'Made in Pakistan' weapons being sold to 40 countries

ladder

Country flag
Janes and Pakistani media have reported that seven countries are close to signing the JF-17 deal.
Personally I am expecting that Nigeria will become the launch customer followed by Iraq.

Now that the Gripen E has been denied to Argentina, we're also trying to sell them the JF-17. No media reports yet.
Argentina has settled for Kfir for the time being.

I too was expecting Nigeria but their bosses are pleading for Scorpion jets from USA at friendly prices. ( Strange but true)

Iraq, I don't know. Probably if you send pilots with the jets, then probably chances increases.

Neo

Argentina has settled for Kfir for the time being.

I too was expecting Nigeria but their bosses are pleading for Scorpion jets from USA at friendly prices. ( Strange but true)

Iraq, I don't know. Probably if you send pilots with the jets, then probably chances increases.
Yes, Israel has sold Kfir NG to Argentina but those will always be a subject to embargo during a future crisis in Falkland hence cash strapped Argentina is still interested in the JF-17.

Iraqi Airforce has a long history of cooperation with Pakistan. We trained their pilots and even flew their Mirage F-1C's. A JF-17 deal will cime with training and maintenance indeed as Iraqi infrastructure has completely been destroyd.

Neo

Serious candidates for the JF-17 are:

Nigeria
Myanmar
Iraq
Azerbaijan
Egypt
Sri Lanka
Qatar
South Africa

ladder

Country flag

Nigeria
Myanmar
Iraq
Azerbaijan
Egypt
Sri Lanka
Qatar
South Africa
Myanmar, I doubt those media report that were published.

Nigeria is a possibility.

Iraq too, but depends.

Azerbaijan, I don't track.

Egypt. Doubtful.

Sri Lanka, very very slim chance. I will be surprised.

Qatar. Have enough money. Can settle for anything.

South Africa? Why?

Pandora

Country flag

Nigeria
Myanmar
Iraq
Azerbaijan
Egypt
Sri Lanka
Qatar
South Africa
Wake me up when someone buy Jf17. Showing interest is one thing and buying is another.Am hearing this since 2009 still no buyers but pakistan.

Neo

Myanmar, I doubt those media report that were published.

Nigeria is a possibility.

Iraq too, but depends.

Azerbaijan, I don't track.

Egypt. Doubtful.

Sri Lanka, very very slim chance. I will be surprised.

Qatar. Have enough money. Can settle for anything.

South Africa? Why?
South Africa are hardly flying their Gripens as they are too expensive. They are interested in a local version of FC-1/JF-17 with indigenous weapons and electronic suite.
We have been cooperating closely in weapon development.

Neo

Wake me up when someone buy Jf17. Showing interest is one thing and buying is another.Am hearing this since 2009 still no buyers but pakistan.
You will read it in the media soon, don't loose your hair over it.

Zebra

Country flag
1) Are we talking about arms for civilian use or for military use?

As the thread claims......'Made in Pakistan' weapons being sold to 40 countries.

2) From where we can verify the names of those 40 countries?

Even Sipri database won't help bcz it is not correct.

Neo

1) Are we talking about arms for civilian use or for military use?

As the thread claims......'Made in Pakistan' weapons being sold to 40 countries.
Both, civil as well as military use.

2) From where we can verify the names of those 40 countries?

Even Sipri database won't help bcz it is not correct.
There's some information on the Defence Export Promotion Organization's official website.

Defence Export Promotion Organization

Last edited:

Sameet Pattnaik

this much countries you cannot even ship then products by your own pakistani shipping companies forget about shipping military ! one think you people can do import all muslims from and export all hindu , christians and other non islamic religion followers ! my country problem will solve and your countrymen will more happy right !

anupamsurey

Country flag
SO FAR I WAS SAVING MYSELF BY NOT COMMENTING ON THIS SHIT NEWS, but looks like it has gone too far.
THIS REPORT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME NEWS, WHICH PAKIS GENERATE TIME TO TIME..

EXAMPLE PAKISTAN WON ALL 4 WARS AGAINST INDIA.

THEY SUCCESSFULLY DEFEATED INDIA IN 1965.

THEY SAVED EWEST PAK FROM INDIA IN 1971, BUT GAVE EAST PAK TO BENGALIS.

WE GAVE SIACHIN TO INDIA AS NOTHING GROWS THERE

INDIA IS BEHIND TERROR ATTACKS ON ITS AIRPORT AND WAGAH BORDER.

BINGO!! WE SELL WEAPONS TO 40 COUNTRIES.............................................

I REQUEST PAKIS TO START TAKING IODINE NAMAK, it will at least make brains bigger in future generations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He said that modern weapons produced by POF have made it possible to target terrorists taking refuge in caves and buildings. The POF is also manufacturing mortar bombs, small arms, artillery ammunition, tank- and anti tank ammunition and other defence weaponry, he added.

Pakistan is the world's third largest weapons importer, trailing behind neighbouring India and China, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
The world's third largest weapons importer is an exporter!

Sure. Must be.

Exporting terrorist with Pakistani weapons!

No wonder they get caught soon thanks to the stoppages and poor performance of the Pakistani weapons.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Both, civil as well as military use.

There's some information on the Defence Export Promotion Organization's official website.

Defence Export Promotion Organization
Note that the website mention obsolete weapons and some minor sub assemblies for ammunition and their like.

Great export indeed!

It is like stating that bootlace eyelets are being exported for foreign branded shoes.

bennedose

But made in Pakistan weapons are used by terrorists in 168 countries...

Reactions: Ray

Pandora

Country flag
Note that the website mention obsolete weapons and some minor sub assemblies for ammunition and their like.

Great export indeed!

It is like stating that bootlace eyelets are being exported for foreign branded shoes.
On one side they claim they exported 20million dollar of equipment while India despite its own incapable OFB and huge internal demand ,exported more than 112million dollar of equipments.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
On one side they claim they exported 20million dollar of equipment while India despite its own incapable OFB and huge internal demand ,exported more than 112million dollar of equipments.
Pakistan has been left in the shade on all departments of Nation building when compared to India.

That is their grievance since they thought they would outpace India having got rid of Hindu dominance by creating a new state of the 'Pure'.

They have tried every trick in the book and they have been left panting and breaking wind.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles