'Made in Pakistan' weapons being sold to 40 countries

Prometheus

I would suggest, all Indian and Pakistani user's should stop cracking jokes at each other ..... we are the same people!. If Pakistan or India even manage to sell a bolt to the western countries, we should be proud of it, rather then putting each other down. After centuries of technological deprivation, we have finally started exporting the same weapons to the west, which once upon a time were used to divide and conquer us. I think both of us should celebrate each others achievements, because when you put each other down, only the rest of the world is laughing. Look for the day when Indian and Pakistani weapons compliment each other, rather then fight each other.

Zebra

Country flag
Note that the website mention obsolete weapons and some minor sub assemblies for ammunition and their like.

Great export indeed!

It is like stating that bootlace eyelets are being exported for foreign branded shoes.
:rofl: :pound:

----------------------------

Sir, nearly 40% of the items in those lists have nothing to do with defense or arms industry.

And few of them are listed there twice.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would suggest, all Indian and Pakistani user's should stop cracking jokes at each other ..... we are the same people!. If Pakistan or India even manage to sell a bolt to the western countries, we should be proud of it, rather then putting each other down. After centuries of technological deprivation, we have finally started exporting the same weapons to the west, which once upon a time were used to divide and conquer us. I think both of us should celebrate each others achievements, because when you put each other down, only the rest of the world is laughing. Look for the day when Indian and Pakistani weapons compliment each other, rather then fight each other.
Pakistanis don't think that we are the same people, not that it really becomes an earth shaking fact to us.

If only you have the time, do read 'The Subtle Subversion : The State of Curricula and Textbooks in Pakistan' compiled by A. H. Nayyar and Ahmed Salim. It will clarify the issue and you will be aware that we would be fooling ourselves if we fall prey to sentimentalism. The truth is bitter.

An extract
Children are presently taught Pakistan Studies as a replacement for the teaching of history and geography as fullfledged disciplines.

In the first 25 years of Pakistan, this was not the case. Children at that time were taught the very early history of South Asia, including pre-historic times.

The books described in detail the ancient religious mythology of this region, the early great Hindu and Buddhist kingdoms of the Mauriyas and the Guptas, the Muslim conquests and establishment of Muslim sultanates in North India. This long historical perspective of our region is absent in more recent textbooks. Instead, children are now taught that the history of Pakistan starts from the day the first Muslim set foot in India.
In fact, not realising it so, inspite of scholars and reports saying that Pakistan does not recognise that we are one people or from the same stock, is actually what makes one the laughing stock.

India did not export arms as a matter of principle except to Nepal. It if of late there has been a change of policy and even that is very subdued.

Prometheus

Pakistanis don't think that we are the same people, not that it really becomes an earth shaking fact to us.

If only you have the time, do read 'The Subtle Subversion : The State of Curricula and Textbooks in Pakistan' compiled by A. H. Nayyar and Ahmed Salim. It will clarify the issue and you will be aware that we would be fooling ourselves if we fall prey to sentimentalism. The truth is bitter.

An extract

In fact, not realising it so, inspite of scholars and reports saying that Pakistan does not recognise that we are one people or from the same stock, is actually what makes one the laughing stock.

India did not export arms as a matter of principle except to Nepal. It if of late there has been a change of policy and even that is very subdued.
With all due respect Ray sir, I myself have been guilty of trolling on Pakistanis for a long time . After 26/11 even I took to the net for Paki bashing, because back then the only voices you heard on youtube and other sites was of people like Zaid Hamid and PTV. But things have changed since, most Pakistani videos on YT today are pro India, and parsing India's achievements in every field, so I don't think it is necessary to rub it in their face, after they have come to the realization that they were wrong. Its okay to have a little fun once in a while, and yes we do have dedicated threads on this forum like "the Pakistani musings thread" , but seriously do we need to be so blinded by hate that we turn even their achievements into a negative fiasco ? I mean both our nations have a long way to go, and thankfully India at least is on the right track, but seriously do you want to see Pakistan fail, cause that will be more detrimental to India then any other nation. Go ahead and insult them if they do something wrong!, but if they are doing something right praise them. Asoka the great, is our national symbol/ emblem, and was praised not because he ended up becoming good, but because of the sheer distance he traveled from being evil and ruthless to being kind and humane. Pakistan and Pakistanis are doing just the same , and we must encourage them rather then make them feel sorry for giving way. I for one feel good that a rifle from the Indian subcontinent is being exported to a country that has a monopoly on arms !

ghost

@Prometheus Sir,

Asoka the great, is our national symbol/ emblem, and was praised not because he ended up becoming good, but because of the sheer distance he traveled from being evil and ruthless to being kind and humane.

Pakistan and Pakistanis are doing just the same .

In your dream...............

Last edited by a moderator:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Vow, country who has a mass electricity crisis. 101 million people can't afford 2 time meal is producing weapons at that scale.

ladder

Country flag
With all due respect Ray sir, I myself have been guilty of trolling on Pakistanis for a long time . After 26/11 even I took to the net for Paki bashing, because back then the only voices you heard on youtube and other sites was of people like Zaid Hamid and PTV. But things have changed since, most Pakistani videos on YT today are pro India, and parsing India's achievements in every field, so I don't think it is necessary to rub it in their face, after they have come to the realization that they were wrong. Its okay to have a little fun once in a while, and yes we do have dedicated threads on this forum like "the Pakistani musings thread" , but seriously do we need to be so blinded by hate that we turn even their achievements into a negative fiasco ? I mean both our nations have a long way to go, and thankfully India at least is on the right track, but seriously do you want to see Pakistan fail, cause that will be more detrimental to India then any other nation. Go ahead and insult them if they do something wrong!, but if they are doing something right praise them. Asoka the great, is our national symbol/ emblem, and was praised not because he ended up becoming good, but because of the sheer distance he traveled from being evil and ruthless to being kind and humane. Pakistan and Pakistanis are doing just the same , and we must encourage them rather then make them feel sorry for giving way. I for one feel good that a rifle from the Indian subcontinent is being exported to a country that has a monopoly on arms !
I will reply to your post in detail later. But let me tell you, you started after 26/11 because you were old enough to know what had happened and had internet to air your views. But you too must know many were old enough to feel what you felt after 26/11 even after 2006 incident. Some here are old enough to have seen 2001 Parliament attack live on TV. Even some have the visuals of 1993 Bombay blast still fresh and recollecting then from memory wouldn't be taken as fighting Alzheimer's. And Pandits of the valley would forget the year 1989 when their life started to change permanently?

You see some change because you take 26/11 as reference point. But, others taking other reference point will not conclude as you have.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Don't forget the free donation to 40 different terrorist organisations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
With all due respect, this is my reply.

Well, there are many trolls on this forum and they transcend national borders. The Moderators have a huge problem in discerning if one is trolling or one is merely afflicted with ignorance. Hence, what looks trolling sometime is ascribed by us as abject ignorance or mental and knowledge incapacity causing virulent outpourings,

That apart, I am sure there are those in Pakistan who are disillusioned with the way Pakistan has floundered, tripped and finally turned ungovernable. And many of them are from India and they are called 'Mohajirs'. These people apparently are disillusioned that they quit their Motherland for the home of the Pure which has turned impure (in a manner of speaking) in all ways. Possibly, they yearn for their the 'good old days' and regret their decision to hotfoot to the so called Pureland.. They, naturally, are in the forefront of what one would think is being 'pro Indian'.

I wonder if there is any 'blind' hate towards Pakistan. But yes, if a country that celebrates terrorism and exports it to India, then one could hardly say that India shall embrace them as true peaceniks espousing international brotherhood. I am sure you will recall that the then PM, Zardari had openly admitted that Pakistan was sponsoring terrorism to India and their Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz said that Pakistan should not go after 'good' terrorists!

Militants not dangerous to Pakistan should not be targeted: Sartaj
Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz on Monday said that Pakistan should not target militants who do not threaten the country's security.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1145135
One would not want Pakistan to fail. One would want Pakistan to be a responsible country with stability and participate in international bonding. But does the world see anything like that happening?

Notwithstanding the terrorism exported to India with catastrophic consequences to India, their beheading of our soldiers, we have been magnanimous in continuing dialogue. And what have they been doing? Continuing terrorism and harbouring and encouraging terrorism. I wonder if that type of attitude where they are posing a threat to harmless Indian citizens should be encouraging us to be Jesus Christ and extending the other cheek.

I do not know King Ashoka except what he is said to be in the historical books. But then history can be shortsighted and agenda driven, whether you like it or not.

While history has a relevance, but it should not be taken to the final word. It has to also been seen with modern relevance and not by blind faith.

Take the case of Alexander the Great, who came to conquer India. It is said that his troops were weary and were suffering from malaria. That maybe one of the reason, but if one reads the book of the Effect of Logistics on Wars by a US General, one would realise that the major cause of Alexander returning was because his logistics which was being supported by galleys off the coast failed to touch port owing to the stormy weather in the Arabia Sea. So, every day something new crops up and history takes a new turn.

Last edited:

bennedose

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is manufacturing and selling weapons to over 40 countries, bringing in $20 million annually, the chairman of the Pakistan Ordinance Factories said Thursday.]
40 countries buying 20 million worth of weapons? WOW!!! I am gobsmacked! . Phew. That is about 50% of Pakistan's GDP of $40 million a year. That makes every Pakistani richer by 10 cents - the price of a life in Pakistan

Kshatriya87

Country flag

We "WERE" the same people.

bennedose

I would suggest, all Indian and Pakistani user's should stop cracking jokes at each other
Four Indian soldiers were killed in 2 days ago in an attack across the LoC. You want to ignore stuff like that and post this sanctimonious crap? It is your prerogative to live in denial - stick a carnation behind your ear and sing "Kumbaya my love" at the Wagah border - but there is not need to ask others to love people who need to suffer before they learn the meaning of humanity. If that means we must be inhuman - so be it. You can opt out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Four Indian soldiers were killed in 2 days ago in an attack across the LoC. You want to ignore stuff like that and post this sanctimonious crap? It is your prerogative to live in denial - stick a carnation behind your ear and sing "Kumbaya my love" at the Wagah border - but there is not need to ask others to love people who need to suffer before they learn the meaning of humanity. If that means we must be inhuman - so be it. You can opt out.
A good point that should indicate what is the reality of life.

As Kalidas had written - Look to this day, for it is the day of days and in its brief space lies the realities and verities of existence.

Prometheus

Well what the Pakistanis were doing was a result of the brainwashing that was done by their govt. on behalf of their army. Ironically, for decades the Pakistani Army has been promoting the most hawkish of soldiers to the ranks of Generals, and the military continues to dictate Pakistans internal and external policies. The army sees it as their only means of remaining in control and keeping their country united is by creating an external threat (India). Thankfully with alternate private and vocal media (they do a better job then the Indian media ), and an uncensored internet, the opinions of the average Pakistani are changing. People in Pakistan want change and peace with India, and they are moving towards it!. The momentum is set, more and more people are pushing forward towards it , the Pakistani army can no longer keep Pakistan united by creating artificial threats. By criticizing their every action, we are just making it more difficult for the pro India/peace lobby. Support the Pakistanis who are moving and pushing for this change.... that's all I am asking.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
From Gujaral to Manmohan Singh, Aman ka Asha, Wagah Candlelighters, all have tried.

Einstein had said - Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.

If one's mind is empty it is ready for anything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few or so it is said.

Many times bitten and so now shy.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles