All big Bhutan players swear by India

bose

Country flag
By whatever, do you mean making Bhutan another Sikkim?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Bhutan will remain independent, India only expects Bhutan understands India's sensibilities in regard to China.

Sikkim joined Indian union on its own through peoples referendum and not through coercion and thanks to China's aggressive posture way back in 1970's that created Sikkim's insecurity and further accelerated its joining Indian union.

TrueSpirit

Please prove your assertion that wherever the Chinese go, whatever the Chinese do, and whatever the Chinese shadow creates conflicts and wars.
Just for argument's sake, PRC has a compulsive obsession with teaching a lesson to all nations who err. Could this be treated as a proof ? :rofl:

On a sidenote, PRC being a violent entity is not only a popular perception but a fact, rooted in modern history. Whether PRC citizens consider this to be for their own betterment (in their personal interest) or otherwise, is their prerogative.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Please prove your assertion that wherever the Chinese go, whatever the Chinese do, and whatever the Chinese shadow creates conflicts and wars.
Look all around you - Korea, Japan, Phillipines, Vietnam, Kampuchia, Myanmar, India, Russia .... and many more south China Seas... the Shadow of Dragon means conflicts and wars...

You need some more examples

t_co

Just for argument's sake, PRC has a compulsive obsession with teaching a lesson to all nations who err. Could this be treated as a proof ? :rofl:
No, because:

a) either you will not be able to prove the PRC has such a compulsive obsession, or

b) Poisoning the well - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A poisoned-well "argument" can also be in this form:
1. Unfavorable definitions (be it true or false) which prevent disagreement (or enforce affirmative position)
2. Any claims without first agreeing with above definitions are automatically dismissed.
your definitions will preclude debate, and are hence invalid.

On a sidenote, PRC being a violent entity is not only a popular perception but a fact, rooted in modern history. Whether PRC citizens consider this to be for their own betterment (in their personal interest) or otherwise, is their prerogative.
Now you are

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

because the original claim was not that the PRC was or was not violent (which is an unproven assertion in and of itself) - but that

wherever the Chinese go, whatever the Chinese do, and whatever the Chinese shadow creates conflicts and wars.
Finally, you are conflating 'the Chinese' with 'the PRC'. The two are not equivalent, as anyone government official from the Republic of China would remind you.

t_co

Look all around you - Korea, Japan, Phillipines, Vietnam, Kampuchia, Myanmar, India, Russia .... and many more south China Seas... the Shadow of Dragon means conflicts and wars...

You need some more examples
No, your assertion was:

"wherever, whatever, and whatever"

which implies 100% completion and 100% causation.

Your examples in no way demonstrate that. For every example of violent interaction between China and said countries I could find multiple examples of peaceful interaction, which negates your argument.

QED go swallow your pride and learn to debate.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Chinese territorial claims

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit

No, because:

a) either you will not be able to prove the PRC has such a compulsive obsession, or

b) Poisoning the well - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your definitions will preclude debate, and are hence invalid.
Isn't teaching a lesson the favorite phrase used by CPC leaders ?

Soon, after US/Russia rescued a beleaguered China from Japan in WW2, CPC started teaching lessons to their saviors within 5 years. And, it has continued to do so ever since till today, with little respite.

However, I am not defending the motion of original debate because it might not be 100% true, maybe just 80-90% :laugh:

Finally, you are conflating 'the Chinese' with 'the PRC'. The two are not equivalent, as anyone government official from the Republic of China would remind you.
I believe PRC would be more precise. Because, with my present knowledge I cannot make overriding comments about the entire Chinese race/ethnicity.

With respect to Han race, however, the "most violent" tag suits the best.

And, I can say for sure that the same cannot be attributed to the Zhuang, Manchu, Dai & Dong.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles