All Muslims serving in the U.S. military should be removed

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Galaxy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

All Muslims serving in the U.S. military should be removed

Tuesday, November 15 2011, 11:30 AM
    [​IMG]
    A Tennessee lawmaker is drawing intense criticism after calling for the removal of all Muslims serving in the U.S. military.

Republican State Rep. Rick Womick first made the controversial remarks Friday during a conference on Islamic extremism in America.

"Personally, I don't trust one Muslim in our military" and "if they truly are a devout Muslims, and follow the Quran and the Sunnah, then I feel threatened because they're commanded to kill me," the U.S. Air Force vet told Think Progress.

When asked if Muslims should be booted from the military, he replied "absolutely, yeah."

The Washington-based Council on American Islamic Relations blasted Womick this week.

"The Tennessee General Assembly must formally rebuke Representative Womick for defaming all members of the military — including the thousands of Muslims who proudly serve our nation — and for sending a message of hate to the hundreds of thousands of Muslims serving alongside our troops in other nations," CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper said in a statement.

"It was particularly offensive that Womick made his un-American remarks on Veterans Day," Hooper added.

Saleh Sbenaty, of the Islamic Center in Murfreesboro, Tenn., which is part of Womick's district, even called for the lawmaker's impeachment, according to the Tennessean.

But Womick, a Baptist and member of the National Rifle Association, stuck to his remarks.

"Who are we at war with?" Womick asked Murfreesboro's Daily News Journal.

"We are at war with al-Qaeda and the Taliban, who are Muslims. It's a Catch 22. They are not allowed to kill their fellow Muslims, we're at war with Muslims. The only solution I see is that they not be allowed in the military."

There are approximately 6 million Muslims living in America, with about 3,500 serving in the military.

With News Wire Services.

Rick Womick, GOP Tennessee state rep: All MuslimsVserving in the U.S. military should be removed, VIDEOV - NY Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

What an idiot. So much pain has been taken by successive administrations to tell the world that it's not a war against muslims but against terrorists who happen to be Muslims. All hard work (successful or not) undone by this fella.

The senator should be shown videos and news reports of Muslims killing muslims in Pakistan as well. He forgets tr Iran Iraq war, he forgets the recent Libyan civil war, on going Syrian crisis where Muslims are killing Muslims. Fella needs education in this matter.

utubekhiladi and W.G.Ewald like this.
  4. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

So what serving muslim soldiers should do?

Convert to Christianity to prove their patriotism? What blunder that would be in American history of secularism?

Or should they burn their Quran in public to gain confidence of this nuthead?

Why stop at military? Any muslim walking on streets could be threat now? How about getting rid of them?

Can he answer these questions?

---

I'm so happy! World's largest democracy & so-called World's oldest democracy are not not at all different when it comes to politics! :yey:

5. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Aha, so you cannot trust Muslims in your military, but are willing to forge an alliance with them when in need. How selfish.

Not at all. All politicians (actually most) belong to the same creed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    W.G.Ewald likes this.
  6. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Most of the Muslims in U.S. are from Asian/African countries. Majority of Pakistani Muslim or Iranian or Turkish or any Middle-East countries Muslims who living in U.S. are abusing U.S. 24x7. I haven't seen any Pakistan Muslim not abusing U.S.. You want to check what they have to say about U.S. ?? Go on their forum and check their words. If anyone has any problem with U.S., why they go to U.S. ?? live in your Muslim countries. When you live in any country then Respect and if you can't then better don't live in that country. Simple !!

Although, I agree he shouldn't have said such things. There must be many American Muslims who are patriotic. He should have targeted terrorist and not all Muslims.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Rather an odd chap to distrust all Muslims.

Steven Paul Jobs' living biological father is of Syrian origin. Abdul Fattah “John” Jandali!!

8. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

After they relived from duty in very awkward and dishonorably way, Few of them surely join insurgence..

This guy is a Blind folded big mouth attention seeker..

9. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

This is embarrassing to read. Muslims that I knew personally while in the US Army were African-American US citizens. Rick Womick should know better.

Kunal Biswas and utubekhiladi like this.
  10. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I prey to god :)scared1:) that he becomes the president! not because i agree with him but because he's a wacko :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011