All metro stations to have quick reaction teams, control rooms

ladder

Country flag
All metro stations to have quick reaction teams, control rooms
To improve the response time and overall security in Delhi Metro, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will now have Quick Reaction Teams (QRT) at every station. Control rooms will also be set up at all stations for better monitoring of passengers and keeping track of suspicious items.

As per the current security structure, there is one QRT with commandos at every three stations and a control room at important stations. "Metro is a sensitive installation and we need to be on our toes all the time. QRTs at every station will reduce the reaction time during an emergency. The QRTs will be stationed outside the metro station and commandos posted will be trained to tackle any emergency," a senior CISF official said.
=============================================================================================

As per the current security structure, there is one QRT with commandos at every three stations and a control room at important stations.
Good move to place QRT in all stations
But what was the point placing QRT in every three stations?
were they mandated to travel to the distressed station by the next available metro?

mikhail

Country flag
=============================================================================================

Good move to place QRT in all stations
But what was the point placing QRT in every three stations?
were they mandated to travel to the distressed station by the next available metro?
i think this is a good move by the CISF to counter any possible 26/11 like situation in the Delhi Metro stations.btw i can't understand one thing which is why the CISF has been given the responsibility to guard the Delhi Metro Service whe actually it's the duty of the RPF.
in Kolkata Metro stations RPF has deployed over a thousand armed and equipped men and women(a couple of hundreds of them are from RPSF or Railway Protection Special Force and each station has at least 2-3 RPSF personnel in addition to to a dozen or so R.P.F. personnel(beside vthe Kolkata Police guards the entrances and exits of each and every station and man they are pretty well equipped and armed.
so if the RPF had been given the responsibilty of the Delhi Metro Service then the CISF personnel posted there would have been utilised in a more effective manner!:cool2:

ladder

Country flag
i think this is a good move by the CISF to counter any possible 26/11 like situation in the Delhi Metro stations.btw i can't understand one thing which is why the CISF has been given the responsibility to guard the Delhi Metro Service whe actually it's the duty of the RPF.
in Kolkata Metro stations RPF has deployed over a thousand armed and equipped men and women(a couple of hundreds of them are from RPSF or Railway Protection Special Force and each station has at least 2-3 RPSF personnel in addition to to a dozen or so R.P.F. personnel(beside vthe Kolkata Police guards the entrances and exits of each and every station and man they are pretty well equipped and armed.
so if the RPF had been given the responsibilty of the Delhi Metro Service then the CISF personnel posted there would have been utilised in a more effective manner!:cool2:
AFAIK Delhi metro and DMRC is not under Indian Railways so CISF has been given the responsibility of protection at Delhi Metro.
But, Kolkata metro is under Indian Railway control so, RPF has been given the responsibility for security.

Compersion

Country flag
Wanted to ask if the underground metro tunnels of delhi metro are capable of being used to be shelters for people in armed, nuclear and chemical weapon attack . have they been planned and built for such contingencies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Very welcome news! The DM is already, IMHO, the best protected such mass-transit system on the planet and this move up security across the network substantially. I was aware that not all DM stations had QRTs so I assumed it was only the high-risk ones/largest ones, interesting to learn it was 1 in 3. I wonder how the logistics in an actual emergency would work out in the old system (1 in 3) ie how would the QRT get to another station in their remit- would it be by rail (on a metro train) or by road? Anyway this new practice will do away with such issues gladly!

I've seen some pics of CISF QRTs at DM and they look pretty well equipped, i hope they get even better equipment in the future and are throughly trained.

Good work nonetheless, I'm glad security is being taken seriously these days in India.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Wanted to ask if the underground metro tunnels of delhi metro are capable of being used to be shelters for people in armed, nuclear and chemical weapon attack . have they been planned and built for such contingencies.
No.............................

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Not all stations have QRT, only large stations have them. One of the station has got female commando unit with male commandos, its very big station.

Plus QRT keeps moving from one station to another.

ladder

Country flag
Not all stations have QRT, only large stations have them. One of the station has got female commando unit with male commandos, its very big station.

Plus QRT keeps moving from one station to another.
The raising of manpower for QRT for every station shall take time.
Presently only major stations might have been covered.

Also,

The QRTs will be stationed outside the metro station and commandos posted will be trained to tackle any emergency,
Is a important point. Can indicate that visibility of QRT is a issue.

BTW, what's the typical composition of QRT?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles