jagani is not an educated man. He hails from a family of poor farmers in Mota Devaliya village in Amreli district, Gujarat. But what makes him remarkable is that he has won patents for his innovation in India and the United States.

Mansukhbhai's life was rife with problems. The family's financial condition did not allow him to study. He dropped out of primary school and started helping his father in farming. However, Mansukhbhai always had a positive approach towards life.

He made sure these problems did not affect him. Instead he focussed on converting these problems into big opportunities. "I always wanted to be an innovator and develop things that never existed," says Mansukhbhai.

The farmers in his village were going through a terrible crisis. A severe drought had crippled them. Farmers were forced to give up farming due to water shortage and death of bullocks, which were used to till the land. They could not afford to buy tractors either.

It was then that Mansukhbhai started working on developing a device that could solve the problems of thousands of farmers in the region.

Our farmers also can be very innovative but most of them are dirt poor.:sad:

20. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

We can take up Indian innovations in another thread. Let's keep this to Chinese innovations.

pmaitra likes this.
  21. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

Yes I know but I was responding to Chinese members our farmers can be innovative as well.